Login

russian armor

OKW Fortifications, 1 change to make it T1 commander

7 Aug 2019, 16:42 PM

The OKW fortifications doctrine is used, But it's not amongst the most popular commanders like spec ops

If you could build medic/reinforce bunkers it would immediately be a go to commander. Saving 250 manpower and 50 fuel on healing in a 1v1 would be enormous, and still quite useful in team games. It would also be great to diversify strat's with a reinforcement bunker option. You wouldn't need your Expensive tech structure in the middle of the battlefield to dig in and fortify a location. (400-150=250).

I think this would make the commander a lot more fun and interesting by just changing "machine gun bunkers" to "Bunkers".

What do you guys think of the suggestion or the commander? Ostheer has a very similar commander in the Joint operations doctrine with the emplacements and they can get bunkers, I think healing would be great, but not OP or too strong. (Can any brit player reasonably complain "these guys got healing thats OP?")
7 Aug 2019, 17:25 PM

I think that the volks wooden bunkers being replaced by the Concrete bunker able to be upgraded into an MG, Medic and Repair one would be nice. Medical one could be a bit more expensive but have an FRP (similar to the British Forward Assemblies, but doctrinal and more expensive) and a reinforce capability.

Just swap out the trench building and bunker from the 2 abilities and should be good in my opinion. I'd also love Osttruppen as cheap defensive type troops for the OKW as well. Something like an Atlantic Wall defensive doctrine.
7 Aug 2019, 18:30 PM

I think that the volks wooden bunkers being replaced by the Concrete bunker able to be upgraded into an MG, Medic and Repair one would be nice. Medical one could be a bit more expensive but have an FRP (similar to the British Forward Assemblies, but doctrinal and more expensive) and a reinforce capability.

Just swap out the trench building and bunker from the 2 abilities and should be good in my opinion. I'd also love Osttruppen as cheap defensive type troops for the OKW as well. Something like an Atlantic Wall defensive doctrine.

+1 on the concrete bunkers. I like it thematically for OKW a lot. Ostruppen would be a really cool idea too, but I don’t know how many players would use them instead of Volks which are already a lot cheaper than Grenadiers. They’d have to unlock their LMG42s once tier three is built too.

I like it, I like it a lot.

7 Aug 2019, 20:23 PM

+1 on the concrete bunkers. I like it thematically for OKW a lot. Ostruppen would be a really cool idea too, but I don’t know how many players would use them instead of Volks which are already a lot cheaper than Grenadiers. They’d have to unlock their LMG42s once tier three is built too.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Yeah I'm just throwing some ideas out there, I'll have to go through all of the defensive Ost commanders again for new ideas. One new thing on top of my head is hulldown since OKW tanks support animations for it, problem is the same with the Ost, it's an underwhelming ability requiring infantry to do the digging animation and then the bonuses are somewhat laughable at best. Would be nice if the tanks could just dig themselves in like in CoH.
7 Aug 2019, 20:33 PM

I agree, the concrete bunkers do go well with the theme and the current Pioneer build ability is pretty situational. For a medical forward retreat point and repair point I think that overlaps with the trucks. OKW has fancy options for repairs/healing, but not economical ones.

Osttruppen would also be something new and cool, I think you would only be able to throw them in if you bundled all the construction abilities into one cp ability though, like 3 cps you can build 5 new defensive structures. I have really enjoyed how that has worked out in commanders like urban assault for USF and infantry company for Ostheer though, its nice to have many small quality of life abilities in addition to big flash ones.
7 Aug 2019, 20:42 PM

I agree, the concrete bunkers do go well with the theme and the current Pioneer build ability is pretty situational. For a medical forward retreat point and repair point I think that overlaps with the trucks. OKW has fancy options for repairs/healing, but not economical ones.

Osttruppen would also be something new and cool, I think you would only be able to throw them in if you bundled all the construction abilities into one cp ability though, like 3 cps you can build 5 new defensive structures. I have really enjoyed how that has worked out in commanders like urban assault for USF and infantry company for Ostheer though, its nice to have many small quality of life abilities in addition to big flash ones.

Yeah I guess plunging them all into 1 ability would also help improve the Luftwaffe Ground forces doctrine as well, so you'd have trenches, concrete bunkers, the flak guns and tank traps all in one, that would also free up the slot for Osttruppen. That's a good idea.

Edit: Of course that would mean no more mines and bunkers for the Volksgrenadiers, the Osttruppen and Sturmpioneers taking over building duties solely instead.
7 Aug 2019, 20:50 PM

I think that the volks wooden bunkers being replaced by the Concrete bunker able to be upgraded into an MG, Medic and Repair one would be nice.

Concrete bunkers is a nice idea, but not the repair one, as OKW really does not need even faster repairs than they already have.
7 Aug 2019, 21:34 PM

Concrete bunkers is a nice idea, but not the repair one, as OKW really does not need even faster repairs than they already have.

What then? My point with these Concrete bunkers was to provide a cheaper alternative to the perma HQ trucks of the OKW, if they could pack up and move however this would make less of a sense as an idea.

Alternatively it could be the same as the Ostheer, MG, Medical and "Command" bunker variant upgrades but then again... "ERHMAGAWD YOU'RE MAKING THEM TOO SIMILAR!11!!!!".
7 Aug 2019, 21:45 PM

This is one of the most popular commanders in team games so I would be vary wary of buffing it.

Not least due to the bunker spamming issue that plagues 3v3/4v4 and costs 0 pop cap.

Add pop cap to Axis/USF bunkers first then we can look at potential buffs and changes.
7 Aug 2019, 22:04 PM

Command bunker and Medic bunker upgrade for OKW is very big buff,I agree
Maybe little change for 2 Defenses ability?Move trench and tank trap to filed defenses,move bunker to Heavy Fortification,so will have 2 commander have medic bunker,and Luftwaffe commander will better in 1V1
8 Aug 2019, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2019, 21:45 PMGrim

Add pop cap to Axis/USF bunkers first then we can look at potential buffs and changes.

+1

The cost of building them might prevent spamming in 1v1, but it gets real easy in team games
8 Aug 2019, 01:40 AM

Im with Grim on this one. Static gameplay buffs always backfire against game enjoyment
8 Aug 2019, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2019, 21:45 PMGrim
This is one of the most popular commanders in team games so I would be vary wary of buffing it.

Not least due to the bunker spamming issue that plagues 3v3/4v4 and costs 0 pop cap.

It is unreliable in any game because if your opponent has a good team they will be able to bomb the pak 43 or lefh. This commander should be able to add more to a strategy than just units that get instawiped by an off map if your opponents take the game seriously. I have never seen reinforcement bunker spam or medical bunker spam, and certainly don't think having a different Axis player build med bunkers will make a tangible impact on an allied players strategy. I think it is a middle of the road commander right now mabye 5/9, but more importantly many players like trying different build orders and strategies which can add to how much everyone enjoys the game.

8 Aug 2019, 08:30 AM

It is unreliable in any game because if your opponent has a good team they will be able to bomb the pak 43 or lefh. This commander should be able to add more to a strategy than just units that get instawiped by an off map if your opponents take the game seriously. I have never seen reinforcement bunker spam or medical bunker spam, and certainly don't think having a different Axis player build med bunkers will make a tangible impact on an allied players strategy. I think it is a middle of the road commander right now mabye 5/9, but more importantly many players like trying different build orders and strategies which can add to how much everyone enjoys the game.

Two click counters can be very annoying. Especially when the enemy uses the flare recon as it can't even be shot down. BUT without the ability for two teammates working together whilst spending a large amount of munitions to counter one artillery piece then game balance would suffer for it.

I think it would be good if all call in flares were removed (on the fence about the Royal artillery reg one as that only does the frontline sections) and replaced with recon plane. Then you can at least try to shoot it down first.
8 Aug 2019, 16:47 PM

Here's my idea, visualized.
8 Aug 2019, 22:08 PM

+1

The cost of building them might prevent spamming in 1v1, but it gets real easy in team games

especially with okw that have tons of mp and osteer bunker rushing
8 Aug 2019, 23:33 PM

Yeah let's give the faction with a bofors and the fastest repairing units in the game concrete bunkers along with pak 43 and lefh. What could go wrong?

Not even just that it'd be OP or whatever, it'd just lead to a lot of forced arty spam because there'd be no way to get around that much fortifications.
9 Aug 2019, 22:54 PM

for the fatherland buff is more fit than field defence
9 Aug 2019, 23:29 PM

My opinion will be unpopular but i would really like to remove LeiG from defensive doctrine. It does not add originality to the whole axis factions design IMO.

I would swap it with any other OKW commander ability/unit, to me it just doesnt fit to pair good defense with good indirect fire. Sure they both sinergyse but also thats the problem, too much bang for the buck.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★