Login

russian armor

IR Ht

PAGES (7)down
3 Aug 2019, 17:58 PM

It at least shouldnt be cheaper than the ambulance. Raise the price to 250mp 10-15 fuel and maybe there'll actually be some risk to using it.
3 Aug 2019, 17:59 PM

im ok with that but it does nopt really solve the problem, either simply make it a timed free ability with cd or rework the unit to have other roles
3 Aug 2019, 18:05 PM

At its current cost the minimap only idea is fair imo. If the current form stays it really needs a cost increase
3 Aug 2019, 19:41 PM

IR HT needs to get range decrease and more durability with fuel cost removed and have the bug it has fixed, would make it p decent.
3 Aug 2019, 20:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IR HT needs to get range decrease and more durability with fuel cost removed and have the bug it has fixed, would make it p decent.

It can't be fixed in the same way the maxim deathloop can't be fixed. It's been present since WFA release, the same mechanic was implemented in the Valentine (without fixing) and the later removed from it.

Odd to incorporate in 1v1, but anything beyond that is a maphack due to the bug. But hey, most people don't use the minimap so it barely helps them (reason abilities like radio silence are barely used as well).
3 Aug 2019, 20:16 PM

It can't be fixed in the same way the maxim deathloop can't be fixed. It's been present since WFA release, the same mechanic was implemented in the Valentine (without fixing) and the later removed from it.

Odd to incorporate in 1v1, but anything beyond that is a maphack due to the bug. But hey, most people don't use the minimap so it barely helps them (reason abilities like radio silence are barely used as well).

As mentioned before, I also think that reworking this unit to vet 1 Kubel ability would be the best fix and best balance change for IR HT.

50% more range than the vet 1 Kubel ability and also spotting vehicles.... then we could call it a day
3 Aug 2019, 20:34 PM

Why not have it fire some flares? But like double flares or something? But in order to fire them, it has to park. Flares need a good cooldown and they could be like the flares from the Soviet heavy mortar?

Flare halftrack :D
3 Aug 2019, 20:37 PM

How about you just take the magical nazi wallhack vehicle out of the game?
3 Aug 2019, 21:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would not take it out, as the general idea is not that bad. No mortar auto fires at the ghosts, so usually you'd need good micro. Also OKw T1 would need another unit or ability as replacement.

The unit is just odd and depending on the map mode. I've never seen it in any 1v1, rarely in 2v2 but a decent amount of times in 3v3, where arty becomes more important and flanking less possible. The most cancerous stuff is using it with a LeFh spam, with mortars it's not that bad.
Also I wondered why the unit is quite durable, it can take two or three tank shots. My suggestion is:
HP down to 160 (one shottable)
Leave cost as it is or only minor changes
Population up to 10 or so, to make it less combinable with heavy arty unless you really risk not having enough front line units.
Also don't make it see camoed units.

But also like the idea of giving it way less range (not sure what it currently is), maybe something between 60-70, and make a high-range timed ability for mun.

Or, third idea:
Make it a recon unit that detects units in a small circle either on the minimap or on the normal map. Plus give it a 'flare-like' ability, where it uses the IR light to make a part of the map visible (like a flare, mun cost and of course bound to a certain range)
3 Aug 2019, 21:21 PM

How about you just take the magical nazi wallhack vehicle out of the game?
what unit are u gonna add instead ?
3 Aug 2019, 22:36 PM

what unit are u gonna add instead ?

Tabk hunter squad.
3 Aug 2019, 23:04 PM

IR HT also does nothing combat wise. Or are those IR magic rays going to blind enemy soldiers? I think not.

If all units had to be payed for what they actually do, then jacksons should cost about 1k MP and a shitload of fuel...

okay first having vision 24 7 for just 200 mp and 5 fuel vs ally and ost having to spend ammo every time and wait for cd also reveal less

also the argument of it dont kill people so its fine can be use for usf medic truck too why do i have to pay so much fuel for a unit that dont kill anything? srls if just the usf medic truck cost as much as the ir ht it would be so broken the price should reflet the utility no doubt about that. but free vision for this much is just dumb where ukf need 350 just to get indirect fire that cant move
4 Aug 2019, 11:00 AM

Tabk hunter squad.
ok
4 Aug 2019, 12:10 PM

I also think its durability shouwbe reduce. Like a katyusha which costs 90 fuel or panzerwerfer or walking stuka all die with one shot. Why this half track is able to escape with only 5 fuel cost? ????
Some of the suggestions of Hannibal are good.
Think of soviet vehicle detection. It only makes visible on minimap.takes a good amount of munitions and is only workable in some radius around infantry. Now that ability is not broken. This IR halftrack in its current form needs some revamp.
4 Aug 2019, 12:38 PM

Tabk hunter squad.

just increase goddamn rakatenwerfer range at vet 1 take away stupid camo speed buff and we are golden
4 Aug 2019, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 12:38 PMbert69

just increase goddamn rakatenwerfer range at vet 1 take away stupid camo speed buff and we are golden

You shouldn't require vet to make a unit usable.
I'd sooner take away retreat, and make it's camo ambush camo that doesn't allow it to move but increases its range and accuracy attacking out of camo.
4 Aug 2019, 20:17 PM

I also think its durability shouwbe reduce. Like a katyusha which costs 90 fuel or panzerwerfer or walking stuka all die with one shot. Why this half track is able to escape with only 5 fuel cost? ????
Some of the suggestions of Hannibal are good.
Think of soviet vehicle detection. It only makes visible on minimap.takes a good amount of munitions and is only workable in some radius around infantry. Now that ability is not broken. This IR halftrack in its current form needs some revamp.

On the topic of "think like Soviet ability" I think I would rather it be a toggle, that puts a drain on munitions like Soviet self repair used to. Bring back the design of "strong abilities but strained economy"

Make choices a thing again..
4 Aug 2019, 20:49 PM

On the topic of "think like Soviet ability" I think I would rather it be a toggle, that puts a drain on munitions like Soviet self repair used to. Bring back the design of "strong abilities but strained economy"

Make choices a thing again..
u know the new commander for osteher does it for free ?, hell the lfh + jli commander does it with base trucks

nobody is gonna buy a unit that to function u have to pay with pop cap, forward pay of 200 mp and 5 fuel and constant munition for worse soviet mortart flare
4 Aug 2019, 21:40 PM

u know the new commander for osteher does it for free ?, hell the lfh + jli commander does it with base trucks

nobody is gonna buy a unit that to function u have to pay with pop cap, forward pay of 200 mp and 5 fuel and constant munition for worse soviet mortart flare

Except it doesn't.
I'm suggesting it works EXACTLY as now, but turned on/off with a muni deficit.

Also what happens if I'm playing okw (as in not the new ostheer commander) or want to play one of the ~8 other commanders? How do I get the map hax and the sturmtiger?

Also those commanders and the irht use different mechanics
4 Aug 2019, 21:44 PM

Does it for free? You have buy their half-track and then upgrade it, the 251 by itself is more expensive than the IRHT

What are you even arguing for at this point?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight