Login

russian armor

Normalize the retreat RA for the M2HB

2 Aug 2019, 19:05 PM

This gets brought up every now and again and then gets forgotten. Every single squad in the game other than the M2HB squad receives a 0.4 received accuracy bonus, the M2HB having it at 0.5 instead. It's been like this for years and is part of the reason why these things die on retreat so often compared to other MGs. This statistical difference is not noted anywhere in the game UI or unit description and is, as far as I can tell, entirely unique to the M2HB squad.

Therefore, suggestion: give the M2HB the exact same retreat RA bonus as every other MG unit in the game.

You could argue the huge mass of the bodybuilders / strongmen / supersoldiers required for this squad to be capable of running with a M2HB + tripod over their shoulders in the first place should be easier targets to hit than the average soldier, but then the .50 cal BMG rounds the gun fires should also be capable of reliably penetrating just about every vehicle short of the Panzer IV, so reality is already out the window with this piece and there's no way a M1919 is getting implemented at this point.

Why this stat aberration exists is completely beyond me and if nobody can come up with a reason why it exists the way it does than it really should be normalized.
2 Aug 2019, 19:06 PM

What's even worse is the abominable deathloop the .50 has. Arguably even worse than the maxim, and it doesn't get 2 extra men either.
2 Aug 2019, 19:14 PM

what loop , it teleports like mg 42
2 Aug 2019, 19:49 PM

Exactly
2 Aug 2019, 19:52 PM

From my experience, if the model carrying the HMG dies, another model teleports to .50cal goes prone and picks it up again. It's kind of a deathloop.
2 Aug 2019, 19:55 PM

Now that I think of it, you could probably mitigate the maxim's deathloop problems somewhat by giving the maxim crew a further reduced RA on retreat, in the same manner as correcting this.
2 Aug 2019, 19:56 PM

Now that I think of it, you could probably mitigate the maxim's deathloop problems somewhat by giving the maxim crew a further reduced RA on retreat, in the same manner as correcting this.
no it would be unfair, just change an mg 42 model change the stats and done it's fixed
2 Aug 2019, 20:02 PM

no it would be unfair, just change an mg 42 model change the stats and done it's fixed

What is your suggestion here? I don't see how fixing the death loop is unfair but leaving it in the game is fine?
2 Aug 2019, 20:04 PM

What is your suggestion here? I don't see how fixing the death loop is unfair but leaving it in the game is fine?
i said it's unfair to give absurd bonus to RA during retreat to fix death loop, as it would just make them immortal during retreat

and i pointed how to fix it
2 Aug 2019, 20:06 PM

i said it's unfair to give absurd bonus to RA during retreat to fix death loop, as it would just make them immortal during retreat

Nobody said it had to be absurd. I also hardly think removing a model entirely from the game and replacing it with a gimped MG42 is fixing anything.

Edit:

Also, is everyone at least on agreement about the OP?
2 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM

Apparently you've never watched a .50 retreat lmao.
2 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM

Yeah im asking you to clarify:

"just change an mg 42 model change the stats and done it's fixed"

Is this supposed to be clear? It's barely legible and "change the stats" does not qualify as "pointing out how to fix it"
2 Aug 2019, 20:11 PM

Is this supposed to be clear? It's barely legible and "change the stats" does not qualify as "pointing out how to fix it"

I think they mean basicly it will function as it does now, just use the mg42 model. No performance changes (except a working retreat) just visual.
2 Aug 2019, 20:14 PM

Are you guys all in agreement with the original post or is this just like a maxim thread now
2 Aug 2019, 20:14 PM

take the mg 42 , change it's model to maxim, change the stats (range dps suppression etc)to maxim and voila
2 Aug 2019, 20:15 PM

Agreed to normalizing as a start. It won't fix the issue of the loop but will help prevent it slightly.
2 Aug 2019, 20:16 PM

Are you guys all in agreement with the original post or is this just like a maxim thread now
oh yes it's probably a bug report it to the therad
2 Aug 2019, 20:22 PM

I reckon it will be fixed next patch.
2 Aug 2019, 20:24 PM

I reckon it will be fixed next patch.

As far as I can tell it has been like this for years. Would be nice though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★