Login

russian armor

What do people think of Conscripts after the patch?

PAGES (11)down
2 Aug 2019, 17:15 PM

i alredy said them, if u actually read post , nerf penal nerf t 70, buff close and mid range dps for cons, make the maxim suppress but make it longer set up time

if there is really a need make the 7th man upgrade to tier 3 but with a side tech or not if the t 70 is nerfed right

About penals i totally agree - they one of reasons why cons and maxim still underdogs, because you can play only penals and faction don't looks broken.
IF you want else nerf t-70 it means cons + maxim must become very sufficient unit to be on par with grens with lmg+mg-42.
And after all these changes, when penals will be nerfed and t-70 will be nerfed, we also must avoid situation where we will get dead t1 and dead t3.
2 Aug 2019, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 16:59 PMgbem

yes indeed you do have a deficit in your cognitive capacity... as ive said before... TOURNEYS AND HIGH LEVELS DONT MATTER SINCE EVERYONE ABUSES DOCTRINAL INFANTRY AND PENALS...

ok let me simplify this for you
3 "eras" of soviet meta
1st era = maxim era = high soviet winrate
maxim gets nerfed to the ground
cos unchanged
2nd era = no core infantry era = rock bottom winrate
penals get buffed to compensate
cos unchanged
3rd era = penal and doctrinal infantry era = decent winrate

in this second era one can see that the soviets didnt have penals or viable doctrinal infantry to back them up... and soo they FELL LIKE A ROCK... now the only thing propping up the soviet winrate are PENALS and DOCTRINAL INFANTRY... which highlights how weak core soviet infantry is...

it is still THE BEST MG qualitatively ingame and the most COST EFFICIENT MG ingame aswell

yes they do have similar MTTK.. against SPREAD OUT UNITS... the ostwind is considerably more powerful against bunched up infantry in yellow cover (i tested it in cheatmod aswell)

if you nerf the T-70 then nerf the MG42 ostwind and flametruck so that theyre no longer god tier units... or is axis the only side thats supposed to get viable god tier units?
1 u forgot that cons did get buffed
2 it's high to mid lvl no tournament only, while the win rate u are referring to is mostly unranked where they are super bad
3 the best and most cos efficient mg is still the cal 50
4 what u said doesn't make sense for the ostwind as they made it so it can only it 2 model at time at most so bunching them up changes nothing, and actually cover is more beneficial for the centaur as it ignores it and goes for accuracy only (unlike real projectile that can hit the cover)
5are u buffing green and sniper or other units to compensate like soviet ? or are u simply asking for a staight nerf ?

2 Aug 2019, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 17:15 PMMaret

About penals i totally agree - they one of reasons why cons and maxim still underdogs, because you can play only penals and faction don't looks broken.
IF you want else nerf t-70 it means cons + maxim must become very sufficient unit to be on par with grens with lmg+mg-42.
And after all these changes, when penals will be nerfed and t-70 will be nerfed, we also must avoid situation where we will get dead t1 and dead t3.
tier 1 would still have sniper and clown car, and penal would still work with the ptrs
tier 3 still have other unit that are over shadowed by the t 70 like the AA half truck or the su 76, why build aa if t 70 is better in all department ?
why build su 76 if t 70 can still deal with other LV ?
2 Aug 2019, 17:20 PM

IMHO in ideal situation i see cons as core unit that could be trained to shocks or guads if proper commander choosed. That will be looks very organic (conscript become veteran) to overall faction design.
2 Aug 2019, 17:28 PM

tier 1 would still have sniper and clown car, and penal would still work with the ptrs
tier 3 still have other unit that are over shadowed by the t 70 like the AA half truck or the su 76, why build aa if t 70 is better in all department ?
why build su 76 if t 70 can still deal with other LV ?

Build entire tier to get ptrs penals? When you have "good new" cons and zis-guns with buffed maxims? Sniper to countersniping? Maybe, but you can still wait until get T3 and counter OST sniper with t-70. I think even nerfed t-70 could kill sniper.
Su-76 underdog now because you have god-blessed zis, it could work from early to lategame, while su-76...it's almost like OST 222, have very narrow usage in some situations, but you better safe your fuel to T4 with t-34.
AA halftrack the same - good only as AA unit in back lines, it have low health, the same problem with OST Flame HT, it good while enemy don't have ATG or ptrs.
2 Aug 2019, 17:32 PM

I think if such changes will be apply soviet tier design must be reworked as well as cons. We will repair cons and maxims and kill entire tier or maybe 2 tiers (T1+T3). And really viable option become T2+T3 without armor then T4.
2 Aug 2019, 18:16 PM

Actually, current penals are result of soviets not having anything reliable at long range and cons being completely impotent without any kind of offensive upgrade.

Late game upgrade doesn't do anything for early game, therefore its still not viable to use them in early as mainline, so you get them exclusively if you go for ppsh or svt.

I always find them to expensive to buy tech and reinforce overall. But i do use them almost every game. It feels more rewarding doing good with them, because the require more effort to do so. But they are a big drain on ammo and manpower regardless.

My main gripe is as with the maxim that their costs are on the level of their counterparts while being worse units. And a lot of cons versatility is divided over doctrines.
2 Aug 2019, 18:28 PM

A month ago someone did some math and found out conscript base cost, to counterbalance the side tech needed to give them utility, should be cheeper.

Its something at least worth a try in a mod or something
2 Aug 2019, 18:47 PM

Even at the stage of test mods, it was obvious that this option is not the best for Conscripts, and people wanted alternative options for the test. But this option was adopted silently and without opilation. And here we go again.
2 Aug 2019, 18:54 PM

1 u forgot that cons did get buffed

they got reworked... their DPS were normalized not increased and theyre still bad

2 it's high to mid lvl no tournament only, while the win rate u are referring to is mostly unranked where they are super bad

and how many of them used a non doctrinal core conscript build successfully in the tournament?

3 the best and most cos efficient mg is still the cal 50

soo insistent, and yet soo wrong... the deathloop/krauteleporter alone makes the MG42 the better of the 2 machineguns period

4 what u said doesn't make sense for the ostwind as they made it so it can only it 2 model at time at most so bunching them up changes nothing, and actually cover is more beneficial for the centaur as it ignores it and goes for accuracy only (unlike real projectile that can hit the cover)

no it isnt.. do a MTTK test on clumped up units and watch the ostwind kill much faster...

5are u buffing green and sniper or other units to compensate like soviet ? or are u simply asking for a staight nerf ?

i ask again... why must axis be the only faction to have god tier units?
2 Aug 2019, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 18:54 PMgbem

they buffed their long range dps they even said it

cal 50 has the same deathloop/kauttelporter, same for the vicker , the death loop is for soviet only cause they don't know how to fix it (they could just change model of mg 42 and change it's stats to maxim, the animation would be clunky but no more death loop)

again look
Reload Frequency from 5 to 7
Scatter from 7.1 to 5.25
Cooldown from 0.5/0.7 to 0.35
Scatter offset to 0
Minimum range removed.
AA chance from 17% to 24%
Veterancy 2 AA chance from 24% to 40%
AOE can now only hit two models max per squad.

again tell me who are those god tier with example or stats, but most importantly tell me which unit u are gonna buff to make it fair, or would u rather just nerf the one being too good when it has below 50% win rate ? while only buffing the soviet ones without nerf ?
2 Aug 2019, 19:16 PM

A ways back I had put up the idea to rework cons so that they come bare bones and have global upgrades (like they do now, but actually priced with that in mind) and lose their vet entirely. They then instead of being a unit you are supposed to nurture and grow, become properly expendable. They become bodies to recrew and merge and die. They become field presence and pressure--not a lot, like now, but without paying the same as the enemy is for their proper fighting infantry.
2 Aug 2019, 19:39 PM

A ways back I had put up the idea to rework cons so that they come bare bones and have global upgrades (like they do now, but actually priced with that in mind) and lose their vet entirely. They then instead of being a unit you are supposed to nurture and grow, become properly expendable. They become bodies to recrew and merge and die. They become field presence and pressure--not a lot, like now, but without paying the same as the enemy is for their proper fighting infantry.

And which unit in such mechanic must be main infantry and fight against germans? Maxim? Or penals? As i told earlier: in each game you must have carry and support, you can't play in game full of supports without damage dealers. Such mechanic looks like Relief infantry, but more micro-oriented.
2 Aug 2019, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 19:39 PMMaret

And which unit in such mechanic must be main infantry and fight against germans? Maxim? Or penals? As i told earlier: in each game you must have carry and support, you can't play in game full of supports without damage dealers. Such mechanic looks like Relief infantry, but more micro-oriented.

Cons would actually be able to make up their numbers vs the axis if they were cheaper. Cheaper cons would help offset the building costs at the start as well (Ost can get a gren and an mg42 for 80mp cheaper than it is to get a con and a maxim,which both out outperform and out scale)

The maxim rework is a must of course so that cons can support it and more importantly that it's actually worth supporting. That's a given. But the Con thing I suggested would be a fix for cons being outmatched by a huge margin all game long.

If you build 4 cons (which is a lot) and get the side techs for them you are effectively paying 291mp for each of those squads. Do YOU feel like they outperform vanilla rifles? Approaching on penals for performance? Theu need a price cut hard is what they need...
2 Aug 2019, 20:18 PM

If you build 4 cons (which is a lot) and get the side techs for them you are effectively paying 291mp for each of those squads. Do YOU feel like they outperform vanilla rifles? Approaching on penals for performance? Theu need a price cut hard is what they need...
taht logic does not really work as axis weapon upgrades are integrated in the tech cost ? do we add battle phase 1 to the green cost too ?
2 Aug 2019, 20:26 PM

they buffed their long range dps they even said it

do u know what normalize means?

cal 50 has the same deathloop/kauttelporter, same for the vicker , the death loop is for soviet only cause they don't know how to fix it (they could just change model of mg 42 and change it's stats to maxim, the animation would be clunky but no more death loop)

well the death loop exists and due to that the MG42 is superior

again look
Reload Frequency from 5 to 7
Scatter from 7.1 to 5.25
Cooldown from 0.5/0.7 to 0.35
Scatter offset to 0
Minimum range removed.
AA chance from 17% to 24%
Veterancy 2 AA chance from 24% to 40%
AOE can now only hit two models max per squad.

its still more efficient than hitting 1 model per squad

again tell me who are those god tier with example or stats, but most importantly tell me which unit u are gonna buff to make it fair, or would u rather just nerf the one being too good when it has below 50% win rate ? while only buffing the soviet ones without nerf ?

if thats the case then why didnt u oppose the buffing of underpowered WM units like the ostwind? why dont we return the ostwind the panzergren the flame halftrack and the 222 back to their underpowered states since "buffing underpowered units without nerfing god tier units" is perfectly fine if its towards the axis?
2 Aug 2019, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 20:26 PMgbem

if thats the case then why didnt u oppose the buffing of underpowered WM units like the ostwind? why dont we return the ostwind the panzergren the flame halftrack and the 222 back to their underpowered states since "buffing underpowered units without nerfing god tier units" is perfectly fine if its towards the axis?
cause osther was UP and never used not like soviet who at least have the crutch units
2 Aug 2019, 20:40 PM

taht logic does not really work as axis weapon upgrades are integrated in the tech cost ? do we add battle phase 1 to the green cost too ?

Battle phase 1 gets you closer to tech and itself unlocks a unit.
Con upgrades ONLY do things for cons, meaning it's undisputably a cost increase for conscripts.
2 Aug 2019, 20:43 PM

Battle phase 1 gets you closer to tech and itself unlocks a unit.
Con upgrades ONLY do things for cons, meaning it's undisputably a cost increase for conscripts.
so do we just ignore the cost increase for teching ?
2 Aug 2019, 21:00 PM

so do we just ignore the cost increase for teching ?

Okay now you have lost me.

As far as I remember, cost for osther teaching was only reshuffled main thing making BP2 costing more to ok make tier 4 viable.

If your relating this to grens (tier one) I don't know what you mean by cost increase. Please explain.

Edit: I assume you were relating to osther.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS