Login

russian armor

Jackson needs some more buffs

PAGES (11)down
8 Aug 2019, 20:35 PM

but thats the thing.... nothing saays it HAS to be on the move all the time anymore. its as durable as say an su85, but has the turret and mobility TO be mobile

The su85 has self-spotting and costs less. The cost difference should be even more imo, but I don't see much you can do directly to Jackson's performance

The US don't have a single tank with more than 800 health, except the vet 2 bulldozer sherman. Probably has something to do with why they have an incredibly mobile tank killer in the game, because they have nothing to soak for it

8 Aug 2019, 21:17 PM

Both are bad ways to nerf it. Elchino already told you why the range idea is bad. Moving accuracy nerf makes no sense for a unit that's supposed to on-the-move constantly
actually he was only talking about the range nerf, he was cool with the other 2

btw why does it have to stay on the move ? it has 60 range , ff and su 85 don't have to always be on the move and they have similar stats
8 Aug 2019, 21:18 PM

Adding maybe 5 - 10 fuel cost to the Jackson is one thing (dumb but okay) but do not nerf it's preformance over a bunch of Wehraboo cry babies that can't figure out how to use AT guns and fausts.
8 Aug 2019, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 21:18 PMCODGUY
Adding maybe 5 - 10 fuel cost to the Jackson is one thing (dumb but okay) but do not nerf it's preformance over a bunch of Wehraboo cry babies that can't figure out how to use AT guns and fausts.
u can't catch it, with ff and su 85 u can actually flank and snare as they are too slow to run away instantly, the Jackson with 3 acceleration is already back to base before u can click the panzer faust
8 Aug 2019, 21:24 PM

actually he was only talking about the range nerf, he was cool with the other 2

Yes I'm aware of that, the moving acc part was from me not him

Su85 has self-spotting (seems to get highly underrated). Firefly has it's own tricks, tulips especially, but ive already said the Jackson should cost the same if not more fuel than the Firefly
8 Aug 2019, 21:28 PM

Yes I'm aware of that, the moving acc part was from me not him

Su85 has self-spotting (seems to get highly underrated). Firefly has it's own tricks, tulips especially, but ive already said the Jackson should cost the same if not more fuel than the Firefly
i would rather give it a weakness than just make it more expensive but be uncounterable

su 85 may have self spotting but jackson already is much faster and has a turret (+s elf repair)
ff is balanced with tulips tho
8 Aug 2019, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 21:18 PMCODGUY

How are you supposed to use AT guns to counter tank destroyers? Both of them are meant to be kept behind the front lines and mainly only engage targets that make a push.

The only way to kill a Jackson with an AT gun is if it somehow gets snared despite it's absolutely absurd speed, or if it goes in for a greedy dive (Which no other tank destroyer can even do)
8 Aug 2019, 22:36 PM

i would rather give it a weakness than just make it more expensive but be uncounterable

I just don't think it's THAT uncounterable. This could be coming down to game type differences though. I play more 2v2 than 1v1 and tanks of all sizes die a lot more often in team games
8 Aug 2019, 23:42 PM

I just don't think it's THAT uncounterable. This could be coming down to game type differences though. I play more 2v2 than 1v1 and tanks of all sizes die a lot more often in team games

And of all the TDs which one has the best chance of escaping? Or at the very least dragging a tank down with it...

I maintain that just making it more expensive isn't enough because then the Jackson HAS to be God tier and invalidate armour of all shapes and sizes and then if you do go afk long enough to not save it then GG because you won't be able to scrape enough h fuel together to get another one.

Nerf it a bit and take a look at its alternatives.
I could see dropping some AOE from the sherman AP shells and buffing their pen slightly such that they can fill the role of a more reliable medium counter.
8 Aug 2019, 23:47 PM

People are mad because it can counter a Panther. They think a Panther has the right to roll through everything.
8 Aug 2019, 23:52 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 23:47 PMCODGUY
People are mad because it can counter a Panther. They think a Panther has the right to roll through everything.

So you think Jackson should roll over everything instead?
9 Aug 2019, 00:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 23:52 PMNagato

So you think Jackson should roll over everything instead?

A Jackson is a paper vehicle and one trick pony lol! All it does is blow up tanks. Anyone complaining about it is probably lacking in skill or experience with either of the two ez-mode factions in this game.
9 Aug 2019, 00:09 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 00:04 AMCODGUY

with either of the two ez-mode factions in this game.

You mean UKF and USF?
9 Aug 2019, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 00:09 AMNagato

You mean UKF and USF?

You are wasting your time. If USF had a 200mp nuke in T0 he would complain that pios are also 200 and can repair faster.
9 Aug 2019, 00:18 AM

Permanently Banned

You are wasting your time. If USF had a 200mp nuke in T0 he would complain that pios are also 200 and can repair faster.

I know but I enjoy wasting my time
9 Aug 2019, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 00:09 AMNagato

You mean UKF and USF?

USF? You mean the faction where every single starting unit you have is inferior to almost every single starting unit available to OKW and OST?

UKF eh they have good stuff but it's not at bargain prices like you find with OKW or OST.
9 Aug 2019, 01:59 AM

And of all the TDs which one has the best chance of escaping? Or at the very least dragging a tank down with it...

You don't have to convince me the Jackson is the best TD, I'm already there...

I maintain that just making it more expensive isn't enough because then the Jackson HAS to be God tier and invalidate armour of all shapes and sizes and then if you do go afk long enough to not save it then GG because you won't be able to scrape enough h fuel together to get another one.

Like I said before the US has nothing above 800hp except vet 2 105mm sherman. To me that's why you have something like the Jackson. The pershing can struggle 1 on 1 against a panther, and that's the US' best tank period
9 Aug 2019, 02:08 AM

You don't have to convince me the Jackson is the best TD, I'm already there...

Like I said before the US has nothing above 800hp except vet 2 105mm sherman. To me that's why you have something like the Jackson. The pershing can struggle 1 on 1 against a panther, and that's the US' best tank period

The lack of super durable tanks is why the usf have self healing tanks.
They put their points in attack power not durability. They simply have to disengage a bit sooner (sort of like osts infantry) but they make up for it with dealing a whopping when they are there.
Furthermore,the Panther has never been easier to push off now due to its lowered armour. And if it's there to hit heavy armour, tune the Jackson against them and tune it against mediums. The issue is the absolute negation of anything with armour on it. I'm open to tuning, but maintain that making it more expensive ain't the right route.
9 Aug 2019, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 00:30 AMCODGUY

USF? You mean the faction where every single starting unit you have is inferior to almost every single starting unit available to OKW and OST?

UKF eh they have good stuff but it's not at bargain prices like you find with OKW or OST.

Your first statement doesn't even require a refutation but what exactly are you on about with "bargain prices?"
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
Germany 869
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %