Login

russian armor

Jackson needs some more buffs

PAGES (11)down
2 Aug 2019, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 11:13 AMEsxile

Same for the panther, tiger, king tiger, churchill etc... even the OKW Pz4 could be included into this list.

People are simply focusing too much on the Jackson in a vacuum and don't want to look a the faction as a whole. The Jackson is the only mobile dedicated AT unit USF have and this is the root issue of what the Jackson is today. Adding that the second AT unit USF have is locked behind a optional tech make the USF faction overly depending on Jackson to be its bread and butter for AT.

Note that Ranger's change with super-zook gave new opportunities to USF players (at least on 1vs1) to be less dependent on Jackson to counter medium tanks and Panthers.

All those things you listed can be outraged by stock units and thus kitted. The enemy has to withdraw to avoid damage or make a move to address the thing damaging them. The Jackson has the mobility and range to not be challenged in this manner.

The exclusivity of the Jackson is why I want changes to be careful and calculated taking that into account. I don't know if you have been reading up to this point but I'm arguing against a simple price increase because, as the USF's only mobile AT it puts too much weight on killing or keeping it.
I don't want the unit gutted, but saying it doesn't need toned down is Ludacris given all the benifited stacked in its corner while the corner for proper design and counter play gather cobwebs.
2 Aug 2019, 19:10 PM

Counter play already exists. They are on foot. pfaust, mines, shreck in combination with a whatever tank you have since any single tank with at perf in this game can win vs the Jackson.
2 Aug 2019, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 19:10 PMEsxile
Counter play already exists. They are on foot. pfaust, mines, shreck in combination with a whatever tank you have since any single tank with at perf in this game can win vs the Jackson.
???
2 Aug 2019, 19:17 PM

???

Update your game maybe. Pz4 fire faster than the Jackson and both need 4 shots to be down. We're not in front of a sherman / panther situation where you seriously need some luck to win with your sherman.
2 Aug 2019, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 19:17 PMEsxile

Update your game maybe. Pz4 fire faster than the Jackson and both need 4 shots to be down. We're not in front of a sherman / panther situation where you seriously need some luck to win with your sherman.
p4 can't fully pen jackson, has worse accuracy and 20 less range, the reload is just less than a second faster

and if they are on the move there is not even a contest
2 Aug 2019, 19:31 PM

Seems like just nerfing the M36's armor a bit would work for balancing it versus mediums. Not like these things were heavily armored in real life.
2 Aug 2019, 19:34 PM

Seems like just nerfing the M36's armor a bit would work for balancing it versus mediums. Not like these things were heavily armored in real life.
that does not change that it can still easily out run them
2 Aug 2019, 19:35 PM

It's already balanced vs mediums. You can already kill it with schreks and AT guns why the hell do you feel entitled to be able to kill it with tanks too? It is a tank destroyer but you people are mad that it can destroy tanks lol!
2 Aug 2019, 19:38 PM

that does not change that it can still easily out run them

I mean, the M36 was quite a bit faster in real life, the speed being mostly equivalent here, and you've always got blitz.
The muni expenditure to hunt down a M36 seems perfectly valid considering it takes muni to defeat heavy tanks anyway.
2 Aug 2019, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 19:35 PMCODGUY

It's already balanced vs mediums. You can already kill it with schreks and AT guns why the hell do you feel entitled to be able to kill it with tanks too? It is a tank destroyer but you people are mad that it can destroy tanks lol!
then why did u want to nerf ostwind AI capabilities ? i mean it's a anti infantry tank why the hell do you feel entitled to be able to kill it with infantry too ?
2 Aug 2019, 19:42 PM

I mean, the M36 was quite a bit faster in real life, the speed being mostly equivalent here, and you've always got blitz.
The muni expenditure to hunt down a M36 seems perfectly valid considering it takes muni to defeat heavy tanks anyway.
and then again u have the moving accuracy
2 Aug 2019, 19:55 PM

Easiest fixes are either bringing its moving acc down to match every other TD in the game, or reducing its speed to match similar TDs (panther?), so it can't speed around/past everything in the game.

I mean, the M36 was quite a bit faster in real life

In real life no WW2-era tank could hit anything when firing on the move. It's also a game, so gameplay > realism.

2 Aug 2019, 20:01 PM

then why did u want to nerf ostwind AI capabilities ? i mean it's a anti infantry tank why the hell do you feel entitled to be able to kill it with infantry too ?

LOL what is this even supposed to mean?

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 19:35 PMCODGUY

*Ahem*
Su85, su76, jp4, elefant, Jagdtiger, furefly, stug, maybe even the m10 because of health (although it is quite mobile) all can be chased down and ended if unsupported by a single medium by exploitable weakeness. Should they be able to fend off tanks that get the drop on them as well? I'd love to see the whine thread from you if any axis tdhad a fighting chance of not only surviving but coming out ontop of a flank. They all also can be killed by infantry of course. The Jackson has the tools it needed to survive while actually being squishy-it can out run and out gun. It's better on the move than it's adversary as well.

Easiest fixes are either bringing its moving acc down to match every other TD in the game, or reducing its speed to match similar TDs (panther?), so it can't speed around/past everything in the game.

In real life no WW2-era tank could hit anything when firing on the move. It's also a game, so gameplay > realism.

Gyrostabilized tank guns were a thing for the US, and the reason why the Shermans have better move accuracy here. It's worth noting I don't think the M36 actually received such equipment, but that's beside the point there.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving the normal 0.5 move accuracy. I think the speed is a bit more important to the unit and USF in general. Especially once panthers roll out.
2 Aug 2019, 20:04 PM

*Ahem*
Su85, su76, jp4, elefant, Jagdtiger, furefly, stug, maybe even the m10 because of health (although it is quite mobile) all can be chased down and ended if unsupported by a single medium by exploitable weakeness. Should they be able to fend off tanks that get the drop on them as well? I'd love to see the whine thread from you if any axis tdhad a fighting chance of not only surviving but coming out ontop of a flank. They all also can be killed by infantry of course. The Jackson has the tools it needed to survive while actually being squishy-it can out run and out gun. It's better on the move than it's adversary as well.

Agreed on all this until the the point about all other TDs not surviving MT flanks.

Good luck flanking a Panther with a Sherman and winning.
2 Aug 2019, 20:05 PM

Agreed on all this until the the point about all other TDs not surviving MT flanks.

Good luck flanking a Panther with a Sherman and winning.

Panther wasn't on the list because the panther isn't REALLY a TD. It's a premium medium with an AT focus, kinda like the comet but the comet trades some raw power for utility (smoke shells and Grenada and what not) it's a bit squiffy, but them mgs really set the panther apart from a proper TD.
2 Aug 2019, 20:14 PM

*Ahem*

Have you ever heard of a Panther? Especially one with that borderline cheat doctrine that gives it smoke?
2 Aug 2019, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 20:14 PMCODGUY

Have you ever heard of a Panther?

Look literally right above your post. This one that a quoted. Riiiiiiight above it....

Panzer tac is a problem, won't get an argument from me. Now go make your omw thread about that. Using something that is OP to defend something you are claiming isn't doesn't quite line up by the way...
2 Aug 2019, 20:21 PM

panzer tac is doc tho
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment