Login

russian armor

Walking stuka needs some adjustments

30 Jul 2019, 20:53 PM

The walking stuka is too good at one specific thing, that is what im saying

Obers in battlegroup? Lol that weapon upgrade better be much later. If 7man conscripts have to wait for t4, lmg obers in med truck is not okay

That is the whole OKW faction design... "too good at one specific thing" but badly complemented or expensive.

And please elaborate what is exatly Wstukas "too good at", since you dont agree that such expressions leave room for misinterpretation, exaggeration and subjective opinions of the balance situation?

Obers topic is already off, wanna bring Conscript to the table now? Are you trolling?
30 Jul 2019, 20:56 PM

The walking stuka is too good at one specific thing, that is what im saying

The only think that it is good at is hitting units that dont move. And despite what you would believe, the rockets doesnt actually 1hko everything it its line and apart from the 1st rocket (which lands on the 1st chevron) the others cant be as easily predicted.

Plus does it not have a higher CD?
30 Jul 2019, 21:14 PM

And despite what you would believe, the rockets doesnt actually 1hko everything it its line and apart from the 1st rocket (which lands on the 1st chevron) the others cant be as easily predicted

I never said it ohk everything in it's line, and don't make this personal. It's much better at wiping single support weapons than other rocket arty that's all I've said

You guys need to stop being so upset when someone says they want to change things. I'm not saying OP please nerf, I'm saying buff and nerf simultaneously. If you disagree, fine, but leave it at that and walk away. Not my problem if you don't like my ideas

And i'm not the one who brought up obers...

That said, I think hit and wipe or miss and do nothing is awful design and am in favor of Widening the far aoe and tightening the close aoe to the point that more or less the entire area within the target strip takes damage, but only at 6 precision points is it likley to wipe

This works for me too. This is the way so many explosives have gone i think it's only reasonable
30 Jul 2019, 21:24 PM

You guys need to stop being so upset when someone says they want to change things... If you disagree, fine, but leave it at that and walk away. Not my problem if you don't like my ideas

unless you really want to censor other opinions disagreeing yours, you should let others say what is wrong with your ideas...
30 Jul 2019, 21:25 PM

I just said anyone is welcome to disagree with me? You've made your opinions clear, you don't need to repeat yourselves so you can feel like your winning something. It's just a discussion
30 Jul 2019, 21:55 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Honestly, if the command panther gets tied to tech, I don't think it will be an issue for anyone.

I think it's _fine_ as is, but my guess is that in many cases the ability to avoid teching the Schwer means extra fuel is spent on mechanized meaning luchs/puma/stuka.

Well, if you can't get a proper heavy for the late-game without Schwer, getting a stuka can really put you behind, so it's a legitimate trade-off IMO.

Pretty much my feelings about it too.
30 Jul 2019, 22:06 PM

It comes too early and it's badly designed. It has 100% accuracy in the fog of war basically and its extremely hard to dodge with support weapons (and sometimes impossible).

It is complete hit or miss vs mobile infantry squads, yes, but if my opponent reads my movement path correctly then I will lose the squad anyway. It's a complete gamble every time if the opponent presses retreat or tries to dodge it by moving elsewhere.

If the reads are correct, then the result is just too devastating.... basically a squad wipe every time then. CoH2 is a RNG game I heard? :snfPeter:

And what the fuk is the reason for this unit to arrive several minutes before any other rocket arty piece??
30 Jul 2019, 22:16 PM

The walking stuka is great against people who dont move their units when they hear the rocket launch.

The walking stuka is bad against people who do move their units when they hear the rocket launch.

Whenever a B4 howitzer wipes squads (on retreat), I will just say "Just dodge it you noob" from now on

:)
30 Jul 2019, 22:19 PM

Whenever a B4 howitzer wipes squads (on retreat), I will just say "Just dodge it you noob" from now on

I think that the B4 player wouldnt believe it landed an accurate shot in the first place, to let the other a chance to dodge.

in other words
You cant dodge a missed bullet, it cant miss more than once.
30 Jul 2019, 22:23 PM

I mean... To be fair if a B4 actually hits something it's complete RNG. the stuka hits within a line the b4 hits within a circle
Last game I played actually the b4 missed 8 times before one shot hit my P4 and it only did that because pathing said the only way straight back was to do an 11point turn halfway through first.
Luck=/=reliability

If anything changing the AOE makes it MORE reliable, which is better for both parties.
30 Jul 2019, 22:30 PM

You do you.
31 Jul 2019, 00:47 AM

It's a complete gamble every time if the opponent presses retreat or tries to dodge it by moving elsewhere.

Yeah i couldn't agree more with this. Sometimes i move my team weapons as fast as humanly possible and they still get wiped

The werfer and katy can be great at wipes too, at least you have to do the work of positioning them close/spotting

I think armadillos idea about AOE is the best, and it's consistent with what this game has done to explosive weapons
2 Aug 2019, 10:17 AM

I dislike the stuka design but hey it is what it is. I would just lower the range so it has to get closer to the action and thus be in a more risky situation.
Or make the travel time greater for the rockets so its harder to hit move / retreating units.
Or tie it to tech 3. Makes it so its not unlocked before you get Schwerer Panzer HQ down.
The problem right now with stuka:
- too easy to use
- ignores fog
- comes way way too early

I think someone suggested making the stuka shoot like irl so the rockets would only hit in a straight line the way the stuka is facing. That would make it more of a skillshot and make it easier to dodge.
2 Aug 2019, 18:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

My suggestion:

Lower the cost, disable HE barrage and make it work with flame barrage (free).
Once Flak HQ is down, you can upgrade it to current design.

Adjust both Flame and HE as needed.
2 Aug 2019, 18:26 PM

My suggestion:

just move it to tier 4
2 Aug 2019, 18:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I dislike the stuka design but hey it is what it is. I would just lower the range so it has to get closer to the action and thus be in a more risky situation.
Or make the travel time greater for the rockets so its harder to hit move / retreating units.
Or tie it to tech 3. Makes it so its not unlocked before you get Schwerer Panzer HQ down.
The problem right now with stuka:
- too easy to use
- ignores fog
- comes way way too early

I think someone suggested making the stuka shoot like irl so the rockets would only hit in a straight line the way the stuka is facing. That would make it more of a skillshot and make it easier to dodge.

I disagree with the last two points ('comes too early / area only in the direction of Stuka)
It comes earlier than other rocket arty, but you heavily delay your medium tank, which means that you must rely on Raketenwerfer for AT. The Walking StuKa comes at approx 10 minutes, which gives you 2-3 shots when perfectly microed until the enemy tank comes out and you have to defend the StuKa for more than five minutes. Also it's OKWs obly possibility apart from back teching to counter British emplacements, and you often find the emplacements only after you decided to tech up already, so OKW would have next to no answer to a ofors, since Raketens range is a bit short.
The unit timing is fine since OKW has a real drawback (only Raketenwerfer as AT) for it.
The forced directionality of the impact would als make it next to useless, since you can alsways dodge left or right an the StuKa will be a miss.
So finally lets compare it to Panzerwerfer and Katyusha:
Katy: 4 salvo firing, generally lower whipe potential unless really close to the target. Last salvos can be dodged. Good against static units. Area denial tool.
Panzerwerfer: 1 salvo firing, generally low whipe potential when far away and very high potential up close. The one salvo mode forces to attack only high value targets. Impact area is therefpre very predictable, but it's harder to dodge if you react a bit too late.
StuKa: 1 salvo line firing. Also only attacks high value targets, but due to the line firing nobody knows if you will hit or not and how multiplexed the mind games are. Neither attacker nor defender can really do much to influence the damage compared to other rocket arty. Generally high whipe potential at all ranges.

The problem is the StuKa is too much rng and poker playing even for CoH. Unless the StuKa fires at two team weapons at one, there's no way to guess how the shots will land and how they will be dodged. It's just frustrating and random, since the unit can be next zo useless for more then 5 minutes or whipe 3 squads and win you the game
2 Aug 2019, 19:00 PM

>be the soviets
>have precision shot removed because "it was too OP"
>be okw
>have rocket arty that does 6 precision shots without muni or veterancy costs
>this is balanced
2 Aug 2019, 19:30 PM

My suggestion:

That might actually be a buff, though. OKW is mainly stopped by static units (ATG, MG), and an earlier (since it's cheaper) "this needs to move" button might actually end up helping them. Especially since the fire lasts a while, forcing those displaced units out of the area for a while, whereas the HE barrage allows for the units to move back almost instantly. In addition, it would make OKW even stronger vs. brit emplacements, since Fire DOT is incredibly powerful against structures.

I would just change the barrage to be a circle like every other rocket arty, and possibly increase the fuel price OR pop count (if that's all we're changing) since getting two of them seems to be an issue. Even with an AoE circle, a single rocket hit is still going to do incredible damage; and there's not much we can do about that, since there's only 6 of them.

Alternatively, we could change the unit into an area denial one, as opposed to a squad-wiping machine: change the targeting to a circle, lower the damage significantly (maybe to 60-70dmg?), increase suppression area, add a vehicle stun, and lower the cooldown. That would fix the squad wiping issue, but still allow it to have a large impact.
2 Aug 2019, 19:42 PM

just move it to tier 4

And put what in its place?

Honestly, its place in tech is quite irrelevant. The only reason it can viably come early is because OKW currently has acces to a techless call-in tank followup. Once that is gone, going for an early Stuka will delay armor significantly enough to make it very dangerous to do so.
2 Aug 2019, 19:44 PM

And put what in its place?
a revoked (balanced) infrared half truck and move ober without lmg 34 in tier 1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 110
unknown 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias