Login

russian armor

British balance - Tommy too strong

PAGES (11)down
3 Aug 2019, 08:20 AM

Hahhahaha /cry 5 men IS with brens. Its never okay for allies to have an infantry unit that wins in late game. How dare a faction with no elite call in infantry win. So anytime axis uses call in elite infantry you should just lose. Dont even mention commandos diff pony altogether. I often wonder why is it that ost has un doubtely the best mg in the game? Idk i accept it, is it ok for allies to have the best of anything in the game or is that wrong? Cant brits have the best infantry wtf is wrong witth that ?
3 Aug 2019, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2019, 06:14 AMJilet

2. Actually i am pretty sure no early or line infantry can match the british. They are pretty much on par with Obers at Vet2-3ish. (Without LMG's on each side ofc)

Hints for early - mid game: Stum + volk combo,following mid game by LEIG support. Assgen, Pzgren, gren following mid game by Gwr 34 support.

And For n+1 times: late game tommy have to be "on par" with ober so that Brit can survive at that phase of the game, and the fact is they still lose to ober, which is fine as intended.

Early game power of tommy can be adjusted but Taking away tommy late game power is one more step closer to "if OKW survive to late game, they win", and The fact is we are already pretty close to that point by now.
3 Aug 2019, 10:10 AM

bolster upgrade should be put in company command post

platoon command post is too early
3 Aug 2019, 10:28 AM

Hints for early - mid game: Stum + volk combo,following mid game by LEIG support. Assgen, Pzgren, gren following mid game by Gwr 34 support.

And For n+1 times: late game tommy have to be "on par" with ober so that Brit can survive at that phase of the game, and the fact is they still lose to ober, which is fine as intended.

Early game power of tommy can be adjusted but Taking away tommy late game power is one more step closer to "if OKW survive to late game, they win", and The fact is we are already pretty close to that point by now.

1. Sturm + Volk combo will be "meh" since Brit MUST go vickers against OKW and a well positioned mg will make the life even harder for OKW. Also in green cover IS drops Sturmpio models like flies. (I am pretty sure about that cuz i am playing brits nowadays for brutal faceroll)

2. Late game tommy shouldn't be on par with obers. Since obers is a 10 pop cap squad with a ridicilous reinforce cost.And surviving as brits isn't that hard from my experience.

3.Well i am suggesting that giving Fireflies more power to counter that late game OKW and nerfing its early by nerfing the IS will eradicate both my early game british IS power problem and your okw late game problem.
3 Aug 2019, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2019, 08:20 AMRocket
Hahhahaha /cry 5 men IS with brens. Its never okay for allies to have an infantry unit that wins in late game. How dare a faction with no elite call in infantry win. So anytime axis uses call in elite infantry you should just lose. Dont even mention commandos diff pony altogether. I often wonder why is it that ost has un doubtely the best mg in the game? Idk i accept it, is it ok for allies to have the best of anything in the game or is that wrong? Cant brits have the best infantry wtf is wrong witth that ?
they can have the best infantry if it cost as the best infantry, they over perform for their cost now

btw people don't have problem with late IS, they are much deadlier earlier
3 Aug 2019, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2019, 08:20 AMRocket
Hahhahaha /cry 5 men IS with brens. Its never okay for allies to have an infantry unit that wins in late game.

That is a vast oversimplification of the game mechanics.

There is no 'infantry that wins': the performance of squads is dependent on range, movement and cover.

Even Shock Troops, which beat just about anything close up, are vulnerable if forced to fight at range.

Damage from 16 to 14 and compensating with higher accuracy is a slight adjustment, not a "nerfbat". Besides the fact that I think you are overreacting, we're already ahead of you and also plan to buff the sniper's aimtime and increase the suppression on the Vickers a tiny bit to compensate the slightly decreased IS performance. Amongst other things.

I get the logic (faction needs more anti-cover ability, buff the anti-cover unit), but please think very carefully before you buff the most widely reviled unit in the game.

If you create a sniper meta, it's not going to do nice things to the remaining player count.
3 Aug 2019, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2019, 19:21 PMKatitof

For the 1203014001 time, tommies DO NOT HAVE ANY COVER BONUS, they have OUT OF COVER PENALTY

It's not a penalty it's a buff because even without cover they still utterly rape grenadiers and other comparable infantry .
3 Aug 2019, 13:29 PM

It's not a penalty it's a buff because even without cover they still utterly rape grenadiers and other comparable infantry .

"Its not a car, its a plance if you squint your eyes really hard and open the doors and when you drive off a cliff you can hit a bird, birds fly therefore this car is a plane"

Flaweless logic there, bud.
3 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

"Its not a car, its a plance if you squint your eyes really hard and open the doors and when you drive off a cliff you can hit a bird, birds fly therefore this car is a plane"

Flaweless logic there, bud.

I mean... The game ui call it a cover buff. How exactly it's applied on a technical level doesn't really matter. They are more than usable outside of cover (unlike say ostroppen) and only better when in cover.
3 Aug 2019, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2019, 06:14 AMJilet

1. Panther is a tank destroyer indeed but not "Tank Destroyer" like Jackson or Su-85 etc.

I think he meant, that panthers are mediums with great armor and AT, but they are not TD because their AI is way higher than those so called TDs and panthers often do not trade efficiently but effectively...
3 Aug 2019, 18:49 PM

I mean... The game ui call it a cover buff. How exactly it's applied on a technical level doesn't really matter. They are more than usable outside of cover (unlike say ostroppen) and only better when in cover.

It does matter when you start considering slot weapons.

It's also relevant if you bring stats in, which a sensible balance discussion should.
3 Aug 2019, 20:45 PM

I think he meant, that panthers are mediums with great armor and AT, but they are not TD because their AI is way higher than those so called TDs and panthers often do not trade efficiently but effectively...

Well that was a real good reply i gotta say.
4 Aug 2019, 02:10 AM

they can have the best infantry if it cost as the best infantry, they over perform for their cost now

btw people don't have problem with late IS, they are much deadlier earlier

Ughh no. Not even close. The most overpreforming unit in this whole damn game are probably Volksgrenadiers and maybe now Panzerfuzilers. Before that it was Jager Light Infantry. Balance team loves giving OKW budget units that wipe the floor with more expensive or equally priced units.

And as far as Infantry Sections go 280 MP then 100 MP and 35 fuel plus another 28 MP isn't exactly cheap for an unupgraded 5 man Tommy sqaud.
4 Aug 2019, 05:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 02:10 AMCODGUY

And as far as Infantry Sections go 280 MP then 100 MP and 35 fuel plus another 28 MP isn't exactly cheap for an unupgraded 5 man Tommy sqaud.

"Isnt exactly cheap"

To you what would cost would be "cheap"? 1 MP and 0 fuel?
4 Aug 2019, 09:47 AM

my main gripe with tommies are:
1. when theyre in cover their long range DPS per model matches that of obersoldaten without the LMG

2. when they get to 5 man their DPS becomes insanely high... higher than even the obersoldaten for 280mp worth of infantry

3. attempting to counter with an mg42 results in a vickers raping your MG

4. attempting to flank with sturms results in them getting melting in seconds

5. attempting to use a mortar to counter the vickers either leads to a UC raping your mortar or infantry or IS simply swarming in and killing the mortar
4 Aug 2019, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 09:47 AMgbem
1. when theyre in cover their long range DPS per model matches that of obersoldaten without the LMG

Obers Kar 98K has over 30% more DPS than the Lee Enfield at long range.
4 Aug 2019, 10:42 AM

Obers Kar 98K has over 30% more DPS than the Lee Enfield at long range.

does that take into account the damage boost from cover?
4 Aug 2019, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 10:42 AMgbem
does that take into account the damage boost from cover?

There is no damage boost in cover. This is their regular DPS.
They get a 1.2 cooldown and a 1.6 reload modifier penalty when out of cover.
4 Aug 2019, 11:09 AM

There is no damage boost in cover. This is their regular DPS.
They get a 1.2 cooldown and a 1.6 reload modifier penalty when out of cover.

i forgot the exact numbers... but it seems those cooldown modifiers are lower than before... it was around 50% for both afaik.. i presume tommies were changed a few patches ago?
4 Aug 2019, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2019, 10:28 AMJilet

1. Sturm + Volk combo will be "meh" since Brit MUST go vickers against OKW and a well positioned mg will make the life even harder for OKW. Also in green cover IS drops Sturmpio models like flies. (I am pretty sure about that cuz i am playing brits nowadays for brutal faceroll)

2. Late game tommy shouldn't be on par with obers. Since obers is a 10 pop cap squad with a ridicilous reinforce cost.And surviving as brits isn't that hard from my experience.

3.Well i am suggesting that giving Fireflies more power to counter that late game OKW and nerfing its early by nerfing the IS will eradicate both my early game british IS power problem and your okw late game problem.

1,Volk + stum is way more than "med", especially when you already stat with a stum and Volks are dirt cheap for their utilities. You right about Uk have to go vicker again OKW and this further proved tommy cant stand themselves against Volk spam early game, at least until they receive their upgrades. A well positioned Mg early game will make life way harder for UKF than for Okw because UKF dont have tools like flame nade. Dont point at UC flame because it is difficult to micro, recently got serious neft and both axis faction have snare on their mainline.

2, I never said they should, i put the word on par in ".". And the fact is Tommy still lose to Ober, at best tommy can hold positions for a while without being shredded in 2 seconds.

3. If you neft Tommy's late game performance, you have to give UKF more late game anti infantry capable, not anti tank, mean buff for centau, Cromwell or comet.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 71
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak