Login

russian armor

British balance - Tommy too strong

PAGES (11)down
31 Jul 2019, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 18:02 PMNoinga

Fine, the infantry section is super OP i will admit it. You see, im UKF player and have been desperately trying to cover the power of the infantry section. But to my disdain the high intelligence individuals in this thread absolutely destroyed my argument with "what if X has blank when Y happens?" So i will reluctantly supply a balance solution. The infantry section should be given no rifles at the start of the game and pay 200 munitions to upgrade to lee enfields. This will allow better counters to be made against the section. However if this is not enough I highly recommend lowering squad size to 3 models. I believe this is the only way to truly balance the disgustingly OP infantry section.

Do you exist in a binary world where units are super OP or balanced? Because only in such a world does the above make sense.
31 Jul 2019, 18:15 PM

Erm, IS would usualy win such an engagement. And requires what 300 MP and 40 fuel to do so? SMH

3 STG volk shred 3 unupgrade tommy. 5 man tommy required 35 fuel, bren required 15 fuel, meaning total of 50 fuel. I strongly believe that 50 is more than 40, and Volk upgrade follows OKW main tech, not side tech.
31 Jul 2019, 18:19 PM

Do you exist in a binary world where units are super OP or balanced? Because only in such a world does the above make sense.

My god your right! This makes no sense at all! It is not a big enough nerf! All axis infantry need buffs as well. I highly recommend being able to upgrade all Axis infantry with 4X LMG 34 to counter the infantry sections long range potency. This is the only way balance can be achieved. There is no other solution. Getting good countering it is not an option.
31 Jul 2019, 18:35 PM

I love how there are dozens of posts arguing about unit A vs unit B with replies all over the place, yet when I make a viable suggestion that could actually solve the underlying issue of Infantry Sections the only reply I get “is make them all tankhunters lololol”.

So let’s hear some solutions and talk about problem solving instead of just complaining about unit A is op while unit B is up and it’s not FAIR!

There isn't really a problem that's why you get stupid responses to your "solution".
31 Jul 2019, 18:37 PM

3 STG volk shred 3 unupgrade tommy. 5 man tommy required 35 fuel, bren required 15 fuel, meaning total of 50 fuel. I strongly believe that 50 is more than 40, and Volk upgrade follows OKW main tech, not side tech.

How much Fuel does OKW start with?

How much Fuel does UKF start with?
31 Jul 2019, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 18:19 PMNoinga
Jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded.

You know you can always go to the steamforums if you want to shitpost.
31 Jul 2019, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 15:53 PMNaOCl

I think you're forgetting that tommies get a cover bonus.

Well that doesn't suit his agenda, so no, he is just selective with his memory.

We have removed the cover bonus from British infantry. Previously British infantry would be harder to kill, even if flanked due to the nature of the bonus.

Removed the -10% received accuracy for All British infantry when in cover
31 Jul 2019, 18:55 PM

I swear this community has the biggest hardon for nerfing Brits. I'm convinced they won't be happy until the faction is removed from the game.
31 Jul 2019, 18:55 PM

You know you can always go to the steamforums if you want to shitpost.

Your entire argument is a shitpost. Instead actually accepting their strengths and weaknesses you just put out some retarded scenario so I make a retarded solution to your retarded scenario. Then you make an entire new retarded scenario to counter. You waste my time I waste yours
31 Jul 2019, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 18:55 PMNoinga

Your entire argument is a shitpost. Instead actually accepting their strengths and weaknesses you just put out some retarded scenario so I make a retarded solution to your retarded scenario. Then you make an entire new retarded scenario to counter. You waste my time I waste yours

Erm I made no scenario, that was you. I encourage you to read the previous posts.
31 Jul 2019, 19:10 PM

Erm I made no scenario, that was you. I encourage you to read the previous posts

No you idiot, this whole thread revolves around the scenario of infantry section behind cover. So I offered a solution. Which was countered by a scenario by YOU. Stop being such a dense retard
31 Jul 2019, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 19:10 PMNoinga
So I offered a solution.

A solution is

• A Scenario
  • Not a Scenario

Please pick one.
31 Jul 2019, 19:29 PM

A solution is

• A Scenario
  • Not a Scenario

Please pick one.

Of course its a scenario you idiot this entire game is based off of scenarios. My scenario is a solution to the scenario previously stated. You gotta work on your shitposting skills my friend
31 Jul 2019, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 15:53 PMNaOCl

I think you're forgetting that tommies get a cover bonus.

You've spelled vet1 royal engineers wrong, other then that, you're right.
31 Jul 2019, 19:41 PM

Let's see if we can get this discussion back on track a bit. Here's what we currently have in mind for the next patch:

We acknowledge that Infantry Sections are overperforming, but that they are also the cornerstone of the UKF, so we'd like more to alter them rather than straight up nerf them. Still, some other units will probably get a minor buff to compensate for this.

Preliminary changes:
- Lee Enfield damage from 16 to 14 to reduce burst potential (5x16=80 damage = one model's health) and to slightly reduce their DPS versus heavy cover;
- Lee Enfield accuracy increased to have the same total DPS as before;

- Target size from 0.8 to 0.9 to reduce their durability in the open;
- Instead, they now get a Received Accuracy bonus when in cover. This gives them back their 0.8 TA but only when in cover;

- Healing disabled in neutral or enemy territory to keep their momentum more in check.

Additionally, we might look into fixing the reduced range for their grenade when suppressed (which currently doesn't work) and reduce the sight bonus that the pyrotechnics upgrade gives to make blobs less powerful.

From the few tests I did, Tommies still felt strong in cover but more vulnerable when caught in the open by OKW infantry. They also felt less powerful against LMG Grenadiers in the open and when in cover. With these changes I felt like needing to get weapon racks and double Brens to keep the edge over upgraded Axis infantry, which is currently not the case in live. Bolstered and upgraded IS still dominated infantry engagements.
31 Jul 2019, 20:21 PM

Snip

Do you know their out of cover penalties off the top of your head?
31 Jul 2019, 21:01 PM

Let's see if we can get this discussion back on track a bit. Here's what we currently have in mind for the next patch:

We acknowledge that Infantry Sections are overperforming, but that they are also the cornerstone of the UKF, so we'd like more to alter them rather than straight up nerf them. Still, some other units will probably get a minor buff to compensate for this.

Preliminary changes:

Additionally, we might look into fixing the reduced range for their grenade when suppressed (which currently doesn't work) and reduce the sight bonus that the pyrotechnics upgrade gives to make blobs less powerful.

From the few tests I did, Tommies still felt strong in cover but more vulnerable when caught in the open by OKW infantry. They also felt less powerful against LMG Grenadiers in the open and when in cover. With these changes I felt like needing to get weapon racks and double Brens to keep the edge over upgraded Axis infantry, which is currently not the case in live. Bolstered and upgraded IS still dominated infantry engagements.

Wasn't these changes attempted and reverted in the testmod before Brits got a snare? I seem to remember OKW walking all over them with luch and volk spam and Brits were dead in tourney play. The only thing that has changed since then is the RE snare.

You have to be extremely careful going with the "force Brits to sink MP and fuel into Bren and five man tech" approach if you ask me, especially after a patch where pgrens and T2 skip into ostwind is now a thing.

Also there's things that hamper Brits that still haven't been fixed for years like the lack of units to push vs sandbags/buildings with no flamer or mortar. Comet vet that sucks and sniper aim time that needs being put on par with Ost or sov one for countersnipes.

I would like to see an entire rework to adjust OP and UP UKF units if IS get nerfed not piecemeal changes. Change the upgrade structure and look at fuel timings, give Brits a flame weapon that's not sucky like the wasp or god forbid an actual mortar team nondoc.
31 Jul 2019, 21:07 PM

Preliminary changes:

Makes sense :) And little tweaks like that give significant results, often more significant than many people expect. So fingers crossed for motivation to continue polishing up the game.
31 Jul 2019, 21:08 PM

Do you know their out of cover penalties off the top of your head?

I believe it's +40% reload and +20% cooldown when out of cover, so that doesn't affect Lee Enfield DPS all that much. It mostly affects Piats and Brens.
31 Jul 2019, 21:09 PM

Wasn't these changes attempted and reverted in the testmod before Brits got a snare? I seem to remember OKW walking all over them with luch and volk spam and Brits were dead in tourney play. The only thing that has changed since then is the RE snare.

You have to be extremely careful going with the "force Brits to sink MP and fuel into Bren and five man tech" approach if you ask me, especially after a patch where pgrens and T2 skip into ostwind is now a thing.

Also there's things that hamper Brits that still haven't been fixed for years like the lack of units to push vs sandbags/buildings with no flamer or mortar. Comet vet that sucks and sniper aim time that needs being put on par with Ost or sov one for countersnipes.

I would like to see an entire rework to adjust OP and UP UKF units if IS get nerfed not piecemeal changes. Change the upgrade structure and look at fuel timings, give Brits a flame weapon that's not sucky like the wasp or god forbid an actual mortar team nondoc.

If UKF had this available as a mortar instead of depending on the emplacement, it'd fix a lot of things. This whole faction design of 'leave out core units' really hasn't worked out for anyone. The mortar could have shorter range like the USF one, given that this was apparently true to history, and Im sure some other gimmick could be found or given to make it unique from the USF one.

In return the USF mortar given in the lend-lease regiment could be replaced with the M2-2 flamethrower or something else American.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS