Login

russian armor

British balance - Tommy too strong

PAGES (11)down
31 Jul 2019, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 11:59 AMKatitof

They wouldn't have to tho due to cover ignoring of StGs and their potent long range DPS compared to other assault rifles.

IR STG's also have excellent moving dps.
31 Jul 2019, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 11:59 AMKatitof
They wouldn't have to tho due to cover ignoring of StGs and their potent long range DPS compared to other assault rifles.

Just for the record they only (mostly) ignore light cover (0.9 accuracy instead of 0.5). Against heavy cover they still have a 0.5 damage reduction like all other weapons. But the 0.9 accuracy still gives them a big advantage ofcourse.
31 Jul 2019, 14:50 PM

I love how there are dozens of posts arguing about unit A vs unit B with replies all over the place, yet when I make a viable suggestion that could actually solve the underlying issue of Infantry Sections the only reply I get “is make them all tankhunters lololol”.

So let’s hear some solutions and talk about problem solving instead of just complaining about unit A is op while unit B is up and it’s not FAIR!
31 Jul 2019, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2019, 19:21 PMKatitof

For the 1203014001 time, tommies DO NOT HAVE ANY COVER BONUS, they have OUT OF COVER PENALTY

I think you're forgetting that tommies get a cover bonus.
31 Jul 2019, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 04:30 AMNoinga

This is all I need from that essay you posted. You see, unlike the UKF the OKW and Wher have more base units available to them. If you use these units tommies will still be a threat but not a horrendous one. Smoke is the brits greatest fear. All of the british main units require the enemy to be far away with the vickers and the tommies so smoke renders that playstlye irrelevant. Then you can push out the mg with grenades and crack open their line. It all comes down to who plays better. If you ram your head into UKF while they are sitting back behind sandbags of course you lose. All you need to do is close the distance, that being with smoke cover or just a flank. This is just another case of players not adjusting tactics and getting their asses handed to them as a result. yet in this case this player felt the need to make another one of the infamous "It beat me its op" posts.

You do know that most players who see smoke will not say: "I think ill just sit still and let them use the smoke as cover."

And of course this ignores that
  • The brits have an MG which is unnecessary with boister
  • The brits dont have a Engie/Commando which can force off close range assaults.
  • The Brits dont have a Bren Carrier
  • A mortar/LEIG gives UKF the opportunity to have another Tommie
  • A LEIG locks OKW into non-Light Vehicle play which is kinda the counter to tommies.
31 Jul 2019, 16:33 PM

You do know that most players who see smoke will not say: "I think ill just sit still and let them use the smoke as cover."

And of course this ignores that
  • The brits have an MG which is unnecessary with boister
  • The brits dont have a Engie/Commando which can force off close range assaults.
  • The Brits dont have a Bren Carrier
  • A mortar/LEIG gives UKF the opportunity to have another Tommie
  • A LEIG locks OKW into non-Light Vehicle play which is kinda the counter to tommies.

Are you trying to be an idiot? You attack the second the smoke lands. This allows you to displace their lines in the middle of your attack. Engies are weak and can be focused easily. The bren carrier is good but can be forced away easily. You dont need lights to counter tommies. Every time I give a counter to the infantry section, All the people in this thread do is point to the Vickers or the Bren carrier. So it seems to me at this point the problem is not the tommies but their supporting weapons.
31 Jul 2019, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 16:33 PMNoinga

Are you trying to be an idiot? You attack the second the smoke lands. This allows you to displace their lines in the middle of your attack. Engies are weak and can be focused easily. The bren carrier is good but can be forced away easily. You dont need lights to counter tommies. Every time I give a counter to the infantry section, All the people in this thread do is point to the Vickers or the Bren carrier. So it seems to me at this point the problem is not the tommies but their supporting weapons.

It also lets them move back the second the smoke lands. If there is no sprint active a unit can advance as fast as the tommies can pull back.

Like have you actually used this versus good players or are you just theory crafting or does this happen to you and you dont know how to pull back?
31 Jul 2019, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 15:53 PMNaOCl

I think you're forgetting that tommies get a cover bonus.

Well that doesn't suit his agenda, so no, he is just selective with his memory.
31 Jul 2019, 17:33 PM

It also lets them move back the second the smoke lands. If there is no sprint active a unit can advance as fast as the tommies can pull back.

Like have you actually used this versus good players or are you just theory crafting or does this happen to you and you dont know how to pull back?

The smoke allows you to push up their lines and if they move back you take up the cover they left behind. This puts you in the advantageous situation now. Because now YOU have the heavy cover and if you can set your own HMG up you can now defend the point. But whatever because you are probably going to say "what if the UKF player has 28 crocodiles or some BS. As soon as you see an infantry section thats beating you just sit in your base and cry. Dont even try to fight it Thats all I get from this thread. Just people Ignoring all their weaknesses to make excuses on why they lose to them.
31 Jul 2019, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 17:33 PMNoinga

The smoke allows you to push up their lines and if they move back you take up the cover they left behind.

Cool, you then sit in their cover while Tommies superior long range gets to do work.

Again have you actually used this versus good players or are you just theory crafting or does this happen to you and you dont know how to pull back?
31 Jul 2019, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 17:33 PMNoinga

The smoke allows you to push up their lines and if they move back you take up the cover they left behind. This puts you in the advantageous situation now. Because now YOU have the heavy cover and if you can set your own HMG up you can now defend the point. But whatever because you are probably going to say "what if the UKF player has 28 crocodiles or some BS. As soon as you see an infantry section thats beating you just sit in your base and cry. Dont even try to fight it Thats all I get from this thread. Just people Ignoring all their weaknesses to make excuses on why they lose to them.

Ssshhhh.

Don't confuse them with concepts as complex as 'you can use tactics to turn combats to your advantage'

There are forum warriors. They only understand 'Place X nect to Y in an empty field and the Axis letter should always win'
31 Jul 2019, 17:46 PM

Some OKW players 's logic: if an unit can beat Volk 1v1, that unit is OP :v
31 Jul 2019, 17:48 PM

Ssshhhh.

Don't confuse them with concepts as complex as 'you can use tactics to turn combats to your advantage'

There are forum warriors. They only understand 'Place X nect to Y in an empty field and the Axis letter should always win'

Except that A) if a unit requires more complex tactics to beat, then it is to use, then that is sorta the definition of overpowered, B) Both players are free to use tactics.

On the other hand we got people who just say "Just use smoke and the Tommies will just fall apart!"
31 Jul 2019, 17:55 PM

Except that A) if a unit requires more complex tactics to beat, then it is to use, then that is sorta the definition of overpowered, B) Both players are free to use tactics.

If 1 click upgrade stg44 on the field, select 3 volk, attack move, flush tommy out of their cover by flame nade theb mold them down while they running out of the flame is "Complex tactics". Yes.
31 Jul 2019, 17:59 PM

With wher, moving pio in front of Mg42 to gain sight and spam 2 motars is a very complex tactic, indeed.
31 Jul 2019, 18:00 PM

If 1 click upgrade stg44 on the field, select 3 volk, attack move, flush tommy out of their cover by flame nade theb mold them down while they running out of the flame is "Complex tactics". Yes.

Erm, IS would usualy win such an engagement. And requires what 300 MP and 40 fuel to do so? SMH
31 Jul 2019, 18:02 PM

Unlike building Four Tommies and getting Boister that is.

Fine, the infantry section is super OP i will admit it. You see, im UKF player and have been desperately trying to cover the power of the infantry section. But to my disdain the high intelligence individuals in this thread absolutely destroyed my argument with "what if X has blank when Y happens?" So i will reluctantly supply a balance solution. The infantry section should be given no rifles at the start of the game and pay 200 munitions to upgrade to lee enfields. This will allow better counters to be made against the section. However if this is not enough I highly recommend lowering squad size to 3 models. I believe this is the only way to truly balance the disgustingly OP infantry section.
31 Jul 2019, 18:05 PM

prepare sandbags and position properly are "tactics", too, right ?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS