Login

russian armor

Feedback on UI changes of the game

Overall, do you like UI changes from the last patch?
Option Distribution Votes
82%
9%
6%
3%
Total votes: 68
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Jul 2019, 13:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello, everybody!

This thread was created for your feedback about UI part of the game. I just want to get some new information from the community and new direction to go. List of changes attached below.

Winter 2020 patch

Septembers patch

Commanders patch

Knowing issues

If you would like to suggest something not connected with listed above sections, feel free to do it there: https://www.coh2.org/topic/57860/some-qol-suggestions

Thank you so much in advance!
26 Jul 2019, 15:14 PM

My feedback: I love you (and all the others who worked on these changes/additions) :wub:

Only icon I don't really like is the Urban Assault Kit from the new USF commander. It has a lot of empty space and doesn't give much of an indication that it gives WP rounds. Not sure what would be a good approach.
26 Jul 2019, 16:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

My feedback: I love you (and all the others who worked on these changes/additions) :wub:

Thank you! We worked together with Kasarov and SneakEye. ^_^
Only icon I don't really like is the Urban Assault Kit from the new USF commander. It has a lot of empty space and doesn't give much of an indication that it gives WP rounds. Not sure what would be a good approach.

Actually, this "thing" on top left corner supposed to be WP shells. It was taken from unused icon from gamefiles. We have an issue with this icon, because it was difficult to find a good example how to combine dozer and shells together.

I will try to find better solution with more recognisable WP shells. Thank you for your feedback! :thumb:
26 Jul 2019, 16:29 PM

Actually, this "thing" on top left corner supposed to be WP shells. It was taken from unused icon from gamefiles. We have an issue with this icon, because it was difficult to find a good example how to combine dozer and shells together.

I will try to find better solution with more recognisable WP shells. Thank you for your feedback! :thumb:

It's just that I associate that symbol as the munitions symbol, not as an offensive symbol. Maybe it's better to use that symbol from Breakthrough Equipment of the new Ostheer commander. Here's an idea of what I mean:

Very low quality paint edit of Reserve Armor icon with the symbol from Breakthrough Equipment.
26 Jul 2019, 16:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's just that I associate that icon as the munitions icon, not as an offensive icon.

Exactly, the logic was, that M4A3 got new munitions.

Maybe it's better to use that symbol from Breakthrough Equipment of the new Ostheer commander. Here's an idea of what I mean:

Very low quality paint edit of Reserve Armor icon with the symbol from Breakthrough Equipment.

This symbol was used for explosions and demolish stuff, i don't think it fits well here, because demolish part represented by dozer. Also, in that variant, it looks like M4A3(105) "Sherman". Can be confusing.

I have some ideas, will try out them and publish here, if result will be good.
26 Jul 2019, 17:43 PM

I have some ideas, will try out them and publish here, if result will be good.

I'm eager to see your designs, they will be far better than mine I'm sure. :clap:

One more thing: I think the Demolition Package for Pioneers should have a similar design to the Heavy Engineer upgrade for UKF. It would make the upgrade icon a bit more clear and the updated Pioneer icon would let the enemy know those Pioneers can throw satchels, so he can prepare for it.

Rough example:

Could perhaps also rename them to something like 'Pioneer Demolition Team' once upgraded, just throwing out some ideas. :)
26 Jul 2019, 18:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm eager to see your designs, they will be far better than mine I'm sure. :clap:

One more thing: I think the Demolition Package for Pioneers should have a similar design to the Heavy Engineer upgrade for UKF. It would make the upgrade icon a bit more clear and the updated Pioneer icon would let the enemy know those Pioneers can throw satchels, so he can prepare for it.

Rough example:

Could perhaps also rename them to something like 'Pioneer Demolition Team' once upgraded, just throwing out some ideas. :)

Icon for upgrade was inspired by OKW upgrade icon.

But idea with new shieldsymbol seems great! I was proposing some indicator for upgrade during public itterations, like this weaponsymbol (attached below), but it didn't make it to the game. I think because it already used for recovery sappers and associating with recovery operations (iow squad can get resources from wrecks).
26 Jul 2019, 19:04 PM

The game consists of various small things, but since the Soviet Airborne Forces cannot get visual / gameplay changes that this commander should really make the Airborne. I cannot enjoy these commanders. But I still want a little improvement, at least in the form of icons: weapons and heavy weapons: mortars, machine guns, AT rifles were dropped in a soft parachute container, so you can at least replace the SVT-40 icon drop.
27 Jul 2019, 16:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The game consists of various small things, but since the Soviet Airborne Forces cannot get visual / gameplay changes that this commander should really make the Airborne. I cannot enjoy these commanders. But I still want a little improvement, at least in the form of icons: weapons and heavy weapons: mortars, machine guns, AT rifles were dropped in a soft parachute container, so you can at least replace the SVT-40 icon drop.

I can't agree, because ingame version using model like on current icon. I would vote for this, if there will be an option to add new models.

Some possible ideas about highlited issues:
Urban kit for M4A3

Demolish pioneers
First variant based on DerbyHat idea, second one is from Kasarov collection, which match with OKW design.

OKW Tiger
Most obvious idea, since it is command tank, give faction symbol on shieldsymbol, like it was done with command panther
27 Jul 2019, 18:06 PM

Urban kit for M4A3

This one is great! It immediately communicates to the player what it does.

Demolish pioneers

First one fits best imo because it shares the same 'demolition' symbol as the Breakthrough Equipment in the commander slot. Second one would be great if we ever get something like "Festungspioniere".

OKW Tiger
Most obvious idea, since it is command tank, give faction symbol on shieldsymbol, like it was done with command panther

Looks nice. Ostheer TA and CP4 would have the 'open cross', while the OKW CT and CP would have the 'closed cross'.
27 Jul 2019, 22:21 PM

Just wanted to say that you've done a brilliant job with the UI additions.

I'll give you any feedback I think needs reporting or ideas need suggesting but so far I've seen none.

If not the balance and design choices this patch has certainly been on another level of polish, in terms of UI at least.
28 Jul 2019, 09:41 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

First one fits best imo because it shares the same 'demolition' symbol as the Breakthrough Equipment in the commander slot. Second one would be great if we ever get something like "Festungspioniere".

Second one, originally, was suggested as general shieldsymbol for Ostheer pioneers, since WFA and UKF engineers all have unique shieldsymbol for them.

Just wanted to say that you've done a brilliant job with the UI additions.

I'll give you any feedback I think needs reporting or ideas need suggesting but so far I've seen none.

If not the balance and design choices this patch has certainly been on another level of polish, in terms of UI at least.

Thank you! ^_^
28 Jul 2019, 18:45 PM

Absolutely love the UI improvements from last patch, amazing work!

The only "bigger" UI issue that I remember in CoH2 right now is the USF weapon racks unlock upgrade showing an M1919 instead of a B.A.R.
28 Jul 2019, 18:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Absolutely love the UI improvements from last patch, amazing work!

The only "bigger" UI issue that I remember in CoH2 right now is the USF weapon racks unlock upgrade showing an M1919 instead of a B.A.R.

This one already mentioned (with fix of course) in general QoL thread.

Thank you very much for feedback!
30 Jul 2019, 05:36 AM

Thank you! We worked together with Kasarov and SneakEye. ^_^

I personally don’t like how much empty space there is in the dozer/WP shell icon. Mostly because the dozer blade without the Sherman is really ugly.

Maybe just superimpose the Mechanized company Dozer Sherman icon over the rifle company WP barrage icon?
30 Jul 2019, 07:31 AM

I personally don’t like how much empty space there is in the dozer/WP shell icon. Mostly because the dozer blade without the Sherman is really ugly.

What about this one?

Urban kit for M4A3
30 Jul 2019, 17:18 PM

What about this one?

While it’s a lot clearer what it does, I think it’d look a lot better with a picture of the Sherman with the dozer blade attatched, like in the Mechanized company armoured reserves doctrine.

Sorry. The icon is informative, but I don’t think it fits with other portraits, and like I said the dozer blade by itself is an ugly thing (to me)
31 Jul 2019, 09:18 AM

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think the HE/AP (/HVAP) shells for the Shermans could use an infantry and tank symbol to make it easier to distinguish the ammo type at a glance.

Or at least put a penetration symbol on the AP/HVAP shells like this (top one):

The patch UI changes were great.
31 Jul 2019, 12:46 PM

Icon for upgrade was inspired by OKW upgrade icon.

But idea with new shieldsymbol seems great! I was proposing some indicator for upgrade during public itterations, like this weaponsymbol (attached below), but it didn't make it to the game. I think because it already used for recovery sappers and associating with recovery operations (iow squad can get resources from wrecks).

you can't use the weapon icon bellow the shield symbol becouse the breakthrough symbol doesn't lock sweepers or flamer. So best idea would be changing the shieldsymbol and leave the weaponsymbol to other upgrades.
31 Jul 2019, 13:07 PM

put a penetration symbol on the AP/HVAP shells

I double this! Every time I think "is that AI or AT shell and if it's AI then AT is default or vice versa?"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★