Login

russian armor

Are bushes directional or omnidirectional cover?

25 Jul 2019, 14:19 PM

Question in title
25 Jul 2019, 14:38 PM

I did a few tests some time ago, which lead me to believe bushes and some wooden fences are omnidirectional while things like boxes and crates are directional. What is and what isn't seems to be a bit inconsistent though.
25 Jul 2019, 20:19 PM

Permanently Banned
I did a few tests some time ago, which lead me to believe bushes and some wooden fences are omnidirectional while things like boxes and crates are directional. What is and what isn't seems to be a bit inconsistent though.

I had a sneaking suspicion not all yellow cover was created equal. I'm gonna guess craters are non-directional and dragons teeth are directional?
26 Jul 2019, 03:34 AM

It has always been my understanding that only terrain cover is omnidirectional. Object based cover is directional because entities and projectiles are interacting with the object. However I believe bushes to be effectively omnidirectional because infantry can walk inside of their hitboxes.

However, if infantry are standing up against a bushrow and not inside of it, I think they are vulnerable to a flank.
26 Jul 2019, 20:36 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

You can't always control where your squad stands on bushes which is the problem. If they are directional cover that makes fighting from bushes extremely frustrating.
26 Jul 2019, 20:42 PM

Can you elaborate on how you did these tests?

You can't always control where your squad stands on bushes which is the problem. If they are directional cover that makes fighting from bushes extremely frustrating.

That's one of the reasons why I asked, it would be a bit awkward if bushes are directional.
26 Jul 2019, 21:01 PM

Can you elaborate on how you did these tests?

Nothing comprehensive. I just put a squad of Cons in some places and had an Obers LMG firing at them to note (considerable) differences in TTK.

Below are the results if I remember correctly, with the yellow lines actually giving the RA bonus (so omnidirectional) while orange didn't give any RA bonus (so directional).
26 Jul 2019, 21:11 PM

Nothing comprehensive. I just put a squad of Cons in some places and had an Obers LMG firing at them to note (considerable) differences in TTK.

Below are the results if I remember correctly, with the yellow lines actually giving the RA bonus (so omnidirectional) while orange didn't give any RA bonus (so directional).

Thank you! I'll run a few tests myself to confirm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★