Login

russian armor

Can the rear of the USF aaa half track be made the front

25 Jul 2019, 09:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Honestly it just feels gimmicky, and it messes with already bad pathing when it’s attacking something. And you can’t use attack move. So this I think would be a good quality change
25 Jul 2019, 10:14 AM

Then it will be Elite OP
25 Jul 2019, 11:40 AM

It can auto attack on the move.
25 Jul 2019, 12:39 PM

Honestly it just feels gimmicky, and it messes with already bad pathing when it’s attacking something. And you can’t use attack move. So this I think would be a good quality change

On the bright side it is more easy to kite with it, because it drives forward doing so while shooting and supressing on the move ;-)
25 Jul 2019, 13:20 PM

On the bright side it is more easy to kite with it, because it drives forward doing so while shooting and supressing on the move ;-)

Other vehicles can do that just as easily with the reverse key.

All the backwards AAHT achieves is breaking Attack Move and making it have a seizure whenever the player forgets to micro it backwards.

There's literally zero mechanical benefit to the way the AAHT is implemented.
25 Jul 2019, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2019, 13:20 PMLago

All the backwards AAHT achieves is breaking Attack Move and making it have a seizure whenever the player forgets to micro it backwards.

There's literally zero mechanical benefit to the way the AAHT is implemented.

It's just flavor dude, a different way to micro a unit. Its actually quite a good unit and carries me through my midgame against OST. I think it's fine although it does feel a bit punishing to have to show your ass to shreks and MGs most of the time. Get used to babysitting it with handbrake and reverse; it will dumpster ost.
25 Jul 2019, 17:20 PM

It's just flavor dude, a different way to micro a unit. Its actually quite a good unit and carries me through my midgame against OST. I think it's fine although it does feel a bit punishing to have to show your ass to shreks and MGs most of the time. Get used to babysitting it with handbrake and reverse; it will dumpster ost.

I'm currently Rank 129 USF: I know how to micro an AAHT.

And yes, it's a very effective unit. That doesn't change the fact that the pathing engine simply isn't equipped to handle it.

The OP's suggestion is a sensible QoL change.
25 Jul 2019, 17:34 PM

+1 for a QoL change.

Should the AAHT have 360 degrees of rotation?
25 Jul 2019, 17:40 PM

Should the AAHT have 360 degrees of rotation?

It's backwards in the first place because that's not physically possible.
25 Jul 2019, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2019, 17:40 PMLago

It's backwards in the first place because that's not physically possible.

Im pretty sure I remember it having a 360 degree rotation for like a week or so bc of either a patch or bug a long time ago.

Shit was pretty damn op though and looked weird since the gun kinda phased through the vehicle when shooting from the front.

25 Jul 2019, 18:18 PM

It can be difficult to right click on units and change targets, if you don't have the handbrake on it may turn the entire vehicle and lose firepower even if the target is already within the autocannon arc.

The same patch where the handbrake was added and vehicle pathing was changed this unit became harder to micro and less responsive, Previously it would not turn if the designated target was within the autocannon arc, it would stand and shoot.

It totally needs to be improved especially considering it was significantly nerfed when then USF tiers were changed, It's not significantly stronger than a quad but it requires significantly more user input to perform.

The unit needs to know when it can turn it's turret and when it must turn it's wheels to target something considering it loses firepower when it drives to face an enemy.
25 Jul 2019, 20:10 PM

Permanently Banned
USF AAHT is an annoyance to use but it's also insanely good if u know how to handle it since it's the only vehicle in the game that supresses on the move. It's just kinda unfortunate u can't get decent mileage out of them vs OKW cuz the rak is just too fast with the follow up shot unlike paks. I have a feeling if the AAHT can just a-move and be effective, it'll make it OP probably is gonna need to lose the moving suppression.
25 Jul 2019, 22:36 PM

USF AAHT is an annoyance to use but it's also insanely good if u know how to handle it since it's the only vehicle in the game that supresses on the move. It's just kinda unfortunate u can't get decent mileage out of them vs OKW cuz the rak is just too fast with the follow up shot unlike paks. I have a feeling if the AAHT can just a-move and be effective, it'll make it OP probably is gonna need to lose the moving suppression.

Its effectiveness will be exactly the same. It'll just be easier to micro.

User unfriendilness is not a balancing tool.
25 Jul 2019, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2019, 22:36 PMLago
Its effectiveness will be exactly the same. It'll just be easier to micro.

User unfriendilness is not a balancing tool.

QOL/Usability can be used for balancing.

The brumbarr is balanced around hold fire + attack ground (or at least seems to be), rather than auto-fire. On auto-fire it's basically useless.

That said, how exactly would this work? If we reversed the direction the AAHT drove, we'd also need to flip the reverse/forward speeds as well. Is that possible?

Don't really see any reason not to make the change, though. It might look strange, but that's about it.
25 Jul 2019, 23:42 PM

Permanently Banned

The brumbarr is balanced around hold fire + attack ground (or at least seems to be), rather than auto-fire. On auto-fire it's basically useless.

That said, how exactly would this work? If we reversed the direction the AAHT drove, we'd also need to flip the reverse/forward speeds as well. Is that possible?

Foreward and reverse speeds are the same in this game silly
25 Jul 2019, 23:51 PM

Foreward and reverse speeds are the same in this game silly

...huh. Was pretty sure it was 75% or something, but it seems you're right. Noted in my first post.
25 Jul 2019, 23:52 PM

You can.

But you shouldn't.
25 Jul 2019, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2019, 23:52 PMLago

You can.

But you shouldn't.

I think it's entirely valid. You can have crazy powerful units, like the brummbar, that can insta-wipe squads, but that's only fair when the user input required to get that result is quite high. If we doubled or tripled the brummbar's projectile flight speed, making auto-fire actually useful, it would be incredibly overpowered; and then the subsequent damage nerfs would make it nearly useless.
26 Jul 2019, 00:02 AM

I think it's entirely valid. You can have crazy powerful units, like the brummbar, that can insta-wipe squads, but that's only fair when the user input required to get that result is quite high. If we doubled or tripled the brummbar's projectile flight speed, making auto-fire actually useful, it would be incredibly overpowered; and then the subsequent damage nerfs would make it nearly useless.

If you tripled the projectile flight speed you'd make it too accurate. That's not balancing by bad UI, that's directly buffing the unit's stats.

If you hypothetically made the Brummbar's targeting AI smart enough to automatically lead its shots, you haven't buffed the unit, you've just made its performance more consistent across skill levels.
26 Jul 2019, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2019, 13:20 PMLago

Oh wait, there is a reverse key? XD

To be serious. It is maybe my personal experience, but...

...vehicles tend to bump into small obstacles more often when I drive them backwards
...if you get hit by the first AT gun, it is one key less you have to hit to drive away. Maybe just half a second that can make a big difference.

So i do think kiting with it is just a little bit easier. But maybe its just my personal preference.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 14
United Kingdom 49
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W