Login

russian armor

The vCOH community grows back

21 Jul 2019, 07:51 AM

Hi, I introduce myself, I am JPeiper, I play vCOH since 2008, in the last years I played about 2 or 3 days per month in average, I'm a "mid level" player (about lvl 10/11 1v1 I think (I'm unranked right now)) and I saw the game (and community) progress and decline with the advance of time. I'm making this post to discuss a little the advance of the game's life and the near and far future of the vCOH community, to wich I want to make some contributions.

I played COH2 too, but I never felt the same feeling as with vCOH.. vCOH has somewhat that makes me like it me more than COH2. I know that I'm not the only one with the same feeling, indeed, the vCoh community still alive, and I felt that in the last 2 years it has grown somehow..

Simple timeline of vCOH life progress:
- 2007: Launch of vCoh
- 2008: Launch of vCoh-OF
- 2009: Launch of vCoh-TOV
- 2011: Release of the Last balance patch made till now (2.602)
<< To this point the community has only grown up and up and it was at its peak days >>
- 2012 THQ bankrupt, it was bought by SEGA , Relic servers went offline forever and migrated to Steam servers (those were really sad days).
<< The server migration introduced a bugs nightmare, it broke the stats and level systems (and they were never fixed). In few words, they destroyed the game. To "solve" these problems, Relic made some patches to "fix" the minimum stuff needed to make the game "playable", and then.. they sadly forgot the vCOH forever. >>
- 2013 COH2 was launched
<< As expected, occurred a massive migration of players to COH2, and since that, they barely played games in vCOH again. From this point the community of vCOH has been declining with time >>
- 2015 I think the community reached its lowest days with too few people online, but this people formed the hard core of vCOH loyal fans.
- [2017 - now]: Somehow the community started to slowly grow up again..

I think the Steam sales of vCOH during theese years have helped a lot to this regrow, with the help of streaming and Twitch boom too. In fact, I met a lot of new players, and the most of them after the last steam sale this year. This new incoming stream of players gives me hope about the future of the vCOH community, and I would like to contribute to this regrow, or at least, help somehow to extend the community's life for a "few" more years.

My first contributions:
  • I have made a rework of penetration tables shown in coh-stats.com for tank guns and AT weapons, always having in mind the distance to the objective, and every combination of veterancy, both for the unit that fire the weapon and for the targeted unit. The guide with these tables was posted in this other thread: Real penetration tables guide
  • I have made other guides oriented more to beginners, but they were originally made for some friends that are learning to play (really fast by the way)), so they are less formal and are in spanish only. But anyways, they might be useful to eventually make more formal guides in the future.
  • My friends and I are organizing a tiny 1v1 tournament (4 competitors) that will start today. Me and a few more are going to stream and cast this tournament. The idea behind this (besides the obvious fun) is just for testing the tournament model, the rules, the stream and caster's organization, so in near future we will be able to organize bigger tournaments with some accumulated experience. This is posted in the next thread: Tournament

Sorry about my bad english, I hope that I have been clear.
Regards.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS