Login

russian armor

Proposal for a small M3 armour buff

19 Oct 2013, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 17:18 PMwooof

id honestly say cons have the a advantage thanks to oorah. besides that, it all comes down to micro.

Nope, they don't. Cons even with oorah on can't run down the sc and throw the atnade. Thanks for the scout cars info.
20 Oct 2013, 06:51 AM

I agree that the M3 may slightly struggle but I think this is primarily due to the way people use them. People need to understand that putting a flame thrower unit inside of the car and drive close to the enemy is a huge risk. This risk can and often does pay off, of course but people need to understand that it isn't the right thing to do in every situation.

t1 is where there isnt a real effective solution to garrisoned mg42s. there is no mortars for indirect fire and mostly due to soviet teching style. therefore, m3+flamethrowers are the most effective measure against garrisoned mg42s, molotovs+conscripts are too much of a risk, have no scaling and are deadweights when LMG+rifle nade grens hit the field.

it would be nice if i can use it as a support unit, without the need to turn it into a clown car. but circumstance force me to use it as a shock unit.
20 Oct 2013, 21:35 PM

Thing is, there is no choice to use them as a drive close and attack unit since they're the only option from that buildings to use in breakthrough situations.

Especially in team games, where inevitably one part of the map is going to see MGs in buildings or bunkers.

I do think that 250 halftracks should get a similar bump, although they are a PGren delivery system, and those are deadly enough on foot. I still want to see these vehicles used more often and longer in a match.
21 Oct 2013, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2013, 21:35 PMTurtle
I do think that 250 halftracks should get a similar bump, although they are a PGren delivery system, and those are deadly enough on foot. I still want to see these vehicles used more often and longer in a match.

That particular call-in ability is just like the T34-85: extremely useful in some situations, but also extremely hard to save up for (560 manpower is a lot).

Frankly, that 55 fuel is better spent on teching to T3 rather than calling in a niche-usage German clown car.
21 Oct 2013, 23:55 PM

That particular call-in ability is just like the T34-85: extremely useful in some situations, but also extremely hard to save up for (560 manpower is a lot).

Frankly, that 55 fuel is better spent on teching to T3 rather than calling in a niche-usage German clown car.

I kind of enjoy the shrek-track. Eats T-70s - nice having a hard counter. Like, it could probably have the mp cost cut a little for what it is.
22 Oct 2013, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2013, 23:55 PMBlovski

I kind of enjoy the shrek-track. Eats T-70s - nice having a hard counter. Like, it could probably have the mp cost cut a little for what it is.

That's 560mp, 120mu, and 55fu for a "hard counter" to a 160mp, 55fu unit that probably won't be able to do anything else later in the game (considering there won't be any Su-85's or Katyushas to flank if they went T3). Not the most efficient use of resources, don't you think?

I mean, just compare the cost of it to the T70. It costs 40 more manpower than that infantry killing beast and has no weapons by itself whatsoever. I'm not saying it's completely useless but it's pretty hard to find a place for it in the vast majority of situations.

This call-in and the Stug-E have too high of an opportunity cost (delayed T3 -> Ostwinds/Panzer IVs) versus the minimal utility they bring to the table (do not really fill any major gaps in the German arsenal). Compare these call-ins to the Mortar Halftrack and you'll see what I mean.

Frankly, this is actually a related issue to the M3 being a bit underpowered because both have a very limited window of usefulness before they are completely outclassed by tank spam or rendered a liability due to other AT.
22 Oct 2013, 07:38 AM

That's 560mp, 120mu, and 55fu for a "hard counter" to a 160mp, 55fu unit that probably won't be able to do anything else later in the game (considering there won't be any Su-85's or Katyushas to flank if they went T3). Not the most efficient use of resources, don't you think?

I mean, just compare the cost of it to the T70. It costs 40 more manpower than that infantry killing beast and has no weapons by itself whatsoever. I'm not saying it's completely useless but it's pretty hard to find a place for it in the vast majority of situations.

This call-in and the Stug-E have too high of an opportunity cost (delayed T3 -> Ostwinds/Panzer IVs) versus the minimal utility they bring to the table (do not really fill any major gaps in the German arsenal). Compare these call-ins to the Mortar Halftrack and you'll see what I mean.

Frankly, this is actually a related issue to the M3 being a bit underpowered because both have a very limited window of usefulness before they are completely outclassed by tank spam or rendered a liability due to other AT.

It's only a good deal if you do zero teching.
22 Oct 2013, 12:37 PM

It's not that cost efficient, but you do have the shreks and PGs, which are invariably pretty useful against T3, and I find the shrektrack is a good backup if you do end up going T3 after all (my view is that going T3 against T34s needs another AT unit to protect against rams, and having a mobile one is more helpful). Is the 200mp, 55 fuel a reasonable cost for the HT... it's probably a bit too much, but it's nice having the call-in and the option for some AT if you skip T2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 110
unknown 31
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak