Login

russian armor

Ideas for Leader-boards.

17 Oct 2013, 14:28 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I suggest that those who managed to achieve the position of rank 1, 2 or 3 in their lifetime should have the rank and medal appear under there avatar and possibly the date of when it was achieved. I think this would be a great idea as there is currently no proper way of telling the history of the leader-boards. It also would give players old and new some well deserved recognition.

Another way to solve this issue would be to do monthly or seasonal news posts of the leader-boards and keep the results in an archive somewhere on the site. For instance, create a sub section under the Ladder drop down menu called Hall of Fame where the monthly or seasonal news post reside.
17 Oct 2013, 14:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Just 'cos u got 1st spot as Germans :D
17 Oct 2013, 14:38 PM

Sounds like a great idea!
17 Oct 2013, 14:42 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This one has a little car! This one has a little star!

Congrats on #1 hans. Should we move this topic to the appropriate forum? Or perhaps merge it with your fanclub? :jk:
17 Oct 2013, 15:17 PM
Donator 11

We noobs should also get something...:wub::wub: TOP200 badge would do! :P
17 Oct 2013, 15:26 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

lol you guys but all jokes aside what do you think?
17 Oct 2013, 15:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm sorry but I have to say that you're only suggesting this because you're on that spot :P

Stop caring so much about the size of your e-peen Hans :lol:
17 Oct 2013, 16:11 PM

They used to have a system like this in Age of Empires 3. It would span for a specfic timeframe and medal catergories included:

Most Wins Total.
Most Wins per Civiilization.

I never won any of them but I am pretty sure some people got addicted because of it. It is a good approach to have for the mass (eg most wins), but if it were just for highest individuals then not worth it. They are interesting to have but personally I think the coding team has better stuff to do sorry. I think it actually promoted drophacking more frequently, but CoH2 does have a better fair system in place.
17 Oct 2013, 16:21 PM
Donator 11

If ever Relic decides to do seasonal leaderboards then I would simply suggest to have a pinned thread in the forums recording all the top players of each season.
17 Oct 2013, 16:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think an even better idea or rather a more complete idea is to give everyone a medal showing the highest rank they have achieved and how long they have held it. maybe the medal image changes every 500-1000 ranks or somthing.

or maybe a medal for cracking into a group of ranks like top 200 or top 1000 like an achievemnt.

though tbh I think this idea is good concept but short sighted only thinking about 1, 2 and 3.

ps: bad hans no stroking your e-peen. :P
17 Oct 2013, 16:31 PM

Maybe we should pay homage by sending cookies too?
17 Oct 2013, 16:38 PM

I think whoever wins SNF should get a custom faceplate made by Relic which only they may have, Plus gold plated tanks.
17 Oct 2013, 16:40 PM

We noobs should also get something...:wub::wub: TOP200 badge would do! :P

+1
17 Oct 2013, 16:54 PM

Despite this suggestion clearly being motivated by special interests (ie Hans') it is still a good one.
17 Oct 2013, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2013, 16:38 PMwuff
I think whoever wins SNF should get a custom faceplate made by Relic which only they may have, Plus gold plated tanks.

That would be very cool. Great idea Wuff.
17 Oct 2013, 17:27 PM

I like the idea. Congrats on the first place Hans.
17 Oct 2013, 17:54 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Creating seasonal or monthly leaderboards does not require much effort at all. All one has to do is take a screenshot of them and write a bit about it for a news post each month or so. Then all the post go under a sub section in the Ladder drop down menu.

Even though I suggested the idea because I am high on the leaderboards I thought it would be beneficial to others well. Instead of pointing fingers that serve no purpose why don't you guys come with other ideas to help improve the site?

Also thanks for the congratulations Josh =).
17 Oct 2013, 18:01 PM

sponge bob square hans

17 Oct 2013, 18:14 PM
Admin Black Badge

I would like to see so much stuff from this done, but as may a few of you notice, our coding power is currently pretty low.

Find new coders? Yea, it's not as easy as it sounds. We missed something in the organisation / process of getting new coders on board, this paird with the training period in the framework we use, makes it not really easy.

Futhermore every work done was absolutly for free, this means there was no payout at all and that's not caused because someone gets all the money (we have a good balance, but we need to organize stuff/events, pay fees and ...). But that's cool for me, despite that I have zero interests in coh2 - I don't even own the game.

Why I do tell you all this? Because I simply have the feeling to do it and would really like to make the whole process behind transparent for you.

The team behind is very motivated and there is zero drama involved, so there is nothing to worry about :) but it doesn't go fast forward at the moment.
17 Oct 2013, 19:49 PM

Creating seasonal or monthly leaderboards does not require much effort at all. All one has to do is take a screenshot of them and write a bit about it for a news post each month or so. Then all the post go under a sub section in the Ladder drop down menu.

The original idea wasn't bad, but now that you finally made it there you are suggesting that every month someone should write about how uber leet Hans is top of the leaderboard? This is even dumber than politicians voting to raise their own salaries, just saying.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★