Login

russian armor

Why all the hate for riflemen?

11 Jul 2019, 14:00 PM

Look, if you make such statements you actually can share some of your replays with us.

Well the replays of my friends got taken down. So I think that I wont be able to share one.
11 Jul 2019, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2019, 13:59 PMEuan

Then I guess you might wanna practice your reading comprehension. I have over 350 games 1v1 as Axis and more on 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4...

And no active Axis rank other than in 3v3 AT. So yeah... congratulations on playing Axis years/months ago.
11 Jul 2019, 15:51 PM

I´d like to remind everyone that if the only argument you have is someone´s playercard, then, you have no argument at all
11 Jul 2019, 16:01 PM

I´d like to remind everyone that if the only argument you have is someone´s playercard, then, you have no argument at all

why? if someone only plays one faction they never get the whole picture.
You need to play all factions to judge the balance (to be as objective as possible).
11 Jul 2019, 20:24 PM

why? if someone only plays one faction they never get the whole picture.
You need to play all factions to judge the balance (to be as objective as possible).

Does not sharing playercard = doesn't play all factions?

Cause it has to for that point to be valid, and i don't think that's true
11 Jul 2019, 22:00 PM

Hvae fun fighting hordes of riflemen with your grenadiers lol
12 Jul 2019, 09:38 AM

Hvae fun fighting hordes of riflemen with your grenadiers lol

If you're using grenadiers only, you don't know how to play ost and picked OKW wrong.
12 Jul 2019, 10:08 AM

No because if you only play one faction you shouldn`t comment on balance because you are most likely extremely biased
12 Jul 2019, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2019, 09:38 AMKatitof

If you're using grenadiers only, you don't know how to play ost and picked OKW wrong.

Who said something about using grenadiers only? Doesn't take away the fact that riflemen are very good units and rape grenadiers.
12 Jul 2019, 11:39 AM

No because if you only play one faction you shouldn`t comment on balance because you are most likely extremely biased
12 Jul 2019, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2019, 08:43 AMEuan
I'll say what I've been saying for years...

Riflemen are good. As others have said, the problem is that they go up against Volks, which can do literally everything.

Sandbags for defense? Check.
Flame nade for offense and garrison use nullification? Check
Snare for fighting vehicles? Check.
All-ranges on-the-field upgrade? Check.
Cheaper and faster to build and reinforce? Check

In the hands of any competent player, this is just boring to play as or against. Change literally only one of these things and you'd have a more fun matchup... hell, even moving sandbags to SturmPios, or locking StGs behind T3, would be enough.

Yeah move sandbags away from a defensive unit with a shit rof and moving dps. I’m sure they can do great moving around like they’re riflemen.

And yeah lock stgs behind T3 so usf can rush bars and dominate the field against your shitty unupgraded volks.

Any other incredible suggestions? Perhaps locking Volks behind T4 because they’re too OP?
12 Jul 2019, 11:49 AM

Yeah move sandbags away from a defensive unit with a shit rof and moving dps. I’m sure they can do great moving around like they’re riflemen.

And yeah lock stgs behind T3 so usf can rush bars and dominate the field against your shitty unupgraded volks.

Any other incredible suggestions? Perhaps locking Volks behind T4 because they’re too OP?

5 men Infantry Sections locked behind 35 fuel while Volks STG are behind T4. Seems fair to me?
12 Jul 2019, 12:06 PM

Not really

Not playing all the factions doesnt prevent anyone from coming up with legit ideas/opinions and so on - either trough a coincidence or simply by looking from the outside.
After all, space vessels have also been designed before people went to space

To be fair, it sure does help having a broader insight and first hand experiences, but it´s still just a cheap discussion shortcut that leads to nowhere https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Especially since even if the post author stays with the "one faction bag over their eyes", there are gonna be others reading...
12 Jul 2019, 12:16 PM

Who said something about using grenadiers only? Doesn't take away the fact that riflemen are very good units and rape grenadiers.

Given the cost difference between them and USF limited access to support weapons AND what is standing behind grens in T1 and T0, it would be pretty fucking imbalanced if grens stood a chance.
12 Jul 2019, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2019, 12:16 PMKatitof

Given the cost difference between them and USF limited access to support weapons AND what is standing behind grens in T1 and T0, it would be pretty fucking imbalanced if grens stood a chance.

Still the same effect :)
12 Jul 2019, 13:28 PM

5 men Infantry Sections locked behind 35 fuel while Volks STG are behind T4. Seems fair to me?

Chad McThanosington snapped his fingers and half the okw players were gone.

Then he sat back in his farm in Welchestershire, drank Yorkshire Tea and watched the clouds rise on a grateful continent.

The hardest factions require the strongest balancing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★