Login

russian armor

Is OKW boring?

29 Jun 2019, 10:58 AM

Is it me or just OKW's terms of choices and alternatives just boring.

I mean in the beginning of the match starting with Sturmpio is great.

Here is where the boredom starts.:drool:

Getting AI units on the field early game:

Trying to get another Sturmpio, is very unsuitable, unreliable in infantry engagements later. It is a no go in most situations unless its super urban or I am against USF early on. Trying to use them more than Volks is simply suicide. Using them for Aggression, cant do that, die too quick. Going Defensive, they can shoot as efficiently, not good. Sturmpio is most often, not a good choice. Definitely not good choice cuz it is also expensive.

Using Kubel. Its great at capping but against infantry. Well, I would not rely on it. I mean having limited Sturmpio to support means little impact for Kubel on the field. It is not adaptable. Only in big maps with open spaces it is fine. Otherwise, dont take it because it always dies. In terms of support, well its not great.

Ahh, here is the fun part. VOLKS. Its always VOLKS. SO fun , so great! They always seem to do better in Aggression and Defensive. Why is that. Cuz they are all you need! And they are supportive. I can not think of a better unit, its just VOLKS. How dumb of me. There is simply no other way!

The best and only alternative. VOLKS, VOLKS, VOLKS. :loco:

Now getting AT on the field:

Well there is Sturmpio's AT package. Well that is an option right? No, its a piece of shit package that provides little to no real effective support. I just wasted 70 ammo on something that provides nothing other than "cold immunity". Geez, he must have a fever right?

Now, everyones favourite Rak. It is cheap, it small, it is shit and a recon. What is there to complain about. Oh, wait. I do not have any other choice.

Unless, I waste 70 fuel on a Puma that provides far greater support against lights, its more supportive but wait. It is simply shit against mediums and later game.

Well, that means I have to stick to Rak since its the only choice I have got! RAK, RAK, RAK.:rofl:

Now choosing what to TECH:

Well, there is med base that provides all the drugs and meds u need! Wait, what serves. LEIG and FHT in 1v1. How about IRH. The response is, "not viable". In fact none of them are viable in 1v1. Why. 1./ Since FHT gets easily countered by strong Allied AT and AT lights. It is timing is bad. LEIG is not effective in 1v1 but team games yes. MED truck serves no other purpose than Team games.

Well, that leaves me with Mech only if I want to win the game. Only Mech. Luchs, Puma, Walking Stuka. Nice options. Well that is the only best option I have got. Only MECH, MECH, MECH.:S

Now choosing what to get from Mech:

I have all these great options, what to pick from. Oh, Walking Stuka, my lord. 100 fuel, gotta be so good! Use its barrage once only to get countered by an Allied AT light simply because my Rak is not tracking it fast enough because of its shitty range. Damn 100 fuel gone. Definitely not a good option. Even then, its is so predictable. Who can not see that coming when even hear, how the sound it makes. 100 fuel is definitely a waste as for it as well performs.

Luchs, its the only option if I want to take advantage. Perfect vehicle against Infantry. Good Infantry problem solved. Now AT. My Rak is missing lights because they are fast and only able to place 1 shot.

Getting 2 Raks is simply going to kill OKW because I will be weak, since Infantry are already having difficulties combating them. Even when I have to combat their AT guns to protect my lights.

Puma will do both. It is only Luchs and Puma. ALWAYS LUCHS & PUMA. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS. You can not go MED in 1v1. You have to go MECH. Why, because of shitty AT support (Rak and Sturmpio AT) that can not even defend your FHT. Guess that is the only option I have got.

Now choosing what to get from last base:

Obers, finally. Finally after all this time, now only after 10CP. Oh, there is strong AI vehicles. Great timing. Going to change the game right just getting Obers. Wait, but I cant get Obers since now Allies got their hands on TD's and Tanks. Rak is simply shit for AT. What I am I going to do! What I am I going to do! Oh, No Obers now, in fact no Obers at all because it is simply just a terrible time!:gimpy:

Its either PzIV and Panther. Well there is Jagdpanzer but how am I going to deal with inf at the same time when I can not get it onto the field. Just PzIV and Panther. No Obers, no Jagdpanzer unless you want to take a risk!

Now trying to be supportive in team games:

Oh, Rak will definitely give the support it needs. It is great at crepping. OH, Sherman coming. Got a shot on it. Nice. What happens the next second? Oh my, the Rak is gone already. Well that is a shame. There goes 270 manpower so easily. Well that means, Tanks are the only choice I have got of any chance of combating any mediums or heavies. Since Rak cant do anything except recon!

VOLKS. It is time for Obers but wait. I am at full cap. It is already 30 min and I never got the chance cuz I needed Tanks. Well, better luck time, if there is a next! What happens the next time. Same old story, no Obers at all. Just VOLKS, VOLKS, VOLKS.

ALL IN ALL>

It is only Volks for Infantry only since Sturmpio and Obers are just bad in its own way,
Rak for AT although it is crappy and I have got no other choice,
Luchs only vehicle for AI since I have Puma to support me,
Puma for AT if Rak is crappy enough,
PanzerIV & Panther.

What can never get or use!
MED base in 1v1 cuz AT support is shit, cant provide to protect FHT against lights. Otherwise it could be a choice

No Obers or Sturmpio cuz, they are simply not designed to be.

Sturmpio AT, not designed to be suitable either.

Kubel, is ok but just not a choice that you can make willingly. 1v1 is viable but it wont last.

MG34, is ok but its a bad MG overall. Cant even suppress well enough, and even then does shittiest damage of them all. Gets countered easily than most MGs. Timing is also bad.

No FHT since its just not suitable enough either.

IRH, what I am going to do with that in 1v1. Team games, definitely a good option.

LEIG is good only on team games. Do not trying even using it in 1v1.

Jagdpanzer is good TD but it is not a viable option in most case scenarios. Would suit Osteehr better.

Here is where the boredom never ends:lolol:

I just feel it is poorly designed!:help:
SO many options that you just can not use!:*(

In Conclusion:

in 1v1, it is always the same old, 1 choice only to win the game. Predictable. Going any other way is just not going to work. Very little choice, litte options and diversity overall.

OKW of all factions is not fun to play because you can not improvise like what you can with others.

Playing WEHR has always been more fun on the axis side. Cuz you have choices. You do not have to go this way in order to win. You have 2 or 3 ways. Even playing all the Allies has been always more fun since they got choices, alternatives and diversity.:D

What is up with OKW?
29 Jun 2019, 12:24 PM

In defence, I may say, that any Allied faction or even Ostheer without any doctines/commanders plays pretty much the same.

For OST it either gren spam or gren spam plus two MG42's.
For SU it is penal spam with no exeption.
For USF/UKF it is literally one unit spam all the game.

And it is doctrines, that can sprinkle that sweet-sweet taste of different strategies - ass.grens, flame mortars, guards and stormtroopers, paratroopers, different early and late tech.

Same goes for OKW - all those little things like flares in overwatch, paratroopers and FlaK emplacements in Luftwaffe support, pfusilers with shreks. That's what makes OKW gameplay-wise fun and interesting.

Yet, those RaK's are really bad. Wish they might be moved to Overwatch/Breacktrought, and replaced with normal PaK's or reskinned PaK 37-mm.
29 Jun 2019, 14:08 PM

Permanently Banned
No, It's subjective

/Thread
29 Jun 2019, 14:24 PM

For mine, the whole faction is badly designed - just like the US faction. If I could change things I'd do something like this:

Swap the MG34 and Raketenwerfer so, the MG is immediately available but the AT gun requires tech. The Rak camo would be brought into line with other units so, no more sneaking around - if it's moving, it's visible.

Swap the Obersoldaten and the Walking Stuka so, the heavy infantry is available when you need it and the heavy bombardment machine requires high level tech.

Move the IR half-track to Special Ops doctrine, move the Artillery Flares to a doctrine with artillery (say, Scavenge - replacing Infiltration Grenades).

Replace the IR halftrack with the Opel Truck from Feuersturm as a stock unit and replace the truck with a 250 halftrack in the doctrine. The truck gives the faction mobility without increasing it's combat ability significantly.

Of course, none of this would address the issue of being "boring" but, it would be a more consistent and coherent faction without all the weird anomalies built into the OKW core force.
29 Jun 2019, 14:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Entirely subjective thread, but yes IMO. No flexibilty, at least at higher tiers. 4-5 volks a game, luchs rush, pumas and command panther. Maybe you throw JLI in there and go ostwind. But falls aren't very useful, Obers arrive super late for 1v1 and we all know tech bad, callin good. KT literally the worst heavy in the game now dime for dime. Teamweapons lack some sort of reliablity or function compared to counterparts. It's just a poorly designed faction.
29 Jun 2019, 15:01 PM

I disagree with couple things (Pumas in particular... damn, I love Pumas) but overall ur right
Its definitely the worst designed faction in the game, currently

Assuming we have one last patch still left, we should start thinkin about minor reworks
29 Jun 2019, 18:12 PM

No, they are like USF. They lack numerous tools of other factions which you have to compensate with blunt force. They got
- no sniper
- no early mortar
- no flamers
- no anti-blob tool like brummbar or pwerfer.

I mean sure this can greatly decrease the build order diversity and it doesnt fit every player, but you can still adapt to a certain extend.

As OKW you can still play different with only few volks, for example if you play a little bit like Ostheer with sandbags, MGs and LeIgs.
29 Jun 2019, 19:22 PM

OKW needs a redesign badly. IMO it’s a shame that they can’t share units wih Ostheer, as it would allow for a far better faction design.

For instance you could start with pioneers as your engineers available in T0 and you could potentially get Stutmpioneers at T2 med truck for better repair speeds, different defensive structures and potentially double shrek package. (Don’t scream OP, it’s just a suggestion and would have to be balanced,)

Another potential idea could be the use of early war vehicles. IMO the Stug E could be used since indirect fire suffers in this faction aside from the Stuka. Or the Panzer IV F1 as a cheap T34/76 style tank.

So many possibilities to spice up gameplay, but instead we get the same stale meta every game. At least Scavenge is viable now.
3 Jul 2019, 16:26 PM

Uh, learn to play?
3 Jul 2019, 20:20 PM

Uh, learn to play?

You can quite frankly see what I am writing, is from experience and their overall alternatives.

Uh, learn to understand?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS