Login

russian armor

Do Allies retreating units get smaller target size?

28 Jun 2019, 15:04 PM

Just curious, as a Wehr 2v2 player, my grens have trouble wiping their weapon teams and retreating infantry.

On the other hand, i experience Penals,Rifles and BrensIS, wipe my retreating units far easier.

This cause me to suspect the target size? Or the more firing mens?

Feels frustrating as Wehr player, you need to retreat off map faster than Allies.
28 Jun 2019, 15:32 PM

Its confirmation bias.

All retreating inf get the same modifier.
28 Jun 2019, 15:33 PM

Maybe it is not target size per se.
How about looking at why allies infantry are better at dealing more damages to retreating squads?
28 Jun 2019, 15:35 PM

Rate of fire, better dps up close, better RA vet bonuses.
28 Jun 2019, 16:54 PM

So, a retreating squad of obers walks into a BAR...

You do know, how BAR damage dispertion works? If don't, then it looks like this - If it hits, some of damage is transfered to other models.
28 Jun 2019, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2019, 15:04 PMmrgame2
Just curious, as a Wehr 2v2 player, my grens have trouble wiping their weapon teams and retreating infantry.

On the other hand, i experience Penals,Rifles and BrensIS, wipe my retreating units far easier.

This cause me to suspect the target size? Or the more firing mens?

Feels frustrating as Wehr player, you need to retreat off map faster than Allies.

Grens aren't meant to wipe infantry, they're defensive infantry. Ostheer has effective vehicles and tanks that can do the wiping.
28 Jun 2019, 17:03 PM

I dont think I had any issues using Grens to wipe, its even easier with G43s!
28 Jun 2019, 17:25 PM

You do know, how BAR damage dispertion works? If don't, then it looks like this - If it hits, some of damage is transfered to other models.

That is just plain silly.

“Frank got shot and now I’m bleeding. What the hell?”

Not saying that you’re wrong, in fact I’m sure you are correct, but it’s just a strange game mechanic. Does anyone know why this was done and what kind weapons have this attribute?
28 Jun 2019, 17:30 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Everyone gets the same retreat bonuses to RA, but different units have different RA modifiers, attacking units have different accuracy, moving accuracy modifiers on their weapons etc. So it isn't super clear cut, just know grens are pretty standard, while tommies suck while moving, and riflemen are pretty good. Nothing compares to the G43 on the move though.
28 Jun 2019, 17:35 PM

If you play allies more you might realize this happens to everybody, regardless of faction

Just because you retreated doesnt mean the unit deserves to live
28 Jun 2019, 18:01 PM

That is just plain silly.

EDIT: he's talking about "focus fire: false".
It doesn't increase or share damage, it means any squad member can be hit by the burst, which leads to more health damage and fewer entity kills. The BAR has that setting, which probably leads to more low-health retreats for German squads.

Most close range automatics have that setting (except Thompson), and most long-range automatics do not.
28 Jun 2019, 18:02 PM

All squads receive 40% accuracy when retreating, except the M2HB, which is 50% for some reason.
28 Jun 2019, 18:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All squads receive 40% accuracy when retreating, except the M2HB, which is 50% for some reason.

For some reason, the M2HB has always been on the receiving end of having weird outdated stats. Also, not sure if snipers and other support weapons have the same values.
And just because it sounds strange the way you word it:

-Squad get's a 0.4 RA modifier when retreating. It would be a -60% accuracy.

@OP
Confirmation bias + not knowing type of unit/weapons.

Penals and Rifles have semi autos. They have better performance on the move than normal bolt action rifles.
VANILLA IS have one of the worst on the move profile. This only get's offset when they have double brens by sheer DPS.

If you want to get "ez" retreat wipes as OH, get G43s. You can keep chasing without needing to know when it's better to actually stop to get that increased chance of wiping a squad with your last volley.
28 Jun 2019, 18:49 PM

For some reason, the M2HB has always been on the receiving end of having weird outdated stats. Also, not sure if snipers and other support weapons have the same values.

I don't believe other MGs or snipers use that value.

Agreed on that unit- super high damage, really low RoF. It also loses its good penetration at vet 2 because that variant of the weapon was never updated.
28 Jun 2019, 19:59 PM

EDIT: he's talking about "focus fire: false".
It doesn't increase or share damage, it means any squad member can be hit by the burst, which leads to more health damage and fewer entity kills. The BAR has that setting, which probably leads to more low-health retreats for German squads.

Most close range automatics have that setting (except Thompson), and most long-range automatics do not.

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.

The focus fire as you say makes more sense as described, but really sounds like it would be best if all automatic weapons either had it or didn’t have it. Uniformity and consistency for things like this would help with both player understanding and balance.
29 Jun 2019, 01:15 AM

play allies and feel the difference

Your guess is just a feeling
29 Jun 2019, 04:29 AM

but g43 is doc, while penals and rifles are better at killing retreating squads?

anyone also find wehr mortar and mg42 pack up slower than allies?
29 Jun 2019, 05:32 AM

1) Infantry wipes weapon teams on retreat because of shitty 1.25 TS of nearly all HMG weapon teams (only HMG34 OKW stock weapon team is 1, if I am not lost my memorycard) because blobbers (not allied blobbers, just all kind of blobbers) and conscript spammers cried too much into balance teams jacket.
2)For wiping down squads use new builds, which include more pgrens, and try not to jush T3, but get a scout car, if you want to trade resources well against atleast USF.
29 Jun 2019, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2019, 04:29 AMmrgame2
but g43 is doc, while penals and rifles are better at killing retreating squads?

anyone also find wehr mortar and mg42 pack up slower than allies?

So use panzergrens then?
That 64 cqc dps WILL wipe squads passing through them.
29 Jun 2019, 09:45 AM

Obers are rare. They are not really a thing or of little to no significance in this game. Due to its terrible timing, makes it almost pointless getting them due to the fact that they are ill-suited.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 65

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak