What happened to all
the italian army
and japanese army Threads?
27 Jun 2019, 12:08 PM

sent to gulag
27 Jun 2019, 12:10 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Maybe people realized, that both factions were not an essential plan in Relics vision for the game and gave up to pursue the Devs about this topic
27 Jun 2019, 13:16 PM

Savin them for CoH3 I guess

Though Japanese tactics have been present in the game since day1

Havent u seen the new trending with plane falling on a Rakettenwerfer
27 Jun 2019, 13:26 PM

Because it's pointless and Relic doesn’t care, CoH2 was abandoned three years ago, even Relic thanks were made not Relic. I think Italy should have come from Britain DLC together, this is a very stupid unequal number of opposing factions. But now this is just an excuse to sell you all the same British and US for the third time.
27 Jun 2019, 14:00 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Because it's pointless and Relic doesn’t care, CoH2 was abandoned three years ago, even Relic thanks were made not Relic. I think Italy should have come from Britain DLC together, this is a very stupid unequal number of opposing factions. But now this is just an excuse to sell you all the same British and US for the third time.

I mean the Italian faction makes sense to implement, but with the focus on the factions you could argue, that the Italian faction just didn't quite fit in. First we had Ost vs Soviets with a clear focus on the Eastern Front. Italia had no real place in the vanilla game. Out came the Western Fronts DLC which mainly focused on the Ardennes Campaign which clearly was USF vs Wehrmacht (OKW). You could argue, that Brits where then in fact an addition to the Western Front Armies because they are focused around the late war British Army which mostly fought in the West after Normandy.

But now you might ask: Why didn't the Italian faction bolster the Eastern Front part of the game? Answer: It was never planned and didn't really make sense because you could then argue, that a mixed "Auxilliary"-faction would have made more sense because the Italians were just a part of many foreign Armies fighting under the German regime. Stand-Alone Italian would only make real sense in a possible COH3 if it would be focused around the Mediteranean campaigns
27 Jun 2019, 14:13 PM

I'd say that an Italian-German Army is still possible, we got most of the German equipment that they'd use right now anyhow, besides the 88 of course, well, and the Italian weapons and vehicles, but as far as infantry goes, just reskin the Osttruppen and give them new voices and boom, Italian infantry, well and change up some mechanics of course.
27 Jun 2019, 14:35 PM

I mean the Italian faction makes sense to implement, but with the focus on the factions you could argue, that the Italian faction just didn't quite fit in. First we had Ost vs Soviets with a clear focus on the Eastern Front. Italia had no real place in the vanilla game. Out came the Western Fronts DLC which mainly focused on the Ardennes Campaign which clearly was USF vs Wehrmacht (OKW). You could argue, that Brits where then in fact an addition to the Western Front Armies because they are focused around the late war British Army which mostly fought in the West after Normandy.

But now you might ask: Why didn't the Italian faction bolster the Eastern Front part of the game? Answer: It was never planned and didn't really make sense because you could then argue, that a mixed "Auxilliary"-faction would have made more sense because the Italians were just a part of many foreign Armies fighting under the German regime. Stand-Alone Italian would only make real sense in a possible COH3 if it would be focused around the Mediteranean campaigns

Italy is in a strange situation:
- For the Eastern Front, it is not appropriate. The Italian Army was large but backward, Tanks were represented by outdated tanket and about 15 captured Soviet tanks, only a few of them were T-34s.

- Add Italy as the key faction around which the events will take place: Africa, Sicily, Italy. We will get all of the same Britain and the United States for the third time, for the sake of the new Italy I will not buy the same factions for the third time.
- The third option, the addition of Italy in COH2 as the opposite side of Britain. Not a very accurate option. But for me personally, the most acceptable. Italy could be represented by the headlining of the Italian troops with the addition of German heavy tanks.

If Relic remained on the Eastern Front side, she could have added: Soviet Guards Army (Guards Airborne Forces, Marines, Guards Infantry, SU-100, T-34-85 with additional armor, T-34-76 with additional armor, T- 60, BM-8-24 or BM-31-12, 160-mm mortar, for the Soviets there are a lot of options) For the Germans: Fatherland Defense Group (Volkstrum, Luftwaffe ground troops, Marder, trophy equipment) or Hungary which has a bunch of its weapons and German classics: Tiger, Pz-4, Nebelwerfer, etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★