Login

russian armor

Replace Relief Infantry by Ostruppen?

26 Jun 2019, 16:23 PM

they get super zook

Far stretch, might as well call the cover bonus and lmg42 abilities then.
26 Jun 2019, 16:37 PM

Far stretch, might as well call the cover bonus and lmg42 abilities then.

Coverbonus make them normal, but yes, the LMG upgrade was a fail of the balance team. Destroying an unit they never played.

EDIT: would had be better to remove the weapon-upgrade, give them 2 weapon-slots instead and buff them an other way.

Like I said, e.g. target-size buff while not moving, so they become useful weapon-crews and become more powerful in def. position.
27 Jun 2019, 10:19 AM

I like the concept behind "Relief Infantry" and I believe it should stay that way.

Then we simply disagree. I think 'order your troops to commit suicide to get more troops' is dumb as fuck.
27 Jun 2019, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 10:19 AMLago

Then we simply disagree. I think 'order your troops to commit suicide to get more troops' is dumb as fuck.

Agreed, the trade of ammo and expensive men from small squads is not worth the reserves you get.
27 Jun 2019, 10:54 AM

That is why I suggested a redesign. The ability would have increased durationbut provide squads that can merge but not reinforce. Merge could even provide a small heal.

That would allow these troops to act like "reserves" and help a player continue his defense or attack but one would not be able to abuse the ability or get unwanted squads.
27 Jun 2019, 11:38 AM

Agreed, the trade of ammo and expensive men from small squads is not worth the reserves you get.

Even if it were it's a really dumb ability.

"Squad, command has issued us reinforcements!"
"But only on the condition that six of you kill yourselves charging that machine gun over there."
27 Jun 2019, 12:02 PM

Yes but pls not the 0cp ability. Use the 3cp ability from Mobile Defense doc
27 Jun 2019, 12:07 PM

That's why you don't deliberately send them to die, but to use ability during a push you expect to take casualties.

That way its not "order your troops to commit suicide to get more troops" and instead its "you suffer the exact same casualties you normally would, but now you get 'free' squads for them".
27 Jun 2019, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 11:38 AMLago

Even if it were it's a really dumb ability.

"Squad, command has issued us reinforcements!"
"But only on the condition that six of you kill yourselves charging that machine gun over there."

Yeah some sort of cheap reserve squad that can merge and stuff. I'd really, really like to see AT rifles on Osttruppen.
27 Jun 2019, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 12:07 PMKatitof

That's why you don't deliberately send them to die, but to use ability during a push you expect to take casualties.

That way its not "order your troops to commit suicide to get more troops" and instead its "you suffer the exact same casualties you normally would, but now you get 'free' squads for them".

That's the theory.

In practice, it's trading munitions for manpower, and to get the most of of your munitions you need to get the full amount of extra squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★