Login

russian armor

Random Teammate stories

9 Jul 2019, 04:38 AM

I had a 2v2 teammate who deployed like 4-5 Assault Engineer squads and eventually upgraded them with zooks after going LT. I was too busy on my side of the map to really say it was a bad idea.

It didn't work out.
9 Jul 2019, 06:39 AM

I had a 2v2 teammate who deployed like 4-5 Assault Engineer squads and eventually upgraded them with zooks after going LT. I was too busy on my side of the map to really say it was a bad idea.

It didn't work out.

goddamnit,

how do people come up with such things...
9 Jul 2019, 16:30 PM

goddamnit,

how do people come up with such things...

The assault engineer with a flamer and a zook works great against the computer in a comp stomp. Haven't tried it in a real game because real people tend not to leave vehicles in front of something that is shooting at it with a bazooka for 30 seconds or more like the computer does.

I wish there was a way to leave a game after seeing the commanders without incurring a loss. I had multiple games yesterday where someone went Advanced Emplacements and started building bofors and mortar pits on the center VP. Inevitably, Sim City burns down around the 20 minute mark and then it's all over except for the base raping.

I did have another game where a USF player built a mortar as his second or third unit. It actually turned out to be kind of fun. The other team used a big group of ass grens, panzer grens, and panzer fusiliers. It reminded me of Starcraft. The mortar spent more time on the ground abandoned than being used. In some ways, it did kind of work for the starcraft players. They got the CP's around the time that they got the fuel. Double Jacksons and a 57mm don't have a problem with a Tiger when the other side is still playing Starcraft.
16 Jul 2019, 15:48 PM

Yesterday I was someone's Random Teammate story on a 2v2. I should've noticed that my teammate was winning his side on Camping in the Woods a little too easily. I didn't notice the flank until it was way too late and gave the other team two Maxims at about the 4 minute mark. Surprisingly, my teammate didn't say anything and we both kept playing.
17 Jul 2019, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2019, 15:48 PMGrumpy
Yesterday I was someone's Random Teammate story on a 2v2. I should've noticed that my teammate was winning his side on Camping in the Woods a little too easily. I didn't notice the flank until it was way too late and gave the other team two Maxims at about the 4 minute mark. Surprisingly, my teammate didn't say anything and we both kept playing.

not bad, in that case i honestly expected a silent rage quit. Did you win?
17 Jul 2019, 09:20 AM

Honestly, giving away Maxims seems like a proper powerplay. At least there's a chance they'll use them instead of MG42/34s
17 Jul 2019, 09:46 AM

Yeah, look on the positive side! Your opponent is wasting their MP on crewing two maxims!

Had a good game last night. It was a 2v2 long arty fest, to be sure. I would like to take this moment to remember the time an OKW push was met with two calliopes, a sexton, the british base howitzers and a major artillery strike.

Good times. Kudos to them for co-ordinated fire.
18 Jul 2019, 19:12 PM

not bad, in that case i honestly expected a silent rage quit. Did you win?

Yes, but it was a 40+ minute slog after that.
18 Jul 2019, 23:55 PM

Yeah, look on the positive side! Your opponent is wasting their MP on crewing two maxims!

Had a good game last night. It was a 2v2 long arty fest, to be sure. I would like to take this moment to remember the time an OKW push was met with two calliopes, a sexton, the british base howitzers and a major artillery strike.

Good times. Kudos to them for co-ordinated fire.

Late game with lots of yellow cover they don't seem to matter much. I once had an opponent tell his MG42 to set up on the opposite side of a sandbag from my Maxim. The MG42 traversed the entire field of fire, set up, and killed 2 models of my Maxim before he noticed that his MG was being shot up. He still managed to retreat it and the whole encounter probably didn't cost him any more manpower than it cost me.

I just finished a 2v2 where my teammate decided I was terrible, and kept typing shit in team chat. He even said he was going to leave after YOLO'ing his Cromwell and Firefly into a Stugs, JP4, Panther, PAK40, and Raketen. Somehow, it was my fault he didn't win that engagement AND I'm a retard. He didn't leave and we won, but it was still annoying as shit. I wish replays kept all of the chat until you leave. The end was pretty funny. My illustrious teammate typed in chat how he hates having to carry someone. One of my opponents said "Don't worry, you didn't".
19 Jul 2019, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2019, 09:20 AMMusti
Honestly, giving away Maxims seems like a proper powerplay. At least there's a chance they'll use them instead of MG42/34s

LOL

Maybe, but I don't think I'll try it again.
23 Jul 2019, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 23:55 PMGrumpy

Late game with lots of yellow cover they don't seem to matter much. I once had an opponent tell his MG42 to set up on the opposite side of a sandbag from my Maxim. The MG42 traversed the entire field of fire, set up, and killed 2 models of my Maxim before he noticed that his MG was being shot up. He still managed to retreat it and the whole encounter probably didn't cost him any more manpower than it cost me.

I just finished a 2v2 where my teammate decided I was terrible, and kept typing shit in team chat. He even said he was going to leave after YOLO'ing his Cromwell and Firefly into a Stugs, JP4, Panther, PAK40, and Raketen. Somehow, it was my fault he didn't win that engagement AND I'm a retard. He didn't leave and we won, but it was still annoying as shit. I wish replays kept all of the chat until you leave. The end was pretty funny. My illustrious teammate typed in chat how he hates having to carry someone. One of my opponents said "Don't worry, you didn't".

you can upload it, the chat gets extracted automatically then
3 Aug 2019, 02:38 AM

I tried to stay off this topic because there are too many stories to tell.

But a soviet team mate just made his tier for Maxims. And then teched medics. First thing he did. Who are they going fix up? You have no units? Alt-F4.

Last 5 games: 2-losses, 2-bugsplat games, 1-poor bastard with a 47 IQ. Somehow this guy gets into a level 13 game??????
3 Aug 2019, 07:51 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

But a soviet team mate just made his tier for Maxims. And then teched medics. First thing he did. Who are they going fix up? You have no units? Alt-F4.

Last 5 games: 2-losses, 2-bugsplat games, 1-poor bastard with a 47 IQ. Somehow this guy gets into a level 13 game??????

You really have no luck with your randoms games :*(

4 Aug 2019, 06:49 AM

ah, yes, the Teching without units. a classic. i wonder what comes to the mind of those people...
4 Aug 2019, 18:43 PM

ah, yes, the Teching without units. a classic. i wonder what comes to the mind of those people...

Even if the guy was any good, we would have lost because I was so confused/bewildered I could not play :faint: The only valid thing I could think of was he knew the enemies and wanted them to win???
4 Aug 2019, 19:57 PM

Even if the guy was any good, we would have lost because I was so confused/bewildered I could not play :faint: The only valid thing I could think of was he knew the enemies and wanted them to win???

Happens to me regularly when I see odd stuff.

I've been playing mostly OKW in randoms for the last week. One match on Elst, my teammate who was also OKW built all of his trucks on the very left edge of the map by the fuel. I wonder if he thought I was good enough to contest the rest of the map and be there when the other team goes after his trucks.

My favorite OKW teammate truck placement happened a couple of matches later. We load into a match where the other team has howitzer commanders and bulletins. My teammate builds all of his trucks just outside the base on the retreat path from the center VP. What could possibly go wrong?
6 Aug 2019, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 19:57 PMGrumpy

Happens to me regularly when I see odd stuff.

I've been playing mostly OKW in randoms for the last week. One match on Elst, my teammate who was also OKW built all of his trucks on the very left edge of the map by the fuel. I wonder if he thought I was good enough to contest the rest of the map and be there when the other team goes after his trucks.

My favorite OKW teammate truck placement happened a couple of matches later. We load into a match where the other team has howitzer commanders and bulletins. My teammate builds all of his trucks just outside the base on the retreat path from the center VP. What could possibly go wrong?

Or in a 4 v 4 match a random builds mech truck with repair tech in HIS BASE@!!@$@
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★