Login

russian armor

Random Teammate stories

23 Jun 2019, 21:13 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Tbh i think evryone, who plays 3vs3, 4vs4 met this guy already^^
23 Jun 2019, 21:26 PM
Donator 11

Does someone know the player "CPU - NonStandard"?

He always instantly leaves after typing "my team weak gg" in chat
- if he doesnt like your build order
- if you dont follow his commands ("we all rush to fuel, nobody goes to ammo or VP point!") or dont follow his ping spam
- if you dont go t1 as soviets
- if he loses a squad early
- if you dont control all 3 VPs 5 minutes into the match or
- if he gets rekt (which happens a lot :) )

He's a classic. Basically anyone who feels that they are superior and want to make sure you know that they don't like what you're doing are great fun. They often reveal themselves when I place my Battlegroup in the base sector. Good entertainment, even if it's a clear defeat
23 Jun 2019, 21:58 PM
Patrion 310

If CPU - Non Standard meets an AT he will insta quit, seems he refuses to fight vs AT :hyper:
23 Jun 2019, 23:28 PM

Tbh i think evryone, who plays 3vs3, 4vs4 met this guy already^^

Can confirm. Am 4v4 scrub.

For me the most infuriating random teammates are the tank trap spammers. It's like the just drag the build order across the entire map. They always do it on your side of the fuel too making any type of push impossible.

I remember playing on Steppes with one of these guys. He had no tanks, nothing but rear echelon spamming tank traps and MGs/ATGs positioned not far from the base sector. I wanted to make a push with tanks to flank the mid VP and help the my other allies infantry but I kept getting trapped in by his tanktraps. So I blew a hole in his (by this stage multilayered) wall and rushed through.

The tanktrap guy pinged the part where I had destroyed furiously, evidently pissed that I didn't want to stay within one sector of the home base like him. When my tanks tried to return for repairs the gap already had RE in rebuilding it. So my damaged tanks ended up being corned by a Panther and Pzgren blob.

24 Jun 2019, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2019, 23:28 PMGrim

Can confirm. Am 4v4 scrub.

For me the most infuriating random teammates are the tank trap spammers. It's like the just drag the build order across the entire map. They always do it on your side of the fuel too making any type of push impossible.

I remember playing on Steppes with one of these guys. He had no tanks, nothing but rear echelon spamming tank traps and MGs/ATGs positioned not far from the base sector. I wanted to make a push with tanks to flank the mid VP and help the my other allies infantry but I kept getting trapped in by his tanktraps. So I blew a hole in his (by this stage multilayered) wall and rushed through.

The tanktrap guy pinged the part where I had destroyed furiously, evidently pissed that I didn't want to stay within one sector of the home base like him. When my tanks tried to return for repairs the gap already had RE in rebuilding it. So my damaged tanks ended up being corned by a Panther and Pzgren blob.

very nice
24 Jun 2019, 16:03 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I had a soviet guy, who went this build:

Cons, cocktail, cons, at nade. After that i stopped to watch him...
24 Jun 2019, 16:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

24 Jun 2019, 22:28 PM

I had a soviet guy, who went this build:

Cons, cocktail, cons, at nade. After that i stopped to watch him...

yes, that's a classic
24 Jun 2019, 23:07 PM

Once. Steppes. 00:01.
CPU:
- If we take both fuels it's a win. Do you agree team?
Mate #1:
- No.
Me:
- lol, no.
*CPU - NonStandard dropped from the game.

Also this reminds me one of the enemy's fastest *gameplay-driven* ragequits I witnessed at all: when I am the first who reach the garrison at the mid of some map.

Cons, cocktail, cons, at nade.

The next different type of unit was probably a ML-20 howitzer :guyokay:
25 Jun 2019, 09:24 AM

Ok here's another one.

I once played with a guy who built no units. with his start pio he built caches on every point. then he built t1 and t2. then he got a arty officer which he positioned in base the whole time. then he built t3 and t4. at this point we were like 15/20min in the game. then he built a panther which he immediately lost ofc., as he drove into a wall of tank destroyers and at guns. then he built another panther and the same happened.

then he left the game
25 Jun 2019, 14:09 PM

Confirmed with "CPU - Standard" that he is a pro COH2 LOL. I had a random guy who was playing soviets and first unit he build was 2 mortars and fuel caches. I just watch his mortar die and his caches destroyed only to see him rage quit.
25 Jun 2019, 18:04 PM

- if you dont follow his commands ("we all rush to fuel, nobody goes to ammo or VP point!") or dont follow his ping spam

CPU-Nonstandard plays a lot, I've had several matches with and against him in the last couple of days since I started playing again. I didn't realize how volatile he was until he started pinging a VP over and over. At the time, I just had one rifle squad there (everything else repairing/reinforcing from last battle). On the other side was a MG-42 in green cover. He kept pinging until I typed "That's what I would do if I was stupid..." which didn't get a warm response.

I did have something that would've been funny happen yesterday, if it had happened to someone else. I had a teammate say "I'm going Calliopes." I assumed that meant he would get one or two. No, once he got the CP's for Calliopes, he built nothing else. I looked over at his side of the map when it was collapsing and saw a mass of Colliopes in the backline, at least until the teammate on his side collapsed and someone dove a P4 and Panther into the mass of Calliopes.
25 Jun 2019, 18:10 PM

Confirmed with "CPU - Standard" that he is a pro COH2 LOL. I had a random guy who was playing soviets and first unit he build was 2 mortars and fuel caches. I just watch his mortar die and his caches destroyed only to see him rage quit.

Just won a 1:04 match on Essen where the other player on my side had a build order of rifle, IR pathfinder, mortar, mortar.......Spent most of the next hour getting pummeled by two players. I think I lost around 300 models.
25 Jun 2019, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2019, 18:10 PMGrumpy

Just won a 1:04 match on Essen where the other player on my side had a build order of rifle, IR pathfinder, mortar, mortar.......Spent most of the next hour getting pummeled by two players. I think I lost around 300 models.

At least he built two infantry from the beginning :hansGG::hansREKT:
25 Jun 2019, 20:35 PM

At least he built two infantry from the beginning :hansGG::hansREKT:

You're right, I'm clearly being too negative......
His fifth unit was an ambulance. I used it several times. I also used his second and third ambulances. He stopped buying them after discovering that they don't make a great front line unit.
25 Jun 2019, 20:44 PM

One thing he also done:

Tell you the enemy factions in the beginning of the game.

His ranking of US faction is also interesting. Sometime he can pop up in the top 200, but sometime he will drop to 1000+. Luckily, he plays Soviets now and didn't see him for a long time.
25 Jun 2019, 20:45 PM

I think one time i played a 2v2 where my ally decided to go tiger ace, which is fine.

Which was not fine was him holding on to it for the next 40 minutes.

I think there is a cast of it on youtube somewhere.
26 Jun 2019, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2019, 20:35 PMGrumpy

You're right, I'm clearly being too negative......
His fifth unit was an ambulance. I used it several times. I also used his second and third ambulances. He stopped buying them after discovering that they don't make a great front line unit.

you're kidding....
5 Jul 2019, 16:21 PM

you're kidding....

I wish.....I saved the game because it was the first time I'd used and IS-2 in years and wanted to watch the replay. My teammates build order was rifle, pathfinder, mortar, mortar, ambulance - which is probably worse. I gave him too much credit for how fast he learned. He actually built five ambulances. He liked building ambulances and recrewing mortars, but didn't believe in infantry so would only have 1 pathfinder as a spotter for the mortars. I didn't notice all the ambulances because I was busy bleeding 268 models in a 1:04 hour game.

I just finished a game where one of the players on the other team kept ragging on his teammate and how the other player was worse than an easy CPU. It was a bit ironic because my teammate left and I was playing with the CPU. The player that did all the complaining did less damage than the other one. The CPU and I won which greatly increased the salt.

PS - The IS-2 seemed as good in the replay as it felt in the game. Even a noob like me managed to keep one alive with some really good RNG that went my way.
8 Jul 2019, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2019, 16:21 PMGrumpy

I wish.....I saved the game because it was the first time I'd used and IS-2 in years and wanted to watch the replay. My teammates build order was rifle, pathfinder, mortar, mortar, ambulance - which is probably worse. I gave him too much credit for how fast he learned. He actually built five ambulances. He liked building ambulances and recrewing mortars, but didn't believe in infantry so would only have 1 pathfinder as a spotter for the mortars. I didn't notice all the ambulances because I was busy bleeding 268 models in a 1:04 hour game.

I just finished a game where one of the players on the other team kept ragging on his teammate and how the other player was worse than an easy CPU. It was a bit ironic because my teammate left and I was playing with the CPU. The player that did all the complaining did less damage than the other one. The CPU and I won which greatly increased the salt.

PS - The IS-2 seemed as good in the replay as it felt in the game. Even a noob like me managed to keep one alive with some really good RNG that went my way.

Its disheartening to see USF player build 2 mortars early game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 18
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak