Login

russian armor

Ostwind's penetrations

PAGES (15)down
22 Jun 2019, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 15:57 PMKirrik

Missing the obvious point again? Re-read this: cooldown between shots is now basically half of what it was before, magazine size was increased from 5 to 7. Do you even understand sheer magnitude of these buffs?

Are you missing the title of this thread? Its about Ostwind vs. Vehicles. The buffs were very strong against infantry, but against tanks a 23% chance of penetrating the weakest medium in the game is not "strong". If you think it is, I dont know what to tell you. That means it fails to pen 3/4 shots regularly, shots which only do 40 damage to begin with....
22 Jun 2019, 16:05 PM

Are you missing the title of this thread? Its about Ostwind vs. Vehicles. The buffs were very strong against infantry, but against tanks a 23% chance of penetrating the weakest medium in the game is not "strong". If you think it is, I dont know what to tell you. That means it fails to pen 3/4 shots regularly, shots which only do 40 damage to begin with....

Did you miss the very first video where 2 Ostwinds wreck T-34 without casualties? You think thats perfectly normal? The reason it's wrecking T-34 is because it shoots twice faster now. Now that it shoots 2x amount of times it's literally 2x stronger against *everything*

Ostwind is turned into better Brummbar at this point, whats the point of getting slow and turretless Brumm which cant chase enemy squads down or fight tanks when you can get Ostwind instead?
22 Jun 2019, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 16:05 PMKirrik

Did you miss the very first video where 2 Ostwinds wreck T-34 without casualties? You think thats perfectly normal?

Nope, I just agree with these posts. Also it was 180 fuel vs 90, I really dont think its the end of the world:

this test is not very representative because the units are stationary.

Compared to the T-34, the Ostwind suffers from worse accuracy on the move.

If the T-34 pulls back and the Ostwinds chase (which is the realistic scenario), the Ostwinds' DPM will drop more drastically than the T-34's and the T34 will actually win quite easily from what I can tell.

If you set up a scenario with the T-34 going backwards and the two Ostwinds chasing, you'll notice they'll barely do any damage to it.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 11:16 AMLago

It's Lanchester's Law. The smaller force takes disproprotionate losses.

If you fight four squads with two squads, you won't trade evenly. You'll lose both and they'll lose one.

It's why blobbing is so effective.

Your test is equivalent to throwing four Ostwinds at the T-34 in succession.

How about instead of giving me attitude about what you think I've missed, you just explain your point of view without being rude
22 Jun 2019, 16:15 PM

but if centuar beats ost shouldn't by kir logic be not only a thermonuclear bomb but a black hole bomb ?

i guess ignoring everything other say and only pushing ur point through is ur only way
22 Jun 2019, 16:18 PM

Nope, I just agree with these posts. Also it was 180 fuel vs 90, I really dont think its the end of the world:

How about instead of giving me attitude about what you think I've missed, you just explain your point of view without being rude

These posts imply T-34 should be used to kite 2 Ostwinds, thats an absurd suggestion which in many cases impossible if you're defending side, leaving Ostwinds to shred infantry in seconds while schreckblob or even simple Grenadiers could move forward and threaten with snare not allowing T-34 to re-engage in first place. Here's the bottom line: Two Ostwind killing a medium tank without taking casualties is ridiculous and it shows how overbuffed Ostwind is. Just like JLI it became brain-dead A-move unit that counter units that supposed to counter them.
22 Jun 2019, 16:20 PM

but if centuar beats ost shouldn't by kir logic be not only a thermonuclear bomb but a black hole bomb ?

i guess ignoring everything other say and only pushing ur point through is ur only way

I have no idea what you're trying to prove. I compared 2 Ostwinds vs T-34 to 2 Centaurs vs P4. I never compared them directly, you're the only one here trying to disprove something that I never even said or claimed
22 Jun 2019, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 16:18 PMKirrik

These posts imply T-34 should be used to kite 2 Ostwinds, thats an absurd suggestion which in many cases impossible if you're defending side, leaving Ostwinds to shred infantry in seconds while schreckblob or even simple Grenadiers could move forward and threaten with snare not allowing T-34 to re-engage in first place. Here's the bottom line: Two Ostwind killing a medium tank without taking casualties is ridiculous and it shows how overbuffed Ostwind is. Just like JLI it became brain-dead A-move unit that counter units that supposed to counter them.
no need to kite just be on the move ostwind is only accurate if it's near and not moving
22 Jun 2019, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 16:05 PMKirrik
Did you miss the very first video where 2 Ostwinds wreck T-34 without casualties?

And now here is a video I just recorded of two Ostwinds doing almost nothing to a T-34, while moving, across half the map. Hope you can handle this.

22 Jun 2019, 16:25 PM

Two Ostwind killing a medium tank without taking casualties is ridiculous and it shows how overbuffed Ostwind is.

And as was pointed out by Sander, it wouldn't happen like that at all in an actual real-game situation. The Ostwinds moving accuracy is terrible.

The t34 is the worst armored medium in the game. An in-vacuum test against Ostwinds means very little, as many have explained.

And now here is a video I just recorded of two Ostwinds doing almost nothing to a T-34, while moving, across half the map. Hope you can handle this.

Much appreciated! Meaning both the video and your work on the patch
22 Jun 2019, 16:25 PM

watch kir ignore this proof too :luvCarrot:
22 Jun 2019, 16:26 PM

Two Ostwind killing a medium tank without taking casualties is ridiculous and it shows how overbuffed Ostwind is.

Two Panzer IIs beat a T-70. Two Greyhounds beat a Puma.

Two Ostwinds reliably beating a T-34/76 wouldn't be unusual if were actually a thing.

But I've repeated the test in the OP several times and the Ostwinds usually lose, which suggests to me that this issue is more forum rage than fact.
22 Jun 2019, 16:27 PM

Now try that test on an actual map with buildings and forest, that T-34 would start spinning in circles after first couple of seconds allowing Ostwinds to bumrush it , assuming they wont just flank it in first place
22 Jun 2019, 16:30 PM

You don't need to move them. The Ostwinds usually lose even when stationary.

They can win, but they have to be super lucky on the penetration rolls.
22 Jun 2019, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 16:27 PMKirrik

Now try that test on an actual map with buildings and forest, that T-34 would start spinning in circles after first couple of seconds

How about you try to play as Ost and show us a video of you kiting mediums with 2x ostwind in an actual game? Or get a video of it happening to you?

If you literally add just one con squad to the mix for an at-nade, which is reasonable if the ostwinds are chasing the t34, the ostwinds are fucked.
22 Jun 2019, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 16:30 PMLago

You don't need to move them. The Ostwinds usually lose even when stationary.

They can win, but they have to be super lucky on the penetration rolls.

They attack fast enough that even if T-34 pens them every shot (which is not even guaranteed) Ostwinds are the ones who usually win, one of them standing alive
22 Jun 2019, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 16:27 PMKirrik
Now try that test on an actual map with buildings and forest, that T-34 would start spinning in circles after first couple of seconds allowing Ostwinds to bumrush it , assuming they wont just flank it in first place

ok here is video in forest area

22 Jun 2019, 16:38 PM

u forgot to put mines, anti tank trap , etc :luvCarrot::romeoMug:
22 Jun 2019, 16:38 PM

ok here is video in forest area

So you just proved what I said? Even in that video when RNG was on T-34 side and every shot on the move hit Ostwinds, they still won. In fact it would be even easier win you just stopped second Ostwind forcing T-34 to spin, it would be much clearer victory
22 Jun 2019, 16:39 PM

u forgot to put mines, anti tank trap , etc :luvCarrot::romeoMug:

No, we are clearly only testing scenarios in which the T-34 player has 0 micro skills and has no other units or defenses.
22 Jun 2019, 16:40 PM

sander im sorry to ask u but could u show the same excat thing but with 2 AEC vs 1 ostwind ? i think like that he will shut up
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS