Login

russian armor

New comp

12 Dec 2012, 16:25 PM

Samsung 840 Pro would be my top choice for ssd. Great performance and reliability. They make a cheaper 840 non-pro version of the ssd, but for the price you would be better off getting the older 830 series instead.
12 Dec 2012, 16:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

But having more space on your SSD does make it faster, so why not get a bigger one?

SSD's dont spin and therefore dont have the same slow down issues of standard drives. They will slow down very slightly when they get near full due to garbage collection but not like a standard drive. IMO, if you have 20GB of free space you're good. If you only have 10GB free then id look at a bigger drive.
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 21:40 PM
Admin Black Badge

Here's what I imagine for now.

I still have no clue for the case though, could you give me some example of generally speaking good one, with special attention to silence.

As for other stuff, does it look good? It's more or less what we suggested on this topic.

For RAM I asked above, I picked 2*8 for possible evolution instead of 4*4, dunno if it makes difference?

For the SSD, the 840 pro is almost double price... Is it really worth it?

For the GPU I have no clue which brand to choose, does it really make a difference?

And for people in Europe, do you know possible places where I could find prices lower than this (not too far from Beligum for transport fee)?
12 Dec 2012, 21:49 PM

I'll prolly buy all the parts here http://www.alternate.com/ and put it together with a friend of mine. But I doubt it's the cheapest ^^

And 4*4 is faster than 2*8 yes
12 Dec 2012, 21:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2012, 21:40 PMSeb

And for people in Europe, do you know possible places where I could find prices lower than this (not too far from Beligum for transport fee)?

Rue Montgallet in Paris ( http://www.rue-montgallet.com/ ). Your motherboard and your proc are each roughly 40€ cheaper there (I didn't check the rest of your stuff). I basically assembled all of my PCs with parts from that place :p

As for the brand for the GPU you'll be better off with a good brand (like MSI, BFG, or eVGA) as they will offer a more reliable product with often greater performance. They tend to be more expensive though :p
12 Dec 2012, 22:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2012, 21:40 PMSeb
Here's what I imagine for now.
I still have no clue for the case though, could you give me some example of generally speaking good one, with special attention to silence.

You can really choose any, that has enough air openings and a case cooler. If the stock cooler is crap, get a cheap one from Skythe for a few bucks to replace it. I payed 30 bucks for my case and its silent.

For the GPU I have no clue which brand to choose, does it really make a difference?

As far as i know, most manifacturers stay close to the standard architecture. The notable difference is the cooler which they use and the software bundle. So i'd watch out for one with efficient silent cooling. Some overclock by default, so you get some better performance including warranty for 2 years, if thats what you're searching for.

In germany, when i order a whole system, www.mindfactory.de usually has the cheapest average price for all products combined. dunno whether they send to belgium though.

edit: regarding your power supply, i think you can get away with good quality for a much cheaper price. I can suggest you the Corsair TX modular series. Its very reliable, modular and runs at 100€ only for the 700W variant.
12 Dec 2012, 22:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Looks good Seb. 2X8GB is superior to 4X4GB. Performance is not the reason though, there is no true performance difference. Populating all the ram slots puts more stress on the memory controller is the reason.

For the SSD if you can swing the extra cash for the 840 Pro I'd do it.

For the case, I really like Lian-Li and Corsair. Check out those two brands and im sure something will jump out at you.
12 Dec 2012, 22:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

12 Dec 2012, 22:31 PM

The 840 pro review I based my decision off of.
Tom's Hardware

I couldn't find any well structured reviews for the 840 non-pro version.
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 22:40 PM
Admin Black Badge

Unfortunately going to Paris to buy computer would cost me just as much in transport as would be the price difference on the components, not to mention the time it would take, so it's kinda not possible.

That german site though looks interesting. Also it seems you only pay 19% tax instead of 21 here. Overall everything seems cheaper there, almost 30€ on the power supply for example that kinda huge. Indeed I can ship for 30€ which around the same as the french website I usually use.

That link you gave, it's almost 300€ difference, though you mixed up some stuff (ssd only 128, not the same power, not the same RAM and GPU brand). Still I think every part is a little bit cheaper so it might be really worth it overall like 100-200€ easily which is huge.
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 22:44 PM
Admin Black Badge

Also I went through the process on the german site to test and I think it validated a command, I'm not going to pay either way but is there a way I can cancel it after they sent the confirmation mail?
12 Dec 2012, 22:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

umn, if you created an account on that page you can manage your orders. I don't know how to do it if you just order as an unregistered user. Doesn't it say in the mail?
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 23:15 PM
Admin Black Badge

Well the only issue is that I don't really speak german. :p But I am registered user. But apparently it doesnt matter, I'm just going to ignore that one.

Btw replacing the ssd by the pro, I'm still at 30€ less on that site! Most likely going this way.
12 Dec 2012, 23:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

just pay attention to the number of available pieces. They don't take out items they dont have in stock, which can delay shipment by a while (had this happening once, took two extra weeks :/). Make sure it says ">5 Lagernd"
12 Dec 2012, 23:29 PM

I'll prolly buy all the parts here http://www.alternate.com/ and put it together with a friend of mine. But I doubt it's the cheapest ^^

And 4*4 is faster than 2*8 yes

alternate is pretty expensive but got good service

Seb
12 Dec 2012, 23:35 PM
Admin Black Badge

Fuck I'm glad you told that... I'm a little bit less happy now that I see some are 1 St. and others even planned for 17.12 :(
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 23:42 PM
Admin Black Badge

Also what is Verfügbar?

And do I automatically benefit from this : http://www.mindfactory.de/Highlights/NVIDIA_AC3_Gratis/background_true

And is there any other stuff I could benefit from or need to pay attention to?
12 Dec 2012, 23:54 PM

verfügbar = in stock

if you need help come online xfire/steam

also if you want to check the cheapest prices you can use gh.de
Seb
12 Dec 2012, 23:59 PM
Admin Black Badge

Ok thank you.

For case, corsair carbide 500r good?
Seb
13 Dec 2012, 00:03 AM
Admin Black Badge

Total is € 1.531,24

See any issue? I have to wait until 17/12/2012 right? Can it become longer?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
unknown 33
Germany 431
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %