Login

russian armor

What do you find Un-fun about coh2?

19 Jun 2019, 05:29 AM

I think the game is pretty well balanced right now, but some things can get annoying to deal with, like panther, Jackson or Churchill spam, Elephants in team games, shock troop spam, B4s, and bad luck with RNG

What do you find annoying about the game?
19 Jun 2019, 06:24 AM

Just powercreep in general. Everything has been buffed to insane degrees, and it's gotten worse with WFA/UKF and even with recent patches. OST/SOV was pretty close to ideal before WFA came out, but then we got Volks blobs, rifle blobs, double LMG/Bar blobs, and then UKF added bren blobs.

I'd really like to see all of that rolled back, to where an LMG-gren represented the MOST effective medium/long range infantry squad, and where PPSH-Cons were pretty good at close range. That was a pretty ideal "best close range" and "best long range" setup; just balance Rifles/Volks/InfantrySections to be in that range.

Instead, now cons/grens are kind of a joke, replaced by Penals,PGrens/AGrens and a massive collection of off-map elite infantry. Same can be said for the current state of panther/jackson spam, and heavies absurd HP/Armor pool.

It'll never happen, though.
19 Jun 2019, 06:58 AM

Units retreating and even getting suppressed inside buildings by Soviet propaganda.
19 Jun 2019, 07:15 AM

The one thing I never had any problems with until razer moved my mouse to legacy devices and no longer supported it.

Fucking keybinds.

Sadly, I don't have 3 hands to cover all the needed keys.
19 Jun 2019, 11:32 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I do really miss the more tactical aspects of the game. Mainly the old formations, squadai, and damage system. The very buggy animations and such also sour my taste. All that and the restricted modding has made me enjoy the game much less than I did years ago.
19 Jun 2019, 11:55 AM

Just powercreep in general. Everything has been buffed to insane degrees, and it's gotten worse with WFA/UKF and even with recent patches. OST/SOV was pretty close to ideal before WFA came out, but then we got Volks blobs, rifle blobs, double LMG/Bar blobs, and then UKF added bren blobs.

I agree that power level has been increased too much for my taste.
19 Jun 2019, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2019, 11:32 AMLugie
I do really miss the more tactical aspects of the game. Mainly the old formations, squadai, and damage system. The very buggy animations and such also sour my taste. All that and the restricted modding has made me enjoy the game much less than I did years ago.

The squad AI on unit movement was super annoying in CoH 1 trying to keep all your Riflemen in cover. Inevitably one of them would just run around to the other side of the sandbags and get shit for no reason. But the new system where soldiers only move exactly when told to and don’t to the bounding movements on their own like they used to makes the game feel less authentic and more like a game. I know it was gotten rid of in the name of balance and “high level competitive e-sports appeal, but that’s not what this game is about. What made it good was the pseudo realism and authentic “feel”. That’s pretty much gone now that the game has been focused more towards the competitive appeal.

I do love watching high level play, especially in tournaments, but vCoH was able to retain its immersion and do the same thing.
19 Jun 2019, 13:54 PM

Arty spam in team games. Urgh.
19 Jun 2019, 14:26 PM

Walking Stukas wipe potential. All other rocket arties give you at least some kind of chance to react, even panzerwerfer which also shoots its volley really fast. But stukas...

Maybe I am heavily Allies-biased, maybe OKW actually need such strong rocket arty but it's still un-fun for me personally, as the question inquires
19 Jun 2019, 14:36 PM

The wiping consistency of grenades and mortars. I truly love the RNG of this game, it works so well in a game of war where things like weapon jams or a vehicle critical can turn the tide of the battle. But when it comes to grenades, you never know if you can stand in and take the hit. I had 8 models killed from a single OST rifle grenade yesterday because my dumbass didnt path them correctly during a flank. Other times I'll make the same mistake and lose two. Just annoying sometimes but really not a major major complaint.
19 Jun 2019, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2019, 11:32 AMLugie

I can tell you right now that the much more restricted modding of CoH2 is what put off some of my modder friends that went back to CoH.

You can just create an entirely new and different game if you just know how and have the time, not so here so I can't agree enough with you.
19 Jun 2019, 15:22 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Telling squads to recrew weapons or get in houses and they just dance around it like theres a plague around it.
19 Jun 2019, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2019, 11:55 AMVipper

I agree that power level has been increased too much for my taste.

kinda funny cuz from many 1v1 casters you hear that they think everything has been nerfed too hard and thats why most 1v1 tournament games last up to 1 hour in their opinion.
19 Jun 2019, 15:35 PM

The squad AI on unit movement was super annoying in CoH 1 trying to keep all your Riflemen in cover. Inevitably one of them would just run around to the other side of the sandbags and get shit for no reason.

agree, the squad AI in vCoH gave me cancer
19 Jun 2019, 15:48 PM

kinda funny cuz from many 1v1 casters you hear that they think everything has been nerfed too hard and thats why most 1v1 tournament games last up to 1 hour in their opinion.

I personally wouldnt agree with that logic, I think its a good thing. Like at launch many Ost games were won quickly simply by getting FHT out, or Soviets if they got a KV8 at a certain timming.

Single unit shouldnt be so strong at any point that its virtually an instant win button.
19 Jun 2019, 15:51 PM

I would say the Zis gun bug and Maxim death loop is annoying.
19 Jun 2019, 15:52 PM

I personally wouldnt agree with that logic, I think its a good thing. Like at launch many Ost games were won quickly simply by getting FHT out, or Soviets if they got a KV8 at a certain timming.

Single unit shouldnt be so strong at any point that its virtually an instant win button.

I totally agree, Im not a fan of 10-20 minutes matches either like it was the standard in CoH1 or used to be in CoH2
19 Jun 2019, 16:11 PM

Depends compared to what. In addition caster like cheese impressive things.

Things like Sturmtiger deleting a hole army might be nice to cast but I am happy the "cheese" has been removed.

On the other hand the power level of infantries available early is allot higher than it used be.
19 Jun 2019, 16:13 PM

19 Jun 2019, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2019, 16:11 PMVipper
Depends compared to what. In addition caster like cheese impressive things.

Things like Sturmtiger deleting a hole army might be nice to cast but I am happy the "cheese" has been removed.

On the other hand the power level of infantries available early is allot higher than it used be.

Pretty much; while a lot of the vehicle gimmicks (except panther/jackson/heavy spam) have been fixed (compared to vCoH2), infantry has just gotten stronger and stronger.

It would be nice to see a balance patch that says "reduced power of XYZ infantry to bring it in line", rather than further buffs to weaker units (the most recent patch buffed PGrens).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★