Login

russian armor

New Commander Update Patch June 14th

PAGES (14)down
17 Jun 2019, 13:10 PM

Not bugged. It has 7/6/5 penetration. AP rounds give +200% pen so 21/18/15 pen. That's great for killing half tracks and 222s but the Luchs has 55 armor. That's a 38%/33%/27% chance to pen for 10 damage per bullet vs Luch's 400 health. DSHK also has pretty low ROF and burst durations.

The M2HB barely does any damage to a Luchs either and its AP ability gives increased damage too.

As for Ostwind versus light vehicles, I wouldn't call this melting (15:15m):

If it has 15 pen on max range per round every 4th round should pen and do damage. As I said. I had a dshk shooting at a Luchs for like 20 seconds and it did nothing despite being on AP rounds. How is this possible. It felt like the AP rounds were not activating despite using the ability.

And for the clip: Both vehicles were moving and the Ostwind missed most of it´s long-range shots. Close the distance and stop moving and voila it will melt them.
17 Jun 2019, 13:15 PM

The ostwind shoots WAY faster than before due to the decreased cool down and fires more rounds before it reloads. That´s why it does more damage. It does not take rocket sciene to understand it.
that logic would work vs infantry but vs light vehicle most shoots still bounce as shown in the clip

it still has less pen thant t 70
17 Jun 2019, 13:19 PM

that logic would work vs infantry but vs light vehicle most shoots still bounce as shown in the clip

it still has less pen thant t 70

If you do 10 damage in 10 shots, but now in time you shoot 10 shots can shoot 20 shots due to a change, you're now going to do 20 damage in the same time you would previously do only 10.
The equal amount of shots bounces, the damage of individual shot is the exact same, the DPS is increased by 100% in the example.

Same applies to ostwinds change.

Its not really a hard concept to get, I can't see why you struggle with it so much.
17 Jun 2019, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2019, 13:19 PMKatitof

If you do 10 damage in 10 shots, but now in time you shoot 10 shots can shoot 20 shots due to a change, you're now going to do 20 damage in the same time you would previously do only 10.
The equal amount of shots bounces, the damage of individual shot is the exact same, the DPS is increased by 100% in the example.

Same applies to ostwinds change.

Its not really a hard concept to get, I can't see why you struggle with it so much.
yes but from doing almost nothing to melting LV would require a bigger change than being able to shoot 2 more round before reloading and a 0.3 CD buff
17 Jun 2019, 13:24 PM

I am glad that Ostwind is fixed after all this time. At least it is a viable option now!
17 Jun 2019, 13:32 PM

If it has 15 pen on max range per round every 4th round should pen and do damage. As I said. I had a dshk shooting at a Luchs for like 20 seconds and it did nothing despite being on AP rounds. How is this possible. It felt like the AP rounds were not activating despite using the ability.

These are the results of DSHK armor piercing (full 30s) vs Luchs:

Seems like it's working to me.

And for the clip: Both vehicles were moving and the Ostwind missed most of it´s long-range shots. Close the distance and stop moving and voila it will melt them.

Sounds like a pretty realistic scenario to me. Ostwind stationary within small distance of light vehicle (also stationary I guess) less so.

17 Jun 2019, 14:25 PM

These are the results of DSHK armor piercing (full 30s) vs Luchs:

Seems like it's working to me.

Sounds like a pretty realistic scenario to me. Ostwind stationary within small distance of light vehicle (also stationary I guess) less so.

Yes...and in my game the Dshk didnt do anything to the Luchs despite 20 seconds of non stop firing. Which is why I said it´s probably bugged. (Another buggy soviet team weapon, who would have thought). Too bad I didnt save the replay. Would have loved to show you.
17 Jun 2019, 14:28 PM

yes but from doing almost nothing to melting LV would require a bigger change than being able to shoot 2 more round before reloading and a 0.3 CD buff

The Ostwind never did "almost" nothing. And yes 0.3 CD buff is a huge deal in this case. It went down from 0.5-0.7 so now it shoots twice as fast on average.
17 Jun 2019, 16:48 PM

The Ostwind never did "almost" nothing. And yes 0.3 CD buff is a huge deal in this case. It went down from 0.5-0.7 so now it shoots twice as fast on average.
can we have a video of it doing it ? someone already posted one of ostwind doing OK vs lv not like u say
17 Jun 2019, 16:59 PM

can we have a video of it doing it ? someone already posted one of ostwind doing OK vs lv not like u say

When I see it in game I will show you. Never recorded it yet and didnt save replays of the last games.
17 Jun 2019, 17:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Luchs is way faster than Centaur. Meanwhile LVs can´t just escape the Ostwind by driving away. Unless you get lucky and the Ostwind doesn´t hit it absolutly does melt any LV. Not sure what game you are playing.

Offensively the Ostwind is now as good as the Centaur. Defensively, Ostwind trades armor for speed as the Centaur still has a decent chance to bounce p4 shots, while I've never seen a Ostwind bounce even zook shots. Ostwind armor is light as Stuart armor I think. Hence I think Ostwind is powerful, but in a good spot now as it's a threat that can no longer be taken lightly and can be used to punish the allied player if he lets Ost get a fuel advantage in the early-midgame.
17 Jun 2019, 17:31 PM

Sharing this since we're talking about Ostwind v light tanks and this cracked me up.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentCrowdedPigKippa
17 Jun 2019, 18:16 PM

In case you guys needed any more evidence as to why the 12 minute 0CP tiger is not OK...

16 minute base rush.

And to people saying it's not a problem because at that point the game is over already, you are the reason that people quit games after 5 minutes because they lost a squad.

I'd prefer to encourage people to play on despite losing both fuels in hope of a comeback, something that isn't that rare, but will be when they can just bum rush your base with 3 tigers just because you lost both fuel points for 4 minutes.
17 Jun 2019, 20:52 PM

Yeah, because obviously if they had spammed Pz4s they wouldn't have won that game at that point.

17 Jun 2019, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2019, 20:52 PMFarlion
Yeah, because obviously if they had spammed Pz4s they wouldn't have won that game at that point.

The tigers cost 230-250 fuel dude, and tier 4 is only 25 fuel. So we'd have 3 panzer 4s (instead of 3 tigers) at the same point, but instead we had 3 tigers. We wouldn't have any more panzer 4s at the 12 minute, true we'd nearly be able to afford a second but you can't afford any more. And you have to factor in build time, which the tiger doesn't have.

True we'd probably have won the game anyway. But the tiger is more effective against all targets and less easy to deal with, has more armour, requires more snares. In a game I played before as UKF I rushed for an achilles, which could have happily fought off 2 panzer 4s when backed up. This is not the case when fighting a tiger.
17 Jun 2019, 22:57 PM

Preliminary thoughts:

Ostheer:
  • 0cp Tigers make no sense when other doctrines have to wait until 13cp, especially for Tiger Aces. This shouldn't have made it out the gate (as the evidence shows). But I am glad for a less ridiculous Tiger Ace.
  • Ostheer having MGs and assault infantry in tier 1 makes them more potent than OKW. Can't have both imo, other factions have to pay fuel for that combo. Also undermines assault grenadiers. Could always move the MG42 out to tier 2, but...
  • PGs were fine where they were — with their halftracks. A better option would be buffing pioneer MP-40s — combined with the satchel charges they'll be quite useful.
  • PGs should get their combined arms upgrade in any deck but still have to pay for it like in Infantry Doctrine rather than it being tied to veterancy — they already get smoke grenades which are buffed at vet 3 on top of that. Approaching the ridiculous.
  • Fine with the Ostwind; it's supposed to be a dangerous piece of work and I missed using it. And I can finally start using assault grenadiers again too.
  • Mobile Observation Posts strike me as their answer to OKW IR halftracks. Do the germans really need two of these? I guess it gives halftracks another use but they already had one.
  • StuG buffs? Great!

Soviet:
  • Can't see why Guard Airborne get a free PPSH upgrade, especially when it grants new abilities. Should have a small ammo cost. Kinda exploitable right now because it can be changed so quickly. 3 DP-28s is also excessive and expensive. Scale it back to 2 and lower the price.
  • It's nice to have engineers with SVTs, albeit only in 1 doctrine. The dps boost makes them more useful... and they're not good for much else (not even sandbags!). Would be nice for them to get SVTs stock. (I can dream right?)
  • Conscript buffs are welcome but the AT upgrade feels a bit too cheap, 15 ammo instead.
  • Not overly concerned with the SU-76 yet. Don't care about M-42 debuff and M5 buff is welcome.

Haven't played other factions yet.
18 Jun 2019, 03:00 AM

After intentionally playing with the rocket strafe more, I am liking it. Though I think the UI is partially to blame with why people dislike it.

You really have to use it kind like the ST where you aim the start at the end of the tank, so I don't blame anyone for aiming "on" the tank and only seeing 1 rocket land.
18 Jun 2019, 12:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Not sure if anyone said this yet but the strafe on airborne guards has no hotkey and the hotkey for OKW tiger ace ability and artillery call in is the same (C)

18 Jun 2019, 12:25 PM

Preliminary thoughts:
  • 0cp Tigers make no sense when other doctrines have to wait until 13cp, especially for Tiger Aces. This shouldn't have made it out the gate (as the evidence shows). But I am glad for a less ridiculous Tiger Ace.

• PGs should get their combined arms upgrade in any deck but still have to pay for it like in Infantry Doctrine rather than it being tied to veterancy — they already get smoke grenades which are buffed at vet 3 on top of that. Approaching the ridiculous.

• 3 DP-28s is also excessive and expensive. Scale it back to 2 and lower the price.

For the record:
- Tigers were changed because all heavy tanks are supposed to get the same treatment next big balance patch.
- Panzergrenadiers do not have smoke grenades by default. They get them from the "Breakthrough Equipment" ability in the Strategic Reserves commander.
- Why are 3 DP-28s excessive and expensive? They're cheaper than 2x M1919s for Paratroopers (120MU) while giving roughly the same DPS. DP-28s are pretty bad LMGs, that's why they get 3.
18 Jun 2019, 12:51 PM

Not sure if anyone said this yet but the strafe on airborne guards has no hotkey and the hotkey for OKW tiger ace ability and artillery call in is the same (C)

post on bug thread
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight