Login

russian armor

What is people obsession with panthers?

13 Jun 2019, 17:37 PM

Is it some kinda of magic tank, that destroys everything?
13 Jun 2019, 17:43 PM

Is it some kinda of magic tank, that destroys everything?

Its very user friendly, being fast, well armoured with decent health and range. Plus very good vet.

Personally I prefer the Pz4 when playing as OKW as it is more than potent enough to handle most allied armour while having decent AI.
13 Jun 2019, 18:19 PM

It a expensive tank both for ost and okw at the end of the tech tiers. And ost t4 according to some is a premium tier. Hence the logic the panther should be the pinnacle of tanks. But total tech cost of other factions doesnt support that to my knowlidge.

Its already a beast. It just doesnt get to bounce at round from td,s and field guns as much anymore.
For some reason that means its up. Not that it can take a beating, dive in/get away real quick and can pen almost anything.
13 Jun 2019, 18:27 PM

To me it should be like a bit better against inf. The rest is fine.
13 Jun 2019, 20:04 PM

Oh you know, its big, its expensive, its german, so it should automatically win against everything regardless of circumstances and whatever.
Oh, and obviously, krupp stahl!
13 Jun 2019, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2019, 20:04 PMKatitof
Oh you know, its big, its expensive, its german, so it should automatically win against everything regardless of circumstances and whatever.

This is really good :) I laughed my head off :) Super stuff :)

But seriously - I feel panther is ok - it should get some more AI capability (not like HE sherman or other infantry killers), just like I wrote, similar AI performance to a light vehicle. It's just crazy to see players use an expensive and requiring a lot of tech tank as a ram instead of relaying on MGs. It should be a solid anti tank tank but unlike tank destroyers have less range (which it has) with some anty inf capabilities.

I don't thing ppl want a tank that auto wins but compared to a some allied TDs and other tanks it just feels strange to use it as neither a TD nor AI - sort of TD with shorter range than other TDs and almost zero AI capability. Like a lot of HP with that can die really quickly when snared.
14 Jun 2019, 06:40 AM

But seriously - I feel panther is ok - it should get some more AI capability (not like HE sherman or other infantry killers), just like I wrote, similar AI performance to a light vehicle. It's just crazy to see players use an expensive and requiring a lot of tech tank as a ram instead of relaying on MGs. It should be a solid anti tank tank but unlike tank destroyers have less range (which it has) with some anty inf capabilities.

I don't thing ppl want a tank that auto wins but compared to a some allied TDs and other tanks it just feels strange to use it as neither a TD nor AI - sort of TD with shorter range than other TDs and almost zero AI capability. Like a lot of HP with that can die really quickly when snared.

The current allied td preformance stems purely from the fact that the kt is non doc and not limited to one per game. The fact the panthers just bounced off td round after td round at that time did not help either.

Now because of the td buff panther and kt feel up. Because they cant own like they used to.
14 Jun 2019, 07:28 AM

The current allied td preformance stems purely from the fact that the kt is non doc and not limited to one per game. The fact the panthers just bounced off td round after td round at that time did not help either.

Now because of the td buff panther and kt feel up. Because they cant own like they used to.

It's all true. I completely agree. Still a lot of players seem to think there's something wrong with a tank that requires so much tech and is expensive. I'd try a better mg option still
14 Jun 2019, 12:39 PM

Give it a second gun barrel and we got an Apocalypse tank!
14 Jun 2019, 13:34 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Give it a second gun barrel and we got an Apocalypse tank!

The Landkreuzer P1000 "Ratte" would like a word with you

14 Jun 2019, 15:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess guinnungagap was Katitof all along!

Close enough i guess.
24 Jun 2019, 12:56 PM

I guess guinnungagap was Katitof all along!

Close enough i guess.

Oh shit. I'm loving this. Lololol

Panther :
- It having weak AI is bad? Try Jackson's AI. It's worse! Lolol. SU85's AI?
- I do think it should have it's MGs improved, tho. 3x MGs ought to hurt.
- In-game Panther goes unrealistically fast in reverse esp w blitzkrieg.
Although, this is true of all tanks in COH (The Reverse). I like Spearhead tank speed best.
- Real-life Panther had 90' of AMAZING-BETTER-THAN-TIGER armor. COH has given it DOUBLE
the good armor coverage of real life (180' instead of 90') side and rear armor were weak.
It shouldn't have godly health. I'd be for lowering the health to 800? And weakening the
rear armor a bit more (although now, after last nerf, it feels kinda okay)(If it has double
the godly front armor, it ought to have even weaker rear armor to compensate, hm?)

So I'd go...
- Change blitz so it improves rate of fire, but not movement.
- Improve MG (Similar to T34, perhaps) - Keep weak AI on gun (No-HE-on-main-gun)
- Lower health to 800?
- Reduce Rear armor -33%? (But dependant on ratio of front armor)

I feel it's kinda in a good spot right now.
But : - MG too weak, - Health too high, - Speed (esp on reverse w blitz) is too high :)

24 Jun 2019, 19:15 PM

Pfft it's AI with the pintle (along with hull and coax) is already a lot better than a lot of light vehicles.
24 Jun 2019, 21:31 PM

The point of Panther for Ost is to provide flexible manouverable and reliable AT, thats able to chase and kill crippled vehicles, and respond to aggresive armour pushes defesnivley.

Its not meant to be the main AT damage dealer in your army (See: paks, shreks, stug, elefant), all of which are somewhat slow or awkward and need the Panther at times to help finish things.

So it needs armour and speed, it doesnt need DPS for its intended role. So they would be very bad changes.

Its not meant to be spammed. Even 2 is a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★