Login

russian armor

OKW early and allied blobs (3v3)

13 Jun 2019, 11:02 AM

Permanently Banned
So I am mostly looking for basic advice here..
I am not so sure how to get a good advantage early on as OKW mostly against the british or USF because sections feel really strong and hard to engage without green cover at range with volks and USF goes pathspam to 50.cals mostly.. then the game moves on a bit and they blob. Also early shocks are a problem because they dont seem to die

But most importantly.. Mechanized or heal truck?
13 Jun 2019, 11:22 AM

I recommend heal truck. OKW has the worst tools vs blobbing but it's possible to counter it. I think the best way is to play with Ostheer style.... slowly approach with sandbag volks, MG34 and at least 2 LeIgs. LeIgs do not have the best reuputation in coh2 but they are actually awesome at bleeding blobs and countering support weapon spam

Oh, and build the heal truck kinda close to the frontline to increase the pressure... each map has a different "perfect" heal truck spot but usually the first or second standard territory point outside of your base is a good spot.
13 Jun 2019, 13:52 PM

Most of the top level players I watch tend to go with the mechanized in order to get the Panzer II into Puma into command Panther or Walking Stuka. It’s a hard combo to fight against due to a lack of snares for British and it forces the USF player to either buy lots of bazookas, which helps you win the infantry fights but still will bleed manpower, or force him to tech to captain for an ATG which slows the arrival of his tanks. This also leaves USF vulnerable to the walking Stuka if he goes heavy into infantry or team weapons.

Personally when I’m playing as USF I am relieved when my opponent goes heal truck first because it means my Stuart is safe from a puma rush and my infantry are safe from fighting a Panzer II, handing me the advantage in infantry and light vehicle play.
13 Jun 2019, 15:54 PM

Most of the top level players I watch tend to go with the mechanized in order to get the Panzer II into Puma into command Panther or Walking Stuka. It’s a hard combo to fight against due to a lack of snares for British and it forces the USF player to either buy lots of bazookas, which helps you win the infantry fights but still will bleed manpower, or force him to tech to captain for an ATG which slows the arrival of his tanks. This also leaves USF vulnerable to the walking Stuka if he goes heavy into infantry or team weapons.

Personally when I’m playing as USF I am relieved when my opponent goes heal truck first because it means my Stuart is safe from a puma rush and my infantry are safe from fighting a Panzer II, handing me the advantage in infantry and light vehicle play.

Are you sure we are playing the same game? P2 into puma into cmd panther is a common strat in 1v1 but I know 0 top players who use this strat in 3v3. And I know the majority of the top 3v3 players.

And second: No snares for brits??? They have snares since 6 months already
14 Jun 2019, 11:34 AM

Are you sure we are playing the same game? P2 into puma into cmd panther is a common strat in 1v1 but I know 0 top players who use this strat in 3v3. And I know the majority of the top 3v3 players.

>3v3
>top players
pick one
14 Jun 2019, 11:54 AM

>3v3
>top players
pick one

I didnt say top CoH2 player, I said top 3v3 player. L2read

I assume a top player in your eyes is someone who constantly plays 1v1 at high level. Tho it has been proven countless times that top 1v1 players arent necessarily superior in teamgames :)

https://www.coh2.org/replay/53423/ns-vs-helpingvonluvman-r2g1

And in my eyes, CoH2 isnt just 1v1. It's all 4 modes.
14 Jun 2019, 13:33 PM

Lack of snares doesn’t need to mean a complete and total absence of them. It’s just that infantry sections don’t have them so you can bully them with a Panzer II while all other factions mainline infantry can fight back more effectively.

But yeah, I missed the part in the title about it being specifically 3v3 games. There’s no reason Panzer II to Puma wouldn’t still work in a team game though, as long as you then adjust and go for tier 4 afterwards and then command Panther.

If you have a Wehrmacht ally then you could also request him to share his healing bunker by placing it between your bases or even just building you one if he has the spare manpower, much like USF putting the ambulance between the bases. Not viable on all maps due to the distance, but it could be done.
14 Jun 2019, 18:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

invised posts for being offtopic. Take the back and fourth to the PM or coh2 arena
15 Jun 2019, 17:28 PM

Permanently Banned
I recommend heal truck. OKW has the worst tools vs blobbing but it's possible to counter it. I think the best way is to play with Ostheer style.... slowly approach with sandbag volks, MG34 and at least 2 LeIgs. LeIgs do not have the best reuputation in coh2 but they are actually awesome at bleeding blobs and countering support weapon spam

Oh, and build the heal truck kinda close to the frontline to increase the pressure... each map has a different "perfect" heal truck spot but usually the first or second standard territory point outside of your base is a good spot.

so i guess you dont go for the flak but save up for teching? brit blobs are the main issue, if they get too close they will flare the heal truck and their blobs are hard to keep at bay in general. playing as OKW just feels so MP starved that i cant fight back properly.. i tried this though and had moderate luck but end up getting my healtruck flared in the end and overrun by the point i got my cmd panther out
15 Jun 2019, 17:38 PM

so i guess you dont go for the flak but save up for teching? brit blobs are the main issue, if they get too close they will flare the heal truck and their blobs are hard to keep at bay in general. playing as OKW just feels so MP starved that i cant fight back properly.. i tried this though and had moderate luck but end up getting my healtruck flared in the end and overrun by the point i got my cmd panther out

Yeh I usually skip flak halftrack to rush p4 asap. I only get the flak if my opponent is a t1 soviet player.

15 Jun 2019, 17:53 PM

Just deal with it, vs blobbers just hold your line, get to cover/houses and dish as much damage as you can.
as OKW you can just get 2 kubels and drain blobs while slowly reversing.
27 Jun 2019, 15:08 PM

MG34 (2) dont get it static those mgs need to walk behind your volks + mines to hold. until you can get a walking stuka., then., practice walking stuka shots until you can hit a future blob running.
27 Jun 2019, 17:43 PM

>3v3
>top players
pick one

This was a cute joke. I giggled. But seriously listen to Aerafield, his player card says all you need to know. Or watch a replay of the last 4v4 tourney where he played against "top" players and did very well. Sadly SOmE of the other great team game players did not all play in the tourney :(

And dont forget you have a built in option in COH2 called spectate, that lets you watch high level games in all modes all day long. It will surprise you what gets played sometimes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★