Login

russian armor

Centaur or Cromwell?

8 Jun 2019, 17:19 PM

Hi guys,

playing a lot Brits in 1vs1 and just need some expertise. Before i come to my question i want to tell you my commander load out:
- Tactical support (probably replaced by lend lease assault after the patch)
- Vanguard
- Mobile Assault

SO here is my question:
Is the cromwell or the centaur the better choice as the first tank?
I usually build the centaur and back it up with 2 paks but its more out of habit than of conviction.

Thx you in advance!
Smartie
8 Jun 2019, 17:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

If you have anything of a fuel advantage, then the centaur. It simply impacts the field much harder than a cromwell does.

Its a lot harder to use the centaur into an axis medium tank though, so if the map isnt open enough that you can support it with at guns, then the cromwell becomes safer when you dont have the fuel advantage. Honestly, cromwells are probably the weakest/underperforming unit in the faction.
8 Jun 2019, 17:43 PM

cromwells are probably the weakest/underperforming unit in the faction.

Not sure if that is because everything else is so good or Cromwell is so bad.

But tbh I think Comets are worse than Cromwells, considering you can get two Cromwells for the price of one Comet.
9 Jun 2019, 15:44 PM

If you have anything of a fuel advantage, then the centaur. It simply impacts the field much harder than a cromwell does.

Its a lot harder to use the centaur into an axis medium tank though, so if the map isnt open enough that you can support it with at guns, then the cromwell becomes safer when you dont have the fuel advantage. Honestly, cromwells are probably the weakest/underperforming unit in the faction.

I've always gone for Cromwell for that very reason. I tried a Centaur today and wow that thing is so much more effective

You need to build ATG support, but UKF needing to do something other than spam Sections is no bad thing.
16 Sep 2019, 04:21 AM

Centaur is good at one thing, Cromwell sucks at everything so Centaur.
16 Sep 2019, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 04:21 AMCODGUY
Centaur is good at one thing, Cromwell sucks at everything so Centaur.

Eh, it's not awful. It's a cheaper, faster P4 that gets an accuracy upgrade instead of a pintle mount. It's fine against Ostheer.

It's when you compare it to the USF Sherman and the OKW uparmoured P4 that it starts to look a bit on the shit side.
16 Sep 2019, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 17:45 PMLago

Eh, it's not awful. It's a cheaper, faster P4 that gets an accuracy upgrade instead of a pintle mount. It's fine against Ostheer.

It's when you compare it to the USF Sherman and the OKW uparmoured P4 that it starts to look a bit on the shit side.

It really only seems like a good medium tank compared to the T34/76 but the T34/76 is much much cheaper despite it's over all poor preformance as a medium. No way should a Cromwell cost as much as a much better Sherman.

The only time I build and used several Cromwells successfully was when I spammed them to counter Puma spam from an OKW player that had foregoed T3
17 Sep 2019, 09:36 AM

Agreed with Jae's sum up. Centaur has a much more definite impact if you have a resource advantage.

Cromwell is a good infantry crushing tank though and can get away from danger much easier. Centaur's slow speed makes it vulnerable to the Puma.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★