Login

russian armor

Games take too long to find?

14 Oct 2013, 11:24 AM

Permanently Banned
But quite possibly one that is retarding the entire matchmaking system, and limiting your own chances to get into any single one of them, as well as that of others, because it complicates matchmaking due to complicating the systems priorities of what set to keep you in.

Its like the game theory explored in "A Beautiful Mind".
If you are 4 guys all competing for the same girl, you are all mutually excluding each other from achieving that goal. Better to compete for a secondary goal where there is less mutual competition. When you are simultaneously queuing for all 4 game modes, you are simulataneously reducing yours, and others, chances of getting into any single one of them.

Ironically, Nash's doctorate was on "non-cooperative games" theory! :D

TLDR: Concentrate your search on a narrower focus, and you improve your success of reaching it, because you have less competition to achieve it (since your participation is mutually exclusive with others).

Should it keep you in 4v4? Or dump you into 1v1?
If it does that, what happens to the 7 other people still waiting for that 4v4 you just got dumped out of? They end up waiting for another player, in the interim of which possibly another player gets dumped into a 2v2. Ergo ad nauseum.
14 Oct 2013, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2013, 11:06 AMNullist

Try queuing for one only. Maybe it will help.

Unfortunately that may not make a difference overall, unless EVERYONE is queuing for only 1 mode.

From a personal perspective, I dont understand why someone would que for more than 1 game mode at a time. It doesnt really make sense, and I think its more likely its slowing the queuing for EVERYONE rather than speeding it up.

There is more chance that ELO will find me more balanced game, and that I am not searching for game mode no one else is.

Keep in mind I play mostly when there are less than 1000 people playing (according to steamcharts)
and before numbers were removed it used to say anything from 8 to <20 people searching for game.
So searching for 1v1 or 2v2 may be only me......

If i can't get 1v1 game in 5 min, I don't wanna play it at all (its most likely some poor thing that cannot even cap single VP point entire game)

If I am gonna have shit game, might as well not wait for 20 min

makes sense?
14 Oct 2013, 11:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Que however you want.

I have no problems queuing for only 1v1.

Take my advice, or dont. Up to you.
14 Oct 2013, 18:28 PM

Just had this right now. It should be peak hour CET...

14 Oct 2013, 19:34 PM

Permanently Banned
So. Queuing all modes not working for you then?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment