Login

russian armor

Port of hamburg

7 Jun 2019, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2019, 11:10 AMKirrik

And axis players cant invest in Stukas and Werfers LeFHs?, right? Because only allies have acess to artillery.

In almost every game the Germans are spamming artillery, so personally I personally always have a commander with an IL-2 bomb. If you take the Guards commander recon and IL-2 is a much easier game.
7 Jun 2019, 13:03 PM

Would you mind making a quick WIP version that fills up the canals next to the top and bottom victory points and fuels? I think that'd make the map much, much better to play and I'd love to try it out.

STEAM VERSION 1.0:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1763179488

Its not perfect, but functional. I changed a few things with sight blockers and added a building by the North VP to try and balance the large building there already.
7 Jun 2019, 13:47 PM

STEAM VERSION 1.0:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1763179488

Its not perfect, but functional. I changed a few things with sight blockers and added a building by the North VP to try and balance the large building there already.

I checked it out and quite frankly, the potential of these changes is amazing in my opinion.

The map now looks/feels very General Mud to me (but vertical instead of horizontal), which I think is one of the best team games maps. It's very wide, so there's lots of room for flanking and mobile warfare, but the bases are pretty close to the front so retreats aren't that long. It feels very big and yet pretty small. Still plenty of opportunities to turtle, but it'd be easier to dislodge.

This has really opened up the victory points and fuel points. With a bit of tinkering with the muni and some strategic points, I think we could easily make multiple sectors more contestable as well (the muni and 1-2 strat points per side).

For me this would literally make the map ten times better and more fun/engaging to play. Tell me if you want to move forward with the test version and I'll gladly help with suggestions to make a decent first iteration.
7 Jun 2019, 15:18 PM

If we can fix the choke points this map will be AWESOME! I just think this map heavily favors Arty and ISU/ELe/JT game play. Arty can be perfectly safe due to the choke point and defensive design of the map.
8 Jun 2019, 09:16 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hey guys. Some points:

1) In past this map was super south favoured i agree. But with the 2 reworks its way better now.

2) Inf and Pathing got already improved alot.

3) Yes its one of the most played map in automatch.

4) You can't say its Axis / allies op map. Both side have some awesome tools/ units which works perfect on this map. So axis and allies can win.

5) Indeed. Somehow general mud is not really liked from many players, because its super open and you just can blob perfect.

6) Isn't that, what makes 4vs4 special and many people want to play with the units: That a map favours ISU/ELe/JT. (So su85 and co are strong too...)

7) If you personal don't like a camp/ arty map. Fine. You have 4 vetos, use it. I personal have this map banned too, when i play with a tryhard team.
Tho i like to play this map with a normal fun team.

8) Correct there will be 1 map for sure and maybe another 4vs4 map coming for automatch. Not reworked map. New map!
But give us some time pls. 4vs4 Maps need alot of time. 1vs1 maps are easier to do.

P.S. I just say Sittard Summer :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight