Login

russian armor

OKW - Replace Sturmtiger in elite armor doctrine

6 Jun 2019, 14:19 PM

Sturmtiger is useless, replace with buildable brumbarr?
6 Jun 2019, 14:38 PM

I'd go for a StuG III E to be honest, there are also call in voice lines for it.
6 Jun 2019, 18:03 PM

I would take the Brummbaer in a second:)
6 Jun 2019, 19:12 PM

Go OP or go home
6 Jun 2019, 19:25 PM

If anything id love to see panzer 4 battlegroup once more, but its unlikely
6 Jun 2019, 19:48 PM

Maybe just return back old Sturmtiger?
6 Jun 2019, 20:02 PM

I think just remove ST reload debuff and increase armor to 300,make it be OKW AVRE is enough...or increase range make it be mobile B4 will more interesting?
6 Jun 2019, 20:06 PM

I think just remove ST reload debuff and increase armor to 300,make it be OKW AVRE is enough...or increase range make it be mobile B4 will more interesting?

Both of those were discussed to death and both were shot down during the commander revamp patch many months ago sadly. I guess the Sturmtiger is just cursed to be a fat and useless investment as to keep Elite Armor from being a bit more popular of a commander.
6 Jun 2019, 20:07 PM

Yeah it is pretty useless.
6 Jun 2019, 20:14 PM

I find it slightly funny that people are upset that the Sturm Tiger isn’t super good.

An German tank that isn’t super good!? Say it ain’t so!

You mean the real life Sturm Tiger was a dismal failure because it was too expensive and overly specialized and so is the one in game? Lol

Sigh. I kid. I kid. Lol
6 Jun 2019, 20:37 PM

The Sturmtiger is pretty great since the revamp, but it takes time to learn how to use it.
6 Jun 2019, 21:05 PM

Both of those were discussed to death and both were shot down during the commander revamp patch many months ago sadly. I guess the Sturmtiger is just cursed to be a fat and useless investment as to keep Elite Armor from being a bit more popular of a commander.

For balance is a effective but very stupid way…… I think Commander balance should be all single ability is useful but not OP,not give a commander some OP ability and some shit to fill in the blank
6 Jun 2019, 21:23 PM

I would like to see the Command Panther replace it within the commander and then tie it to tech. So we don't have to see Spec Ops every game.
6 Jun 2019, 21:31 PM

I would like to see the Command Panther replace it within the commander and then tie it to tech. So we don't have to see Spec Ops every game.

HEAT rounds and command panthers mark target?
What could ever go wrong with that?
7 Jun 2019, 00:05 AM

HEAT rounds and command panthers mark target?
What could ever go wrong with that?

Obviously those shouldn't be allowed to stack :rofl:
7 Jun 2019, 00:28 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

The Sturmtiger is pretty great since the revamp, but it takes time to learn how to use it.

colliding with terrain every other shot is good?
7 Jun 2019, 04:59 AM

Brummbarr would be best, its useful and balanced already.
7 Jun 2019, 05:50 AM

Or, should they?
7 Jun 2019, 06:44 AM

The way both work means that's impossible.
So, which one you'd like to tell bye bye to?
7 Jun 2019, 07:47 AM

colliding with terrain every other shot is good?

Yes collision issues kinda suck, but you can mostly play around those. Which is why I said you gotta learn how to use it. Avoiding collision shots is something that can be done most of the time, but it takes the correct approach and right way to aim. I can usually get a Sturmtiger to vet 4-5 whenever I use one and it's usually a game changer. Don't expect to get massive hits wiping entire blobs at once (although it's kreygasm when you do get a hit like that) - simply be patient and keep wiping squads one by one. The enemy will be depleted of squads eventually and then you win. The vehicle stun effect on a hit (the AOE for this is really large) is also really good for taking down tanks with other units.

Some tips:
- Always make sure you drive in a straight line to the target. This way the ST will start aiming while slowing down, shaving off a second or two before firing;
- Always aim a bit behind the target. If the shot goes short, you'll still hit the target. If the shot goes far, it will collision with whatever you're aiming for and you'll still hit the target;
- Get used to what parts of a map or objects give trouble with collision and get used to avoiding them. Or crush objects whenever you get the chance;
- Since the ST can fire through trees, try to ambush people with it;
- Never fire up/down a big slope. Either avoid the hill or go to the area that is less sloped (for example, on Hill 400 avoid the south munitions point slope and always the much less sloped part to the north of it to advance and fight)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★