Login

russian armor

OKW core change proposal

23 May 2019, 14:26 PM

- They will still have a snare, the AT-rifle-grenade. Less damage, but more range.

- The hole game is full of bad designed units, which could be solved by moving them to other fractions.
e.g. in my opinion:

- Luchs has to be in Ostheer
- HMG42 has to be in OKW
- leIG18 has to be in Ostheer
- 222 has to be in OKW
- etc.

- leIG18 is a shame of an arty. The AT-roule would be pefect. 50 range, light arty cover.
-> and yes, line-up has to be changed more.

But first, before we touch anything we have to destroy the MG-meter of all fractions. It is simply cancer.

That's a great idea!
By doing that, you irreversibly obliterate balance of not only one, but TWO axis factions, creating massive incoherent mess because reasons!
23 May 2019, 14:27 PM

Lets maybe start at not randomly switching OST and OKW units around? Especially not units like the MG42 which is supposed to be the unit Ost is played around for the first stages of the game. You can´t seriously suggest terrible ideas like that and expect no one to call you out on it.

HMG42 was a T1 unit, there is the min. place it has to be. Why it got moved? Because balance-team was too
incompetent to touch normal german meter like Pios and Grens.

Why PnzGrens get now T0 (T1)? Mybe because on many Maps PaK40 is crap and there has to be a Schreck-unit. Or mybe because Soviets blobb penals and there is no counter to that?

Now look at Ostheer, it has a 222 (good old days a 221) and a Ostwind. God bless now they buff Ostwind, but still, the line-up in T3 is broken. What would be the Optimum? A Panzer3 instead of Panzer4, but we don't have it ingame.

There are many other Things don't fit right, and they tried to fix this lack of units or performance by increase the spectrum of efficiency instead of change the line-up.

-> That is the same Problem for UK as a hole. The fraction is missing important units, so some Things has to be OP. Like Vickers has much DPS, miles-bomb has no min-range is cheap. etc. The Problem is the line-up and the bad "scissors stone paper"-System.
23 May 2019, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2019, 14:26 PMKatitof

That's a great idea!
By doing that, you irreversibly obliterate balance of not only one, but TWO axis factions, creating massive incoherent mess because reasons!

Play the game and then come back, thx.

The range-problems become even bigger in team-games. It isn't because Ele etc. are OP, it has to because line-up isn't possible to deal with normal meter. Solution, fix meter, nerf useless commander-stuff.
23 May 2019, 15:44 PM

By put down range for Firefly, Jackson to 55 range they will still outrange Tiger and Kingtiger by 10 range and will be in critical range for Paks like ALL german tanks are

This is getting off-topic but forcing Allied TDs into Pak range in order to fire on Axis tanks would completely demolish the Allies' late game. They could use a bit less max range penetration/accuracy and/or DPS, but definitely not less range.
23 May 2019, 18:02 PM

I'd also be against units that efficiently serve two distinct roles at the same time. I never liked how with the ZiS going for heavy anti-tank also gives good AI (or anti support weapons) and by now it's clear that giving the M-42 a dual role was a mistake as well. The game is about strategic unit choices with limited resources and dual purpose units are bad for balance.

i dont think dual role units are inherently bad, it just needs proper execution. the zis for example is the right way to do it, it requires munitions, it an area effect ability thats counter is simply moving (it could probably use a bit more scatter on that first shot though) and when its done its done. over use will obliterate your muni economy meaning its a matter of managing risk/reward.
23 May 2019, 19:34 PM

Panzers can easliy flank and yolo alies tank destroyers because low armor try that with sherman versus panther
Never undrestand argument how poor panzer is because someone make tank destroyer lol
And now imagine tank destroyer with 70 range and with glorius armor

Yep… the great misstake of Jagdtiger...
23 May 2019, 19:59 PM

Yep… the great misstake of Jagdtiger...

*does literally ANYTHING at all to support the JT*
*JT continues to invalidate all enemy armour*
23 May 2019, 20:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised post for excess trolling and 1 reply.
23 May 2019, 20:51 PM

Oh God another OKW changes thread.
23 May 2019, 23:02 PM

Oh God another OKW changes thread.

Do you
a) like their current playstyle and so don’t want them changed?
b) like their current power level?
c) think there are too many OKW change threads.

Plz ecplain too me
23 May 2019, 23:12 PM

*does literally ANYTHING at all to support the JT*
*JT continues to invalidate all enemy armour*

I agree, but;

Why do you always complain when people throw out ideas, and yet never offer your own?
Most of us (at least I don’t) think our ideas are perfect, or even good. But maybe one of my ideas can be improved upon by more experienced players so that it’s actually good.

Also, your feed back is always very true, so I’m not complaining about that
24 May 2019, 00:13 AM

I agree, but;

Why do you always complain when people throw out ideas, and yet never offer your own?
Most of us (at least I don’t) think our ideas are perfect, or even good. But maybe one of my ideas can be improved upon by more experienced players so that it’s actually good.

Also, your feed back is always very true, so I’m not complaining about that

I frequently offer my own changes. This is a topic that has been brought up a good many times and I have linked my suggestion each of those times. This is a touchy topic an I'd like to see other players suggestions instead of constantly plugging my own. If you would like to see it I'll get a link but again, I don't want to crowd this discussion I have in the past.
24 May 2019, 03:45 AM

I think the Brits adequately showed what happens when you'd remove snares from a faction. Replacing the Rakettenwerfer isn't an option either, as it would either leave OKW without an ATG (if you'd keep the AT/AI ISG in Battlegroup) in the most viable meta (Mechanized) or it would make Battlegroup even less attractive (if you'd move the ISG to the HQ).

I'd also be against units that efficiently serve two distinct roles at the same time. I never liked how with the ZiS going for heavy anti-tank also gives good AI (or anti support weapons) and by now it's clear that giving the M-42 a dual role was a mistake as well. The game is about strategic unit choices with limited resources and dual purpose units are bad for balance.

OKW does need some redesigns, but mostly to spread out the faction's power level more evenly across all stages of the match (tone down opening power, earlier Obers, etc.) and to get rid of some cheesy mechanics of certain units (Raketten stealth creep, Uhu, etc.) so the faction becomes more enjoyable both to play with as well as against.

+1

I think he meant replace faust with at rifle nade that pfusies have tho so that might be a moot point.

I don't know that obers need to come earlier though. They already absolutely shred almost all allied infantry barring maybe rangers and shocks at vet0, and then only get better from there. If you want earlier elite infantry there's always falls too, who come plenty early and are still great (and can camo and have fausts).
25 May 2019, 04:34 AM

OKW HT dont need additional HP

he has a smoke

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 13
unknown 10
New Zealand 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W