Login

russian armor

USF Mortar Halftrack White Phosphorus Overperforming

22 May 2019, 17:13 PM

And as long as they can fire with impunity (while your ally holds the line) they are genuinely very hard to deal with.

I think you could say the same about most indirect fire pieces, especially most of the doctrinal ones.

3 mortar HTs might be possible in 3s and 4s, but I've built 2 in 2v2s before and even that was a hassle to avoid diving lights/tanks
2 Jun 2019, 22:40 PM

Greetings peep's

About the USF MHT, which I personally love for his mobility and various Barrages' types, including the White Phosphorus Strike (at top of the reasons to use it, with Delay Fuses).

WP, what a wonderful area/building denying tool ?
Excellent against Infantry but does nothing more then sightblock versus Armor.
For denying those you got Delay Fuses, pretty hazardous but still.

Regarding WP, let's admit it, it's a pretty awful experience to go through I guess.
The area DoT, slow + smoke, provided by those chemical shells makes it an extremely viable AI ability, worth to use, mostly cuz' of his attractive cost.

But this also can be an Ammunition black hole then spammed non-wisely.

Concerning the slow on retreating units, I mean, your retreating speed is also affected by this slow only in the denied area, to me that makes sense.
Running while you get shooted at by a MG is a thing, do this in a blinding cloud of burning WPhosporus is an all other matter.

That said, I would agree on a Vet 1 to unlock it, but delay fuses aswell (Vet 1), cuz' it's still a fragile unit, vulnerable to any form or ATPower.
Vet 2 may not be reached in time (or not at all) to make it worth versus advanced HQ/Trucks.
N.B: we could still switch the crew, so why not.

As a USF player, to me, it's fine the way it is :p, but this may lack of objectivity tho'.
Still without those numerous and potent Barrages, we don't got to forget that it got terrible accuracy on regular hit and lowest pen rate of all Mortars.

One thing I would love to see on the Mechanized Company MHT, is a top gunner upgrade to provide some self defense.
You can still decrew but this seems not like the best way to defend it when isolated, better run away.

However I dunno if it has been done during WWII (probably I suppose, among the ton of versions/variations that get the HT).
Plus it sounds like kinda OP, and anyways you should not let it roll alone in most cases, cuz' of enemy Light Armor response.

Here I don't say that you should build more than one, maybe two in teamgames, or more if you want when it's part/core of your Strategy.

As a personal choice I'd rather stick to one (max 2 on Team games), BUT we all got 100PopCap and it's all about the way we wanna spend it.

Keep it (or they if you want/need) not so far behind your frontline, as it's (they're) mobile(s) enough to follow your line.
In order to got the best range available (cuz' the MHT range is really limited), and reactivity to others Indirect Fire Devices.
Or at least not alone (even if you have two or more of them), and the cake should be baked.
2 Jul 2019, 23:36 PM

WP barrage spam is only a problem on overly narrow maps (Red Ball Express comes to mind), similar to things like Elefants. It can be be very hard to counter in that case, if the Allied team is coordinated.

The barrage can potentially kill fyi, the shells do like 1 damage on impact.
Vaz
3 Jul 2019, 13:27 PM

It's really only effective on those trying to sit in one spot. There is potential to do some pretty nasty retreat blob wipes, but why any of you would want to reduce the lethality of a unit that does either of these two jobs is beyond me. I mean, other than those favoring wm that want to plant mg's in an area and be able to easily deny access all game, yea.
3 Jul 2019, 14:48 PM

This user has started many threads complaining about allied indirect fire(USF specifically). I think that OP should make this thread in ostheer or OKW tips/strategy forum, asking how to counter these units, instead of posting on balance forum to nerf all IDF units he cant handle. Seriously, look at the post history, this is the third one.
3 Jul 2019, 15:37 PM

He probably built triple mgs and double mortars and got wrecked. He would not have this problem if he built snipers with pgrens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★