Login

russian armor

Move soviet sniper to T2

Should the soviet sniper be moved to T2?
Option Distribution Votes
15%
85%
Total votes: 47
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 May 2019, 00:05 AM

T1 of soviets is way to strong for OH to handle. They have:
1. penals who are too good at vet0 and cheap to reinforce
2. scout car that neutralizes the MG & the OH sniper
3. sniper that is very strong against 4 men gren squads who already have trouble handling the scout car and penals.

Move the sniper to T2 at least please !!! It's ridiculous.
16 May 2019, 00:34 AM

IMO this would actually make soviets stronger lol. I'm a big fan of t2 openings in 1v1 (might be in a serious minority here tho lol) and I think having the stability of machine guns as well a sniper would make t2 a lot stronger. It'd also make the mortar sort of redundant and leave t1 without any sort of fire support and would probably just lead to OH mg spam when they see t1, which isn't fun to play with or against IMO.
17 May 2019, 18:32 PM

Or...

remove the sniper
19 May 2019, 05:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

/moved.
19 May 2019, 05:23 AM

One could actually delay sniper.

Currently the least problematic sniper seems to be the UKF one that comes later.
19 May 2019, 05:32 AM

If SOV goes penal into sniper then you can just arrange your mg and 2 grens into a control group and drive the bastards back to base. Decap cutoffs, soft retreat without bleed and wait for 222 to assert dominance. If he goes full penals go 222 or 251 anyway and he'll either has to nerf the ai of the penals getting at rifles or he takes the bleed.

How can you lose your sniper or mg to scout car when they are already used in tandem with gren?

I also bg and cry from time to time when versing top30 sov players bleeding me with snipers. But those are tears of self betrayal because deepdown I know that the hardcounter is just locked behind l2p wall in the form of good countersnipe play.

19 May 2019, 09:33 AM

If all T1 units are deployed against you, what does he cap the map with?
You should easily have 2-3 more squads on field, steamroll map control and get fast T2.
19 May 2019, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2019, 05:23 AMVipper

Currently the least problematic sniper seems to be the UKF one that comes later.

How would you delay the Soviet sniper?
19 May 2019, 11:22 AM

How would you delay the Soviet sniper?

both Ostheer and Soviet sniper could require further tech.
Ostheer could be battle phase soviet could 2 buildings or some other form of tech like AT grenades, molotovs...
There are actually many solutions:
T1 tech is too cheap since for what it provides, it gives access to sniper, semi elite infatry, transport that passenger can fire, explosive grenade , snare.

Actually one could have separate upgrade in T1 that would unlock the PTRS/Sniper and M3 being able to carry infatry or that they can fire.

Or one could increase the fuel cost for T1 or built time for T1 and make any adjustment needed to Penals.
19 May 2019, 14:38 PM

Putting soviet sniper in T2 would basically make CoH2 Soviets the same as vCoH US. Lol

This really just reinforces my opinion that vCoH had better vanilla faction design. (Let’s not talk about vCoH British Forces and Panzer Elite. :/ )
19 May 2019, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2019, 05:23 AMVipper

UKF sniper is least problematic because it shots once every 5 years or so lmao. Spamming sections is a much better alternative or if you want something with more finesse, commandos.
19 May 2019, 17:03 PM

Way back when I thought that the Soviet T2 should have the sniper, the DSHka, and the 120mm. All the call-in MGs and mortars would've been cheap maxims and current-stock mortars.

That was a time before Penals had PTRS. I still think Guards and Penals should've been switched as doctrinal units.

I would've either had the ZiS in t0, (since OKW broke that mold), and require two tier buildings of any combination.

But man, every time I start trying to think of ways to improve CoH2 faction designs as far as tier units and teching, everything boils down as proof that CoH1 vanilla factions, (and even Opposing Front factions!) are more dynamic, robust, and just plain better. That's affected by the decidedly superior doctrinal system though.
19 May 2019, 17:40 PM

19 May 2019, 18:18 PM

T1 of soviets is way to strong for OH to handle. They have:
1. penals who are too good at vet0 and cheap to reinforce

they cost a lot more than the volks you field.

2. scout car that neutralizes the MG & the OH sniper

Raketen.

3. sniper that is very strong against 4 men gren squads who already have trouble handling the scout car and penals.
Move the sniper to T2 at least please !!! It's ridiculous.

The faust upgrade and again Raketen.

I had to edit this from here as I mistakenly thought u meant OKW. Fausts do it. If your opponent micro's too much then you need at least a second gren squad or better positioned MG

but yeah, throw them in T2. Makes my life easier. (sarcasm)

19 May 2019, 18:32 PM

Unless they do something to spice up T1 as well, I gotta give that a no. If you move him to T2, then T1 will consist of 2 units and T2 will consist of 4.
19 May 2019, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2019, 18:18 PMNickbn

they cost a lot more than the volks you field.

Raketen.

The faust upgrade and again Raketen.

but yeah, throw them in T2. Makes my life easier. (sarcasm)

He is talking about Ostheer, not OKW.
19 May 2019, 18:50 PM

He is talking about Ostheer, not OKW.

you are absolutely right.

Then what about fausts?
19 May 2019, 18:55 PM

In what way is the sov sniper problematic?
Sprint was taken, its one model now and fires slowerthe the ost sniper. It cant stun a infantry squad it cant hurt armour.

I gues having 40 muni flare overcompesates all that.

Grens have early faust, the m3 is pretty suceptible to small arms. Penal are expensive and take long to field.

I really dont see a problem here.
20 May 2019, 00:19 AM

If he's using all of his t1 units he's dumping a whack of manpower and even additional fuel on early pressure. Their micro will be split between the sniper/penal combo (660mp right there minimum) and the scout car. Of they can pull that off they desirve to win...
22 May 2019, 13:14 PM

If you see T1 opening with sniper, get infantry camo, put your MGs in cover, with grens camo close to it, he's extremely likely to run his sniper and or M3 into MG fire and faust range (sprint also helps). From there grab G43s and you can pressure snipers when some of his units fall back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS