Login

russian armor

US 57mm HVAP increases armor penetrating value only?

15 May 2019, 09:08 AM

Hi
I just wonder if US 57mm AT HVAP ability will increase armor penetrating value only. I have seen people triggered it even were facing light vehicles. Were those just miss-clicked or there are actually some extra benefits.
15 May 2019, 09:12 AM

Most people are just bad.
They see a button, they click on it, regardless what it does.

Also, you sure it was HVAP and not vet1 ability?
15 May 2019, 09:20 AM

15 May 2019, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 09:08 AMHarry
Hi
I just wonder if US 57mm AT HVAP ability will increase armor penetrating value only. I have seen people triggered it even were facing light vehicles. Were those just miss-clicked or there are actually some extra benefits.

The HVAP ammo is loaded immediately upon activation. For example if you chase a light vehicle and you need to re-locate the AT gun right after it fired a shot (and didnt reload at all), you can activate this ability while the gun is moving and then it can fire immediately once it's setup again.

It's a super niche situation but it still can decide between destroying a light vehicle before it escapes or not if you know this information
15 May 2019, 19:22 PM

Part of it may be mistaking different 'HVAP' rounds, since the ones the Jackson and the Wolverine get are different than the one the AT gun gets -- according to the updated ability guide, those give accuracy and damage as well. Same with other similar abilities like the HEAT rounds that OKW gets through Elite Armor.
16 May 2019, 00:03 AM

The HVAP ammo is loaded immediately upon activation. For example if you chase a light vehicle and you need to re-locate the AT gun right after it fired a shot (and didnt reload at all), you can activate this ability while the gun is moving and then it can fire immediately once it's setup again.

It's a super niche situation but it still can decide between destroying a light vehicle before it escapes or not if you know this information

Just tested, not really true. The gun still have to reload after relocation whatsoever.
16 May 2019, 00:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2019, 09:12 AMKatitof
Most people are just bad.
They see a button, they click on it, regardless what it does.

Also, you sure it was HVAP and not vet1 ability?

I am sure it was the HVAP ability since the projectile looks different.
16 May 2019, 00:06 AM

Part of it may be mistaking different 'HVAP' rounds, since the ones the Jackson and the Wolverine get are different than the one the AT gun gets -- according to the updated ability guide, those give accuracy and damage as well. Same with other similar abilities like the HEAT rounds that OKW gets through Elite Armor.

I know there are differences between tank HVAP and AT gun HVAP. In this case, I am talking about AT gun APDS ability only.
16 May 2019, 02:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2019, 00:06 AMHarry

I know there are differences between tank HVAP and AT gun HVAP. In this case, I am talking about AT gun APDS ability only.

I'm sure, but I mean in game other people may toggle the ability even against light tanks thinking they are the same as the TD ones.

Especially when rushing, one may forget that it's just a penetration boost in the heat of the moment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 44
Russian Federation 39

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment