Login

russian armor

Reserve Armor (Mechanized Company)

12 May 2019, 19:13 PM

So you're claiming soviet lategame is weak w/o commanders? The IS2 is the go-to tank because it's A) a callin therefore ignores teching should you wish and B) the only reliable counter to the IS2 is a panther, outside of Jagd/ele ofc. When a unit a singular counter, you can prepare for that counter a 1000 times easier.

Every faction falls apart if they suffer at some point of the game. See UKF pre snares at GCS2. It isn't just a USF only thing. USF does not to be the pinacle of power in the lategame by an OMEGA margin, they just require more weaknesses. They don't require to be strung up by their gills, just give them small nerfs so they can actually be countered when fully amassed. 2x scotts covered by jacksons is similar to churchill 2x FF. They only viable counter is basically a heavy TD. And if you don't have that you basically just lose the game. Losing the game because your opponet just reached a certain point is no fun to play against, as we saw with OKW vet 5 system and the KT. Yet OKW being "the special snowflake faction" still got rolled by the nerf bat. Other factions should be no different.

Their original design was to fill in their needs with Commanders.

Is USF Lategame really that strong compared to the Axis or the other factions?
Unless I missed something, most of the complains came from the new 0 CP units, one which got nerfed already and the other as well as a variant as soon to follow.

And what weakness do you think should be added to this combination?
I should go check competitive events again, gotta see how USF is dominating them with 2x Scotts 2x Jacksons, if they are being picked over Soviets or Brits at all.

OKW got several nerfs yet is still crazy strong with their meta build though! Do tell what nerfs OKW is suffering next patch, because if there was any, I must have missed them.
ddd
12 May 2019, 19:14 PM

Imagine being so delusional to think USF lategame is good. All you have to do is go to replay section on this forum and look for some high rank usf replays. For instance:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/90403/hour-long-slugfest-on-nexus

Yes, nerf USF lategame even more without providing them nondoctrinal tools like sniper or rocket arty, what can go wrong...
12 May 2019, 19:39 PM

usf late game is good, what are on ? they only lack a soacker non doc, the best TD, best main tank (cost-efficient)
ddd
12 May 2019, 19:42 PM

usf late game is gfood, what are on ? they only lack a soacker non doc, best TD, best main tank (cost efficient)

Agree, usf is food in the late game. And yes, they indeed lack sniper, best TD (panther) and best main tank (okw p4) non doc. Finally someone i can agree with.
12 May 2019, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 19:42 PMddd

Agree, usf is food in the late game. And yes, they indeed lack sniper, best TD (panther) and best main tank (okw p4) non doc. Finally someone i can agree with.

you know your concept best td and medium tank can be reversed to usf. It is completely biased what each player sees being best. I think panther is shitty td but brokenly good premium medium tank, though lots of people see it being underpowered. Also in teamgames its more about spam and how people play around it. Usf player that can keep range and slug out panthers and tigers out of their reach can be annoying for germans while panthers diving in and outgunning allied counterparts raises bloodpressure of the allied players.
12 May 2019, 20:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I would just pull the Dozer blade from mech. It likely doesn’t need it given its other assets.
12 May 2019, 20:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Their original design was to fill in their needs with Commanders.

Is USF Lategame really that strong compared to the Axis or the other factions?
Unless I missed something, most of the complains came from the new 0 CP units, one which got nerfed already and the other as well as a variant as soon to follow.

And what weakness do you think should be added to this combination?
I should go check competitive events again, gotta see how USF is dominating them with 2x Scotts 2x Jacksons, if they are being picked over Soviets or Brits at all.

OKW got several nerfs yet is still crazy strong with their meta build though! Do tell what nerfs OKW is suffering next patch, because if there was any, I must have missed them.

K well this is literally talking with a wall so think i'm done with this arguement. but just to comment on your very first line, lose the idea of "original design" literally no faction is what it was from releases
12 May 2019, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 19:42 PMddd

u don't even know what's a tank destroyer, panther is a tank hunter, stug, jp4 jackson su 85 etc are TD, okw p4 cost more than easy 8, no it's not the best medium tank, u pay tons of fuel a for vet 1 armor of the p4 and u dont gte more
12 May 2019, 20:33 PM

K well this is literally talking with a wall so think i'm done with this arguement. but just to comment on your very first line, lose the idea of "original design" literally no faction is what it was from releases

You can take solace I find the Pathfinder nerfs to be quite fair, they reach vet2 way too fast, letting them easily win cover to cover fights.

PD: #USFneverOP
12 May 2019, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 18:36 PMVipper

Imo the ability should be looked at.

Andy said that they have plan for it but
first they need nerf usf non doctrinal units like jackson scott and sherman he shels
12 May 2019, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 09:33 AMddd
And its just coincidence that Lend Lease is garbage doctrine nobody uses? Imagine t34/85 in a doctrine with fuel drop, that would be instant meta commander, and 76mm costs almost the same with much worse performance.

I use Lend Lease. The 76mm stacks up much more favourably when the alternatives are the T-34/76 and the SU-85.

It's the Jackson and the HE Sherman it struggles to compete with. Even more so when said HE Sherman gets a health and armour upgrade.

I would just pull the Dozer blade from mech. It likely doesn’t need it given its other assets.

Any chance of this happening? It'd do a lot for the balance between USF commanders if the HE Shermdozers were Urban Assault exclusive.
12 May 2019, 21:06 PM

Maybe the next time you get a shot at reworking Commanders?
13 May 2019, 03:08 AM

Think it's be better if the standard sherman wasn't the absolute pinacle of AI power coupled with AT, and the jackson wasn't the holy descendant here to purge axis tanks from life. Then it might shine a bit more.

I would be okay with the Jackson not being the best tank destroyer in the game and the HE Sherman not wiping Grens in almost one shot consistently but if they can't make the 76mm Sherman better the Easy 8 would probably be fine to have instead, especially because it's only tied to Rifle Company now which is a death sentence if you are playing against OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS