Login

russian armor

What commanders are good for ost 1v1 right now?

• This thread is locked
10 May 2019, 21:10 PM

I've been enjoying playing with german infantry doctrine but there's so many other doctrines that are kinda samey that honestly I don't even know where to start with. The only other doctrine I really like in 1v1 is jaeger infantry but seeing as playing ost right now is kind of already a handicap (lul) I want to just mess around with other stuff for fun too.
10 May 2019, 21:17 PM

Prettt much any g 43 commander is capable. Lightning war and elite troops. I personally like also mechanized assault and infantry doctrine
10 May 2019, 21:20 PM

I've been having fun with Defensive personally using T2 rush. The light vehicle rush can give you a fighting chance and it's fun to play with doctrinal units like Stug E. :)
10 May 2019, 22:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think it might be fun to start experimenting with pgren builds and fast t3 builds. I can imagine osttruppen getting a lot better, for example.

Get a few ostruppen or maybe mg42s, tech bp1, get pgrens for some extra firepower, supply drop for fuel and weapon teams, then fast ostwind. You cant practice or use this build on live because pgrens require t2 though.

And yeah, maybe jaeger infantry or a doc with camo. Camod mg42s, and camod, schrecked pgrens for at going into a t3 rush... a lot of possibilities.

For the live patch, theres always the captain price stormtrooper spam build.
11 May 2019, 03:15 AM

I think it might be fun to start experimenting with pgren builds and fast t3 builds. I can imagine osttruppen getting a lot better, for example.

Get a few ostruppen or maybe mg42s, tech bp1, get pgrens for some extra firepower, supply drop for fuel and weapon teams, then fast ostwind. You cant practice or use this build on live because pgrens require t2 though.

And yeah, maybe jaeger infantry or a doc with camo. Camod mg42s, and camod, schrecked pgrens for at going into a t3 rush... a lot of possibilities.

For the live patch, theres always the captain price stormtrooper spam build.

Ostruppen into fast pgrens then fast ostwind sounds quite fun actually. I'm very eager to try it once the new patch hits lol.

Camo is always fun too.

What is the captain price stormtrooper build?
11 May 2019, 06:21 AM

I've seen mech assault play getting a bit popular. There's some good strats you can try, assgrens, call in pgrens with zooks to catch enemy LVs into either a fast teir three or call in a stugE if their going more inf heavy.
11 May 2019, 14:59 PM

I've seen mech assault play getting a bit popular. There's some good strats you can try, assgrens, call in pgrens with zooks to catch enemy LVs into either a fast teir three or call in a stugE if their going more inf heavy.

Are assgrens actually any good? I'd honestly usually rather have normal grens because they can faust and IMO they're just a lot more threatening. Like, when I see assgrens as an allied player I kinda just giggle to myself most of the time and I've never even used them as axis.
11 May 2019, 16:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Are assgrens actually any good? I'd honestly usually rather have normal grens because they can faust and IMO they're just a lot more threatening. Like, when I see assgrens as an allied player I kinda just giggle to myself most of the time and I've never even used them as axis.

Theyre getting better stock RA and access to a 6th man upgrade. Their mp40 damage falloff is also being made a bit more gracious. Feedback on the new performance still hits the spectrum of "will probably be too strong" to "still useless," as usual, so I guess it will remain to be seen.
12 May 2019, 00:49 AM

They require a different mindset to usual ost. You have to be super aggressive and go straight for a cut off or base pin and sit on it with 2 mgs. Getting out some form of AT asap is your intial plan. Two of the call in pgren squads with shreks, chasing down LVs in their drop top ride is a hell of alot of fun too, usually what i go for asap. But you have to stay in control of fuel, and on their cut off (double fuel is ideal, of course), even at the expense of VPs. Or they'll just over run you with any decent LV play
12 May 2019, 01:24 AM

My top 4 commanders currently are Lightning War, Ostruppen, German Infantry, and Jaegar Infantry. You can always experiment with others but Ostheer certainly struggles this current patch a bit.
12 May 2019, 01:35 AM

Theyre getting better stock RA and access to a 6th man upgrade. Their mp40 damage falloff is also being made a bit more gracious. Feedback on the new performance still hits the spectrum of "will probably be too strong" to "still useless," as usual, so I guess it will remain to be seen.

Yeah I know in the patch they are getting better. Might be worth trying out then.
They require a different mindset to usual ost. You have to be super aggressive and go straight for a cut off or base pin and sit on it with 2 mgs. Getting out some form of AT asap is your intial plan. Two of the call in pgren squads with shreks, chasing down LVs in their drop top ride is a hell of alot of fun too, usually what i go for asap. But you have to stay in control of fuel, and on their cut off (double fuel is ideal, of course), even at the expense of VPs. Or they'll just over run you with any decent LV play

That's interesting. Very different, and sounds a super risky (not necessarily a bad thing lol). I do find pgrens with schrecks in the halftrack is super good at killing lights if rng is on your side, and one time I had the thing locked down with pgrens inside and it forced off a t34/85 lol.
13 May 2019, 02:08 AM

Yeah I've gotten proper trounced using the strat, but it can be a whole lot of fun.
11 Jun 2019, 21:56 PM

The thing about grenandiers.
If they get early mgs, they get early vet fast.
So take the luftwaffe commander and drop early med crates for them, they give +acc -recieved.
Then drop munitions so you can upgrade your grens.

If your smart you go straight for t3 with fuel drops. Grens can hold on their own.
17 Jul 2019, 08:22 AM

My favorite commander is German Mechanized this patch, the cost + cp reduction for the 250 with LMG Grenadiers made every part of this doctrine great.

Probably can't make much use of the howitzer in 1v1, altough we all know players like Jove in the recent 1v1 tourney who made that unit into the MVP.
21 Jul 2019, 03:42 AM

Currently like Ostruppen, Elite Troops, and Strategic Reserves
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight