Login

russian armor

Been gone for a month...where's the meta?

9 Oct 2013, 21:02 PM

So I took some time off CoH2 multiplayer for a while to play Rome II (what a shitstorm of a game that is) and more recently, the BF4 beta. I see there's been some balance patches and some new DLC commanders (some of which have entirely new units/abilities apparently?).

Can anyone fill me on the state of the metagame right now? I'm thinking of jumping back in and want to have some idea of what to expect.

Thanks in advance.
9 Oct 2013, 21:11 PM

same old, same old...... same problems. solutions are tooo far in the horizon, the comunity is still crying. i mean complaining.

the strategies are stagnant and the same. forums are cryfest where everyposter is a fanboy. and every unit is op. you have problems with this unit x use doctrines!

i hope people here can take jokes
9 Oct 2013, 21:14 PM

So I took some time off CoH2 multiplayer for a while to play Rome II (what a shitstorm of a game that is) and more recently, the BF4 beta. I see there's been some balance patches and some new DLC commanders (some of which have entirely new units/abilities apparently?).

Can anyone fill me on the state of the metagame right now? I'm thinking of jumping back in and want to have some idea of what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I can tell:

- All the Soviet fanboys still think Ostheer is OP and are whining about it.
- All the ostheer fanboys still think that Soviets are OP and are whining about it.
- Everyone hates when a DLC comes out with an OP unit.
- Everyone thinks the Commander with Ostruppen in it is OP.
- Everyone hates the input lag and game lag.

But I think the overall feeling is that things are getting better. :)

9 Oct 2013, 21:17 PM

some of the balance problems in multiplayer is still not fixed. t3485s are still bad, but is2 is a beast. the tiger now shoots faster than the panther. the early game is better balanced but still needs fixing.
9 Oct 2013, 22:10 PM

Soviet Conscript Spam-T2-quickT3 is really popular at the moment.

Ostheer standard builds seem to be either Ostruppen pure bullshit + Flamer Halftrack or Biggish T1 into P-IVs but I'm seeing a lot more variation in Ostheer strats right now.
9 Oct 2013, 22:12 PM

Still no World Builder.
9 Oct 2013, 22:36 PM

The big thing is that HMG42s have been significantly nerfed. You are now able to use conscript squads to flank. This makes straight conscript spam a viable strategy.

German players are more likely to go straight infantry and less likely to use combined arms early.

Soviet players are less likely to get snipers than they were before as there are now more early game alternatives.

The M3 has fallen out of favor as it can basically be one shotted by a panzerfaust.

Panzergrenadier spam is still popular and so are flame halftracks/scout cars. German AT guns are more popular now to counteract t3.

Panzer4s are as popular as ever. I have seen some more ostwind spam is that true for everyone else? German t4 units are generally ignored except in team games.

SU-85s have fallen out of favor due to several speed nerfs. T3 with t34s seems to be the more widely adopted strategy. T34s are now viable against German t3 (panzer 4s). A fast t-70 is a common option.

Heavy tanks are not so unaffordable now and I have seen more of them in 1v1s.

You could also just play the game and have a look.

@undostrescutaro he was asking about the game not the forums.
10 Oct 2013, 00:49 AM

The big thing is that HMG42s have been significantly nerfed. You are now able to use conscript squads to flank. This makes straight conscript spam a viable strategy.

German players are more likely to go straight infantry and less likely to use combined arms early.

Soviet players are less likely to get snipers than they were before as there are now more early game alternatives.

The M3 has fallen out of favor as it can basically be one shotted by a panzerfaust.

Panzergrenadier spam is still popular and so are flame halftracks/scout cars. German AT guns are more popular now to counteract t3.

Panzer4s are as popular as ever. I have seen some more ostwind spam is that true for everyone else? German t4 units are generally ignored except in team games.

SU-85s have fallen out of favor due to several speed nerfs. T3 with t34s seems to be the more widely adopted strategy. T34s are now viable against German t3 (panzer 4s). A fast t-70 is a common option.

Heavy tanks are not so unaffordable now and I have seen more of them in 1v1s.

You could also just play the game and have a look.

@undostrescutaro he was asking about the game not the forums.

Pretty good post, I would add mg42s have been nerfed enough that you cant really rely on them to hold territory anymore. Any more than 1 infantry squad will easily walk past or through one and it takes significantly longer to suppress inf even at midrange.

As far as meta goes, build conscripts, rush buildings, sit in buildings, profit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight