Login

russian armor

Rebirth of the Sherman Jumbo idea.

7 May 2019, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 16:19 PMddd

The fuk? What does that even mean?

Does the fuel and tech cost difference between sherman and king tiger put them at the same level too?

Thats some next lebel thinking right there.

It is called cost efficiency. Its what you pay and what you get. With Easy8 you easily get what you paid for.

Actually I would say that Sherman is more cost efficient than KT. The only reason to go for KT is probably because one lost hit T4
ddd
7 May 2019, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 16:21 PMVipper

It is called cost efficiency. Its what you pay and what you get. With Easy8 you easily get what you paid for.

Actually I would say that Sherman is more cost efficient than KT.

You are changing subject now, you said easy8 and panther are "on the same level" and as reason you put differences in fuel and tech cost. That doesnt make sense. I can say that kubel is on yhe same level as jackson because difference in fuel and tech cost.

Well im not paying for easy8 since its redundant, with 75mm being nondoctrinal and doing its job fine. There is no point buying it.
7 May 2019, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 15:54 PMddd

Thats a good idea, i was thinking about replacing its smoke barrage with WP shell, so it would have to rely on using WP + MG to deal with infantry.

It should also be faster and have better rate of fire, acting more like a dedicated tank hunter.

Hm Panther rate of fire is very slow mate.
ddd
7 May 2019, 16:50 PM

Hm Panther rate of fire is very slow mate.

E8 rate of fire is very slow too. But it needs some improvements to be worth considering over other usf tanks. Panther has range, E8 could get good rate of fire.
7 May 2019, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 11:53 AMddd

What are you talking about?

1. Commander we are talking about doesnt have access to pershing.

2. Its not "e8 jumbo", its M4A3E2 "Jumbo".

3. It would be very special, if it was somewhere between KV1 and Churchill this would be unit type USF has no access to.

Best thing would be to slap some special skin on it (or existing skin in different color), limit it to one and make it buildable from major tech, similar to OKW tiger.
Of course not USF has already strong tnaks jacksons now with jumbo willl be too strong
7 May 2019, 16:52 PM

The Command Panther is just a Panther with a special paintjob, I don't see why they can't be done for the Jumbo.
7 May 2019, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 16:50 PMddd

E8 rate of fire is very slow too. But it needs some improvements to be worth considering over other usf tanks. Panther has range, E8 could get good rate of fire.

Unit are not balanced around other option in the same faction. Else as soon as unit A from a faction become OP, all other units should also become OP they wouldn't be "worth considering" how the compared to unit A.

Easy8 is a cost efficient Tank, I would rather have than have PzIV H.
ddd
7 May 2019, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 17:09 PMVipper

Unit are not balanced around other option in the same faction. Else as soon as unit A from a faction become OP, all other units should also become OP they wouldn't be "worth considering" how the compared to unit A.

Easy8 is a cost efficient Tank, I would rather have than have PzIV H.

And i would rather have panther than jackson. Deal?

Also i didnt say to buff easy8 all across the board, i proposed reworking it into dedicated tank hunter. Its AI would go down and price would go up.
7 May 2019, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 17:12 PMddd

And i would rather have panther than jackson. Deal?

Also i didnt say to buff easy8 all across the board, i proposed reworking it into dedicated tank hunter. Its AI would go down and price would go up.

Why would anyone built it over the M36?
7 May 2019, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 17:50 PMVipper
Why would anyone built it over the M36?

Assuming the Easy Eight becomes a literal Panther clone?

If a Panzer IV gets the first shot off, it's got a solid chance to beat a Jackson.

A Panzer IV does not beat a Panther.
7 May 2019, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 16:19 PMddd

The fuk? What does that even mean?

Does the fuel and tech cost difference between sherman and king tiger put them at the same level too?

Thats some next lebel thinking right there.

He meant cost relation to stats and effective damage in a normal game situation. Still you are free to disagree without using "extra" words.

I can agree you dont buy 2 shermans each time you see a panther just to win the cost efficiency and stats of the other tank, maybe you just cant. Thats a big disadvantage in the "cost efficient" tank system. The power jumps between each tank is something to care about also.

Thats why the jumbo sherman is interesting, one stats to pay for (durability) and the other ones to bargain for (dmg,speed,utiliy)
Then M4 Standard sherman should be the ones with more utility (with extra cost for it, no longer cost effective)
M4 76 could be the cost effective one, cheaper per resource unit for its stats
And E8 the harder punch ones (with a little better armor, E8 fits better as brawlers)

But there is a problem in this logic, that is USF already had a tool to deal with enemy armour (M36) and its super effective at it. Adding or retweaking the medium armour of USF must have an impact on late TD for balance pruposes.

Edited: M4 and 76 concepts
7 May 2019, 19:11 PM

Guys, remember the Sherman Jumbo has a 75mm gun on it.

This thing has the penetration of a basic Sherman.
7 May 2019, 19:17 PM

Huh, I always assumed that cutting down the barrel with skin transparencies would just make the muzzle blast happen too far away from the new barrel. I'll have to take a look at this!
7 May 2019, 19:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Huh, I always assumed that cutting down the barrel with skin transparencies would just make the muzzle blast happen too far away from the new barrel. I'll have to take a look at this!

Yep, that i was talking about.

I still curious about possible untextured end of the gun, because there is no polygons for it.
7 May 2019, 19:37 PM

Yep, that i was talking about.

I still curious about possible untextured end of the gun, because there is no polygons for it.

Maybe that part would be too small to notice?
I looked back at what you said and agree. I'd like to see how it looks in-game.
7 May 2019, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 19:07 PMLago

Assuming the Easy Eight becomes a literal Panther clone?

If a Panzer IV gets the first shot off, it's got a solid chance to beat a Jackson.

A Panzer IV does not beat a Panther.

If it becomes a Panther clone then axis need TD like M36 and infatry like double bar Riflemen, but this seem a like "a grass is greener on the other side".
Easy8 is a cost efficient tank and does not need buffs.
7 May 2019, 20:18 PM

I would rather see an Ez8 than a new Sherman tank, plus didn't Devs say the new commanders need to include units that are already in the game?
7 May 2019, 20:20 PM

I would rather see an Ez8 than a new Sherman tank, plus didn't Devs say the new commanders need to include units that are already in the game?

No new models, because Relic keep model editing and importing by the community disabled, for a more than 5 year old game now for whatever reason, does not mean the same thing as no new units. If that were a fact pretty much half of the new commanders wouldn't be present.
7 May 2019, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 20:02 PMVipper
If it becomes a Panther clone then axis need TD like M36 and infatry like double bar Riflemen, but this seem a like "a grass is greener on the other side".
Easy8 is a cost efficient tank and does not need buffs.

You asked why, given a choice between a Panther and an M36 Jackson, a player would ever choose the Panther. I answered.

If you'd asked why you'd ever go for an M36 if you had the Panther and M36 available, I'd have said the M36 is cheaper and has a longer range.
7 May 2019, 22:38 PM
Patrion 14

I would absolutely love to see this. But with what we've seen in terms of the communication from some members of the mod team, it does seem unlikely that we can expect any changes and will be stuck with the uninspired commander we have now.

I'd agree that no one would even be able to tell the difference in armour plating between the real thing and the suggested model. Further more, even the relic models are not 100% accurate themselves, so why would minor differences completely preclude the implementation of a new asset.

Still, thanks A. Soldier for the continued effort and all the research :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 31
Germany 1
Germany 665
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %