Login

russian armor

Reduce the damage of PTRS against all vehicles.

Should PTRS do reduced damage to vehicles tanks?
Option Distribution Votes
17%
83%
Total votes: 53
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 May 2019, 04:42 AM

In my opinion it's ridiculous that for a small amount of munitions you are able to counter both light / medium tanks relatively well.
They are extremely strong against light vehicles. Even a flamethrower HT can't win 1v1 with a ptrs squad.
This allows soviets to skip tiers and get tanks on the field faster. Don't tell me that they reduce the infantry effectiveness because that penalty is small comparing to the advantage of getting tanks faster and soviets are cheap to reinforce anyways. Also PTRS gun does pretty high damage against infantry compared to PanzerSchreks who don't do any damage to infantry.
Cast your vote please.
6 May 2019, 05:05 AM

Only Guards PTRS can against infantry too because they have normal rifle accuracy,Penal and Cons PTRS(they are same weapon)accuracy about 0.1 and damage to infantry is 20,do you think this weapon can AI?If you want reduce PTRS AT damage ,at least give them nomral rifle accuracy
6 May 2019, 05:21 AM

Only Guards PTRS can against infantry too because they have normal rifle accuracy,Penal and Cons PTRS(they are same weapon)accuracy about 0.1 and damage to infantry is 20,do you think this weapon can AI?If you want reduce PTRS AT damage ,at least give them nomral rifle accuracy

All I want is the soviet to spend some fuel to counter my medium tanks or more manpower(AT). Now they can just go from PTRS to tanks without much trouble.
6 May 2019, 05:28 AM

Sounds like you want the PTRS to behave like the Boys AT Rifle, having minimal effect against armor except for it's Critical Shot ability.

Given that the two weapons are almost identical in real life, it's surprising how differently they behave in the game.
6 May 2019, 05:49 AM

All I want is the soviet to spend some fuel to counter my medium tanks or more manpower(AT). Now they can just go from PTRS to tanks without much trouble.

So how about move T70 and su76 in T1 or T2?They need more fuel and more manpower
6 May 2019, 06:12 AM

Sounds like you want the PTRS to behave like the Boys AT Rifle, having minimal effect against armor except for it's Critical Shot ability.

Given that the two weapons are almost identical in real life, it's surprising how differently they behave in the game.

No, they are not the same, Soviet anti-tank rifles have the best armor penetration in anti-tank rifles (40 mm armor at a distance of 100-150 meters, Boys: about 20 mm armor at a distance of 100 meters), even 20 mm anti-tank rifles had the worst armor penetration. Plus, these were armor-piercing incendiary cartridges that can set the tank on fire when it gets into the engine, transmission, fuel tank, ammunition.
6 May 2019, 06:23 AM

So how about move T70 and su76 in T1 or T2?They need more fuel and more manpower

T70 is not anti-tank so NO...su76 as a counter to my mediums sounds good to me.
6 May 2019, 06:24 AM

This voting is rigged because most people play soviets anyways..sadface. Democracy wins. yay Power to the noobs.
6 May 2019, 07:26 AM

If PTRS alone are countering your mediums, that's L2P issue.
Post a replay for help.
6 May 2019, 07:49 AM

The only Ptrs wielding squad with a "cheap" reinforcement cost is the conscript squad from the Tank Hunter Doctrine which is unable to fight and win against unupgraded grenadiers efficiently, The Penal battalions can cause problems if they manage to lose 1 Ptrs or pick up a single one because they still get the at-satchel and lose hardly any Antiinfantry firepower.
The Guards might be quite effective against infantry but they force the soviet player to chose a doctrine and have troubles fighting 1,5 grenadier squads with 1,2 lmg upgrades and will never be as efficient while costing similar manpower to reinforce. On a side note Guards lock the soviet player out of all Call-In-Tanks beside the ISU-152 so you can plan accordingly and have better chances of winning if you were ahead in the early and mid game.
6 May 2019, 07:59 AM

They already suck vs anything bigger than a Puma or Luchs. So no dont make them even worse.
6 May 2019, 08:08 AM

This voting is rigged because most people play soviets anyways..sadface. Democracy wins. yay Power to the noobs.

I'd say this forum is more biased towards the axis factions if anything. Which proves what a terrible idea nerfing PTRS damage is if it's still getting massively downvoted.....
6 May 2019, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 08:08 AMGrim

I'd say this forum is more biased towards the axis factions if anything. Which proves what a terrible idea nerfing PTRS damage is if it's still getting massively downvoted.....

You're assuming without any proof.
6 May 2019, 09:35 AM

They already suck vs anything bigger than a Puma or Luchs. So no dont make them even worse.

Wrong..they kill a stug quite quickly.
6 May 2019, 09:39 AM

If you leave it sitting there for a minute.
6 May 2019, 09:40 AM

How much is "quite quickly"?
How long exactly (on average) does it takes for one penal squad to take down Stug?
And how that time should be changed in your opinion?
6 May 2019, 14:01 PM

You're assuming without any proof.

You assumed to make this thread without any proof that the PTRS needs a nerf....so here we are.

6 May 2019, 14:36 PM

This is an absurd statement. You made the poll, it didnt go as you want, and now the voting was rigged the whole time? Whyd you make one in the first place then?

As beasthunter said, the only cheap ptrs squad is tank-hunter conscripts, which is a 75muni upgrade that makes them even more worthless against infantry than they already are
6 May 2019, 15:04 PM

:facepalm:

SU tanks are somewhat lame in the game, even with the "outnumber" mindset, they just wont get sh*t done, but are a resource sink. T34 are not capable of punching through tough defenses. Unless you want KV1s in T3 the changes you want to do wont be of any use. You just cant nerf something out of the blue.

I will grant though that PTRS are hard hitting rifles, when massed (3 squads) they wreak havok on medium armor too and as you said that lets SU bridge to higher tech tiers.

6 May 2019, 15:31 PM

FHT can easily melt any squad, PTRS or not, unless you're goofy enough to get in satchel range -- in which case you deserve the hit.

And if you play Ostheer, panzer tactician means PTRS stop functioning altogether (and it even breaks guards' button ability) since they can't attack ground.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 30
unknown 12
United States 46
unknown 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W