Login

russian armor

UKF USF vs OKW OKW part 1

5 May 2019, 07:13 AM

Hello, just had this game with my friend and we have no idea what we did wrong. Right after this game, we got matched against the same exact people, so we tried something completely different, yet we lost again. I will be posting the second game after I post this. I am Zackman000 in both games.

My friend pointed out that both games the pack 43 88mm was a huge part of the problem. In this game I did not realize the pak 43 88m was causing that much of an issue because my teammate killed it repeatedly, only to have our opponents rebuild it again. Not only that, they spammed a LOT of hmg bunkers across the map in both games.

This game is over an hour long, so please go a little over the halfway mark and start there. I felt like we had the early game to mid game well under our control, it when panthers, bunkers, and the pak 43 were being pumped out that we started struggling, and this was in the late game.

I'm wondering what we did wrong from a strategy perspective and also what I did wrong as a brit player in this situation.

Part 2 will be named "UKF USF vs OKW OKW part 2" which is the rematch where we tried something completely different.

Link to the rematch game I mentioned, posted as another replay review:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/90176/ukf-usf-vs-okw-okw-part-2
6 Jun 2019, 08:05 AM

Having lost many games against the Brits as Wehr, the things I fear most about them are their emplacements. One of those anti-tank 17 pounders on the left side would have put in a lot of work. Obviously it is not meant to take out the likes of a King Tiger, but it prevents them from pushing and at most will waste their time and resources. The game was very close with them only having 8 points at the end, delaying them by a few seconds would have gotten the 8 points. I know you were pop capped for a section, but eventually you lost a tank or a sapper or an MG and could have used that to build the emplacement. I'm honestly not sure if it would have worked, but it's something to consider.

Also take into account they weren't completely stomping you. In fact if you look at the end game report, most of their heavy tanks got only one or two kills (exception being the Panther). They basically used the strategy of pushing forward, doing damage to force you to pull back and repair, then capture the zones with their infantry while building bunkers to waste your time. Towards the end of the game you had 1000+ manpower and used it on MGs, but their veteran 5 infantry will just laugh at those. You're better off building a sacrificial blob of infantrymen. Yeah they'll die taking the zone but so what. He risks losing his level 5 veteran infantry and you risk losing useless manpower that you can just get back.

So having said that I think the number one thing that would have won the battle would be if you used the land mattress or other artillery abilities on their forward repair section, which was behind the treeline on the left flank. I see you used the land mattress on the point a lot and that does damage to the tanks, sure, but imagine how much more devastating it would have been if you damaged the tanks AND killed the pioneers so they lost repair for a few seconds while they rebuilt them. Plus some of those tanks were sooooooo close to being dead the artillery might have pushed them over the edge. I was watching this game in 8x speed so I could have missed you doing that but I definitely saw the land mattress hitting the tanks for relatively minimal effect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★