Login

russian armor

G43 Math. (And maybe LMG? help me :D)

8 Oct 2013, 22:49 PM

Edit: Or use the Spreedsheet :D
8 Oct 2013, 22:58 PM

Why don't you just wait for the spreadsheet to be updated?
Or go to the Spreadsheet, hit File -> Make a Copy and enter the changed values there (careful not to overwrite formulas).
8 Oct 2013, 23:10 PM

Hmmm... because I have to much time? :D You steal all my fun! :P

No, really: Thanks, i knew about the spreadsheet but I kinda forgot. Also I don't trust things I don't understand, but I will look at the sheet now and try to figure it out.

Edit:: And why I don't trust it is because it gives me dps values. But I want to know how many hits are needed, and how long I will usually need to land these hits.
8 Oct 2013, 23:26 PM

Hmmm... because I have to much time? :D You steal all my fun! :P

No, really: Thanks, i knew about the spreadsheet but I kinda forgot. Also I don't trust things I don't understand, but I will look at the sheet now and try to figure it out.

Edit:: And why I don't trust it is because it gives me dps values. But I want to know how many hits are needed, and how long I will usually need to land these hits.

...how many hits are needed? A model has 80 hp. The G43 now does 16. That is rather simple math...

Now if you were asking how many shots, that is quite different.
8 Oct 2013, 23:38 PM

^
Dps probably works just fine, I am a bit parnoid about false stats because of the wrong calculation method.

After looking at the Spreadsheet we can see that the G43 actually gains dps at max range and even on 35 range (cons fighting range) but at 30 range its already lower.

Conclusion: Not much dps increase at the normalfiring ranges, and almost 25% lessdamage at near.
8 Oct 2013, 23:46 PM

^
Dps probably works just fine, I am a bit parnoid about false stats because of the wrong calculation method.

After looking at the Spreadsheet we can see that the G43 actually gains dps at max range and even on 35 range (cons fighting range) but at 30 range its already lower.

Conclusion: Not much dps increase at the normalfiring ranges, and almost 25% lessdamage at near.

Well if you wanted to know shots to kill, its hugely dependant on range and you would be stuck using a spreadsheet again.

To answer your question about how the stats are rolled together:

(I'm sure wooof will be all over my ass if/when I get this wrong, its been a couple weeks since we've had to examine the formula)

(Ready aim time) + wind up + shot duration(.125 seconds) + cooldown + wind down
Subsequent shots replace ready aim time with fire aim time.

Replace the shot duration with (burst duration * rate of fire) to determine how many shots are actually fired and how long it takes to fire the bullets for a burst weapon.

Multiply the number of shots by (reload frequency + 1). This is how many shots are in a 'magazine' before reload.
Reload goes after a wind down and resumes firing with a fire aim time.

Multiply fire aim, ready aim, burst duration, cooldown and reloads with their duration multiplier depending on the range being used.

Values for N and F are LERPED according to range.

Now go ahead and math that if you don't trust the sheet.
9 Oct 2013, 00:15 AM

ive already updated the sheet with the new values. i just hadnt posted about it yet because im trying to add a few new things. you should be able to see the formulas used so you can understand how we got those numbers though. if you have any questions, im sure endeav and i will answer them if we can.

heres the old dps values in case you want to compare them to the new ones:

LMG:
near: 17.098 mid: 11.642 far: 6.186

G43:
near: 8.203 mid: 5.840 far: 3.477
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %