Login

russian armor

Ambulance QoL Change

Replace healing lockdown with handbrake?
Option Distribution Votes
83%
17%
Total votes: 18
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 May 2019, 16:52 PM

I'm reposting this given some core changes are going down in the current patch, there are some QoL edits in there (like the fake passives for units that get better weapons from racks) and the previous topic is several months old.

This is a straightforward QoL (quality of life) change for the USF Ambulance. It doesn't change what the unit can do at all but makes it a bit more user-friendly.

USF Ambulance
  • Add the Handbrake ability.
  • The healing aura turns on automatically when the Ambulance is stationary.

The USF Ambulance currently has a toggle for its healing aura. You turn it on and the Ambulance heals everything around it but can't move. You turn it off to move it again.

I suggest separating these: the ambulance automatically heals if stationary, and the existing Handbrake ability is used to lock it in place.

• The Ambulance will automatically start healing when you build it, so you don't have to move you camera back to your base, tell it where to go, wait for it to get there and turn the aura on.
  • The Ambulance has a clear visual indicator (a big green lock) when it's locked down, so you're far less likely to have it ignore an order to run away or decide to follow your troops onto the front lines.
  • It's much easier to use the Ambulance on the front, as you don't have to constantly toggle the aura on and off to move it.
  • You can tell the Ambulance to go somewhere and then focus on something else: it'll automatically start healing as soon as it stops. No more babysitting the Ambulance while you're trying to micro an engagement.
1 May 2019, 18:42 PM

This would be great and easy to do. Sounds good to me
2 May 2019, 00:56 AM

A micro tax to USF is quite useful. Great idea.
Now i wonder if ¨buffing¨ the medics (the ambo crew) could lead something productive?
3 May 2019, 10:49 AM

Eh? This'd make the ambulance easier to use, not harder.
3 May 2019, 11:00 AM
Patrion 14

Seems like a good idea.
5 May 2019, 23:31 PM

I hope there's scope for it.
6 May 2019, 03:30 AM

Great idea.

A micro tax to USF is quite useful. Great idea.
Now i wonder if ¨buffing¨ the medics (the ambo crew) could lead something productive?

I've noticed they don't actually heal units unless you tell them to a lot of times. Might have to do with units clumping up on retreat or whatever (especially with the pizza base walls). Quite annoying. If it's not a fixable bug for whatever reason, giving them stationary "lockdown" mode where they aura heal would fix it. While I guess at that point they'd be "overperforming", I can't see overly strong medics being a meta changing issue anytime soon lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS