Login

russian armor

How do you counter gren LMG spam --> P4 @ high tier play?

• This thread is locked
8 Oct 2013, 20:18 PM

this is quickly becoming the meta for germans and im wondering how people are dealing with it because soviets seem so weak when this strategy comes into play..

All the german player really does is pump out grens and upgrade with the LMG. If you get a sniper or anything he gets scout cars, otherwise hes going to just use his grens with LMG to eat all your infantry, maybe get an mg42 or two, n then get p4's. Im having a real hard time dealing with this as soviet and need some advice. The LMG is just so strong early game...
8 Oct 2013, 23:45 PM

excuse people who want to play a game where they have a fair chance of winning if they dont want to jump on the German easy train.
9 Oct 2013, 07:13 AM

dont worry all you whining got them nerfed to shit. soviet whinegirls are destroying this game...

realy constructive response
9 Oct 2013, 07:26 AM

this is quickly becoming the meta for germans and im wondering how people are dealing with it because soviets seem so weak when this strategy comes into play..

All the german player really does is pump out grens and upgrade with the LMG. If you get a sniper or anything he gets scout cars, otherwise hes going to just use his grens with LMG to eat all your infantry, maybe get an mg42 or two, n then get p4's. Im having a real hard time dealing with this as soviet and need some advice. The LMG is just so strong early game...

Never fight with only one conscript squad. LMG have 8 dmg and beat everything. Guards LMG have now 4 dmg = dont build them. Only ansfer is supported snipers or maxims, T-34 and mortars. Best are moving Shock Troops with grenade in hand. :-)

PS: and dont listen human shit
9 Oct 2013, 08:16 AM

Snipers. Starve them for munitions.
10 Oct 2013, 14:03 PM

I found getting early-ish shocktroops and/or early-ish T70s, stops this in its tracks, As molotovs, grenades & ppshs can start pushing back the LMGs.

Yeah, Never ever engage a LMG without green cover, molotovs and preferably x2 conscripts (or something else).

You need to keep micro up and do what the soviets do best, keep map control; keep on capping. I have walked pasted squads to cap/decap points before and keep the pressure on.

snipers help BUT, require tons of micro and focus. Cuase if you lose the squad, you've lost a huge investment. IMO, i feel x4-6 grens vs sniper(s) are a bad idea as they can simply swarm the conscripts and snipers with either pgrens or Halftrack. I'd consider snipers only when there are x2-3 grens.
10 Oct 2013, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 14:03 PMKingAnj
I found getting early-ish shocktroops and/or early-ish T70s, stops this in its tracks, As molotovs, grenades & ppshs can start pushing back the LMGs.

Yeah, Never ever engage a LMG without green cover, molotovs and preferably x2 conscripts (or something else).

You need to keep micro up and do what the soviets do best, keep map control; keep on capping. I have walked pasted squads to cap/decap points before and keep the pressure on.

snipers help BUT, require tons of micro and focus. Cuase if you lose the squad, you've lost a huge investment. IMO, i feel x4-6 grens vs sniper(s) are a bad idea as they can simply swarm the conscripts and snipers with either pgrens or Halftrack. I'd consider snipers only when there are x2-3 grens.

+1
10 Oct 2013, 18:47 PM

dont worry all you whining got them nerfed to shit. soviet whinegirls are destroying this game...

You sound just like panzerjagger2,are you his evil twin?
11 Oct 2013, 01:52 AM

Only engage LMG grens when you have good cover. But always pop a molotov on the grens when they're prone and using the LMG. You should be able to get a kill maybe two, before retreating. If you're in good cover then the molotov and cover could equal a win for you.

2 Nov 2013, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 14:03 PMKingAnj

I never have superior map control in 1v1 as Soviets, lose or win I always have hardly any map.
4 Nov 2013, 20:11 PM

Force them to use muni on other stuff, get shocks, deny them high muni points and also lay mines (I repeatedly managed to lure them in and finish em off with a consquad)!
5 Nov 2013, 23:03 PM

A pair of maxims cuts like a knife. Support them with flamers, guards, one or two AT guns. Scripts meanwhile cap and harrass. Build armour.
6 Nov 2013, 02:33 AM

i kind of liked this replay dealing with lmg green with penal batallions.

this is a 2v2 game and since my mate stomped on his side. don't watch the match as a whole. rather look at the individual engagements with greens with lmg and penals. at the left side of the map.
6 Nov 2013, 22:36 PM

3 cons with molotov then 2 maxims do well for me against lmg spam.

7 Nov 2013, 19:57 PM

3-4 cons -> t2 -> schocks with mollies/at nades somewhere in there are a good counter to them
7 Nov 2013, 23:47 PM

4 Conscripts in the beginning,keep 2-3 squads close to each other,overwhelm him with numerical superiority and then ambush his Armoured Car/FlameHT(everyone makes FlamHT usually)...but don't forget to tech :)
8 Nov 2013, 16:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Maxims handle LMG Grens just as well as they do vanilla Grens.
Dont direct approach, hit Oorah and flank it + Molotov same as you would a MG42.

Meanwhile dump your equivalent Muni expense into Mines.
7 Oct 2014, 23:23 PM

everyone is neglecting the huge MP drain that happens against LMG spam, you just don't kill many of them and they kill shit loads of you as you have to approach them.

Also you cant throw molotovs and have flame on more than one unit, maxims just get rifle naded until lmg's them the lmg's will actually beat them anyway, with tier 3 140 fuel away, its not feasible to use as your gonna face multiple tigers generally he will have loads of MP to spare, I only play 1v1 so I'm talking this game mode.
8 Oct 2014, 03:47 AM

Holy necromancy Batman!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 744
unknown 18
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias