Login

russian armor

NEW COMMANDER PREVIEW - 7.0 version

1 May 2019, 14:42 PM

Wait, are people really coming Brits are weak?

Are we playing the same game where bolstered sections will just outright destroy Axis mainline infantry from minute 5 on or so?

And then when you try to counter with a light vehicle, an AEC will instantly hardcounter any of them?

Those brits are weak?
1 May 2019, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 14:34 PMnigo
+1

UC will be used even less as T0 unit. Nice design.

You realise this only delays the Vickers upgrade if you open with Bolster, right? Otherwise you'll have T1 before you can afford a Vickers upgrade.

This literally only weakens the Section Spam into Bolster opening. It doesn't even achieve that, given that build usually spends its munitions on grenades instead.

WTF NERF for Dodge and M3?

The WC51 opening is the strongest opening USF have at the moment.

RIP Mechanized Company.

Hardly. Cav Rifles in a WC51 are 40% less accurate on the move (0.5 to 0.3), so they won't wipe high health retreating squads in the early game any more.

The commander doesn't rely on constant clown car wipes to be competitive.
1 May 2019, 15:10 PM

start playing brit .. .before u comment

Why would playing UKF change the fact that the last tourney held was done me so 2-3 patches ago, and the data you rely on is out of date?
1 May 2019, 15:14 PM

To be honest, if you're playing normal combined arms with UKF it probably is fairly weak.

It's Section Spam that beats OKW at its own (early) game.
1 May 2019, 15:48 PM

Are we playing the same game where bolstered sections will just outright destroy Axis mainline infantry from minute 5 on or so?

And then when you try to counter with a light vehicle, an AEC will instantly hardcounter any of them?

Those brits are weak?

Of cause, Tommy get beaten by sniper/mg42/motar combination. And your poor UC need more ammo to repair now.
1 May 2019, 16:20 PM

I just came back to the game, but I find it hard to see how tommy blobs could be a big problem as is said in this thread. They don't have smoke or sprint nor starting grenades so they have zero tools to counter machine guns. They work at long range and want to be stationary, which is exactly what mortars want to play against. OKW/Ost have stock machine guns and leigs/mortars, stock fausts and schrek/raketen/pak to take care of any flanking bren carriers all of which are also good against emplacements/AEC, and the kubel/pios to cap while he is blobbing (and kubel detects his blob when it gets vet). What's the big deal?
1 May 2019, 16:44 PM

I just came back to the game, but I find it hard to see how tommy blobs could be a big problem as is said in this thread. They don't have smoke or sprint nor starting grenades so they have zero tools to counter machine guns. They work at long range and want to be stationary, which is exactly what mortars want to play against. OKW/Ost have stock machine guns and leigs/mortars, stock fausts and schrek/raketen/pak to take care of any flanking bren carriers all of which are also good against emplacements/AEC, and the kubel/pios to cap while he is blobbing (and kubel detects his blob when it gets vet). What's the big deal?

Relic and in general people just hate the Brits for some reason, been like that ever since they released the original Brits back with Opposing Fronts.

Whenever I play with them I'm called a lamer, camper and all sorts of other derogatory terms.

Their Army design is also heavily static and defensive for one reason or another, I understand having the option to dig in, but forcing you to rely on stationary and static emplacements and them being in your core roster is a big why the fuck for me to be honest. At least the CoH2 Brits rely a lot less on emplacement than the CoH Brits but it's still a problem for the players playing the Army and the players playing against them in my opinion.

If it were up to me I would go back and redesign both of the British Armies, I even have plans I've shared many times on how one possible way to do it might be.
2 May 2019, 03:10 AM

Why would playing UKF change the fact that the last tourney held was done me so 2-3 patches ago, and the data you rely on is out of date?

start playing brit after ur 5k okw games will make u less bias and learn the story from the other side
2 May 2019, 03:13 AM

Those brits are weak?

so... u have problem with section and now u nerf uc ? instead of section?
2 May 2019, 03:16 AM

And not to mention the change of the uc will bring great impact to case like 4v4 given the time delay (t1 + ammo spent increase on repair) and lack ability to pin big blob of vickers uc
2 May 2019, 04:01 AM

start playing brit after ur 5k okw games will make u less bias and learn the story from the other side

How would that change the objective fact that the tourney was ages ago and since there are no win rates posted, you cant actually say UKF have the lowest winrate.

EZPZ
2 May 2019, 07:40 AM

WC51 nerf to passenger accuracy is good to make Cav Riflemen clown car worse but why nerf the M3??
2 May 2019, 10:03 AM

RIP Mechanized Company.

Rip twisted tootsy

I don't really think it was OP, once players got used to the strat it falls on its face. One mine or Faust behind a shot blocker and it's GG

2 May 2019, 11:00 AM

Rip twisted tootsy

I don't really think it was OP, once players got used to the strat it falls on its face. One mine or Faust behind a shot blocker and it's GG

Yeah mines really do pay off when the m3 is packed with 2 REs with 2 zooks each and one squad is upgraded with a sweeper.

I think it might be enough to lower the benefits of step on it, maybe fix the firing mainweapon for the m3 or atleast add a cost or a longer cooldown to the ability. I am pretty sure that this huge debuff will make handheld at next to useless and the light vehicles might get useless (beside being a carrier that just rushes in and decrews to wipe some teamweapons).
2 May 2019, 11:25 AM

I feel the USF M3 change is truly meant as a ninja nerf to Tootsy, lol.

Lowering the amount of passengers that can fire out of the M3 to 4, like all other halftracks, would be a far more clean solution, only nerfing Cavs.

Otherwise change the moving accuracy to 40% to compensate for the fact it has an extra model firing out of it (5*0,4 vs 4*0,5).

30% moving accuracy will make this unit unviable for both Zooks and Cavs. You're already staking a huge amount of manpower and munitions on a squishy unit. It's a 40% dps nerf from what it has now.
2 May 2019, 18:53 PM

OKW can go t0 panzerfusiliers now as a tactical counterpick vs WC51, I really dont think that moving accuracy nerf is necessary
2 May 2019, 22:13 PM

It's okay, I don't mind taking it off the rooster, but this feels like the usual knee-jerk reaction because USF can out-cheese OKW in the early game. All good though, OKW needs it, else they crumble.
3 May 2019, 01:10 AM

It's okay, I don't mind taking it off the rooster, but this feels like the usual knee-jerk reaction because USF can out-cheese OKW in the early game. All good though, OKW needs it, else they crumble.

USF 'needed' early game cheese aswell before the last patch, so we can call it even now.
Its not like they are out of tools either.
3 May 2019, 11:12 AM

Version 8.0 KOTH update

Version 8.0 Changes

USF
Pathfinders
- Now start on initial cooldown.
- Cooldown from 18 to 20.
- Veterancy requirements from 340/680/1360; applies to both variants (IRPF)
[Edit: new requirements are somewhere around Grenadier level]

British
Universal Carrier
- Reverted Vickers K tech lock change.
- Armor from 7 to 5.8.

Soviets
1910 Maxim
- Sustained Fire suppression bonus from 15% to 25%.

Bug Fixes
- Engineers can once again build B4 Howitzers
- Fixed an issue where the 251 could be upgraded with flamethrowers when acting as an observation post.
- Fixed an issue where the Bofors could not kill aircraft. Chance to down planes is set to 10% per round.

Observer Mode Update
Mod team has added observer mode functionality in preparation for this weekend's King of The Hill special
  • Added "New Commanders Tournament (VPC)" mode which uses a dummy commander pick to fix observer bug.
  • Both players will need to select a dummy commander as soon as the game starts. They will then be able to select new commanders.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/284733#Comment_284733

Tournament mode is known to have a bug with the dummy picks (some commander abilities from the dummy pick commander are kept) which should be hotfixed later today.
3 May 2019, 11:15 AM

Version 8.0 KOTH update

does someone have the numbers for the new pathfinder veterancy requirements? :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment