Login

russian armor

CoH3 will be MODERN WARFARE ??????

PAGES (11)down
6 May 2019, 03:47 AM

I don't think a modern setting fits CoH - too many high tech high range weapon systems (like ATGMs) and focus on merging combat roles like the Main Battle Tank or stuffing all sorts of heavy weapons on recon/infantry fighting vehicles (like Bradley or BMP). Or all infantry having standardized assault rifle + LMG loadouts.

Something early Cold War (the end of the 'mechanical' warfare era) would be pretty interesting though. Basically 1950s-1960s with Pattons and T-54s and with light tanks like the M41 still in service could basically be a reskinned CoH/CoH2. The same mechanics and core but in a new and unique setting.

That's my concern with a modern setting, especially with infantry combat. How would one make any tactical decisions on how to engage other infantry units when they both have almost exclusively assault rifles and maybe SAWs? It'd also be harder to come up with a lot of varied infantry types since a lot of them use pretty much the same weapons now lol.
6 May 2019, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2019, 22:28 PMTobis
I just want to point out that Microsoft is making a big push towards supporting keyboard + mouse on console, and trying to cover more of the hardcore/pc gamer audience. CoH3 is going to be coming out in a few years along with the XboX 3, I don't think it's far fetched to assume they have some deal worked out with microsoft to try and have CoH3 be some sort of XboX console exclusive (with PC of course) to push adoption of the XboX 3 as a more general computer gaming replacement. We already know they are working with microsoft on AoE 4.

Good post!
7 May 2019, 20:08 PM

Does Relic even have the man power to work on COH3 and the new AOE? I really don't like it when studios are split into different games at once - Bioware is a prime example.
7 May 2019, 21:22 PM

No, modern-warfare plz.
7 May 2019, 21:50 PM

Now that I've thought about it... I think I would actually prefer it if CoH 3 gave a crack at the modern warfare setting instead of WW2 North Africa.
7 May 2019, 22:54 PM

a modern warefare system would work nicely for COH3 ... the question is would it be an actual war (Iraq, Ukraine, Syria) because the factions would be limited... If it would be modern "fantasy" warfare then giving the player the option of lets say multiple country's...USA, Britain, China, Russia, India etc... or something along those lines .... that would be interesting
8 May 2019, 12:07 PM

Improve the WW2 theme. Do not jump to another theme. That is my advice. Improve on the mistakes and mechanics to make the game better. That is the kind of game I want to buy.

It would not make sense for Company of Heroes franchise to suddenly become Modern Warfare. If that were the case, guess I will not be looking forward to COH3 after all.
8 May 2019, 12:30 PM

50's~60's cold war + fictional extended WW2 will be good

Nazi germany + USSR vs EU + USA

8 May 2019, 19:08 PM

1. Why would you guys want another ww2 themed RTS? It would be an expansion with better graphics and few new units. Repetitive and boring. Let's be honest we play coh2 because there is no game that has the same mechanics directional cover/RNG/Armour values, tech trees as well as large but manageable individual unit command, so we are stuck with coh franchise for now.

2. Cold war era has numerous units that range in the light, medium, and heavy category M1A1 vs T90, Bradley vs BMP 2. There are dumb bombs, smart bombs, mobile arty etc. Coh1 had a modern warfare mod that I thought was great. It wont be all lazers, point and click abilities.

2. Halo wars 2 was complete trash. For halo 1, I was #1 anders, top ~5 2v2. So when I played halo wars 2,It was a complete wrong direction, imo they went complicated as they should have stayed with a simple rock paper sizzor foundation.

8 May 2019, 19:52 PM

1. Why would you guys want another ww2 themed RTS? It would be an expansion with better graphics and few new units. Repetitive and boring. Let's be honest we play coh2 because there is no game that has the same mechanics directional cover/RNG/Armour values, tech trees as well as large but manageable individual unit command, so we are stuck with coh franchise for now.

Because early war presents opportunities for more new factions and shitload of "new" tanks and equipment, which would be a nice thematic refreshment from the traditional formula of sucking krupp steel dick.
Because a part of war, where german tanks are most inferior one would be new and unique take on WW2 rts(sorry heavy tank lovers, you'd have only french and british heavy tanks to play with).

2. Cold war era has numerous units that range in the light, medium, and heavy category M1A1 vs T90, Bradley vs BMP 2. There are dumb bombs, smart bombs, mobile arty etc. Coh1 had a modern warfare mod that I thought was great. It wont be all lazers, point and click abilities.

Problem with that is infantry.
ALL of them except for snipers would be automatic rifles. Maybe forced DRM squad.
8 May 2019, 20:36 PM

Because early war presents opportunities for more new factions and shitload of "new" tanks and equipment, which would be a nice thematic refreshment from the traditional formula of sucking krupp steel dick.
Because a part of war, where german tanks are most inferior one would be new and unique take on WW2 rts(sorry heavy tank lovers, you'd have only french and british heavy tanks to play with).

ALL of them except for snipers would be automatic rifles. Maybe forced DRM squad.

And Soviet KV-1/2 and one super prototype: KV-220, SU-100Y, SMK

If you take the operation The Unbelievable, this is all that was used in the Second World + new items: Centurion, A39 Tortoise, IS-3, T-44, ZSU-37, SKS (which started front-line tests in 1944), Soviet prototypes of assault rifles and RD-44 , M2 / 3 carbine (early version of the RPD-44), ARL-44, Soviet satellites using German tanks.
8 May 2019, 20:47 PM

I think your wrong, there are plenty of light med and heavy tanks to introduce early and later in game as well for actual game content, also, since cold war gone hot never happened to the full extent, relic is free to make a whole scenario with endless possibilities. As for infantry, I dont see why simple stuff such as ak47s being fully auto, m16s being semi (rough example) not like relic went full historical accuracy here. I mean mini 14s are semi, it would be a huge post if I implimented all the various units and weapons of NATO and Warsaw. Point is, there are plenty to chose from. I mean we currently have p2s fighting against pershings so yeahhh
8 May 2019, 20:58 PM

Because early war presents opportunities for more new factions and shitload of "new" tanks and equipment,

Oh God, I just realized that if I want to keep being a US main I might have to use the M3 Lee. I hate that tank.
But really, having a different setting, even within WW2, would be nice for variety since a pretty large part of faction design comes down to real life equipment.

Also, about modern small arms, Western armies usually use their rifles in semi-auto, while other armies doctrinally prefer full-auto. That could be a nice for asymmetry.
8 May 2019, 21:01 PM

Oh God, I just realized that if I want to keep being a US main I might have to use the M3 Lee. I hate that tank.
But really, having a different setting, even within WW2, would be nice for variety since a pretty large part of faction design comes down to real life equipment.

Also, about modern small arms, Western armies usually use their rifles in semi-auto, while other armies doctrinally prefer full-auto. That could be a nice for asymmetry.

Don't worry, US were late to the European party.
(that means no US and M3 belonging to british forces for the lease deal)
8 May 2019, 23:37 PM

I think going Modern Warfare would be a mistake. Much of the community is passionate about this game partially because of the historical WWII setting. A Pacific campaign could be great but I wonder if the European fans of the series would come along.

I feel the play style COH lends itself to the hardware of WWII. That being said perhaps the Korean War would be interesting because as far as I know much of the equipment was similar to what was used at the end of WWII.
10 May 2019, 09:33 AM

Imagine if COH3 was STAR WARS.

lol, what a change would that be.
10 May 2019, 19:53 PM

Korean War is a better
10 May 2019, 20:25 PM

The biggest question whether they'll go alternate history but serious or something like CC:Generals
10 May 2019, 21:04 PM

Imagine if COH3 was STAR WARS.

lol, what a change would that be.

Coh in wolfenstein universe sounds better
10 May 2019, 21:12 PM

CoH 3: Vietnam (Factions: USF, USMC, NVA, NLF + ARVN, AUS Expansion)

Tunnels, Cobra Gunships, Huey Transports, 155mm howitzers, Napalm strikes. M60's, phofor nades, Spookygun Ships, Arc Light Strikes.
Mines, tripwires, claymores, boobytraps Etc.??

:D
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment