Login

russian armor

Is Relic taking action against drophackers in coh2?

Hux
8 Oct 2013, 21:52 PM
Patrion 14

Seems we need some sort of armed drophack militia...
8 Oct 2013, 21:54 PM

they dont care. as long as you give them money they think that the lag, drop hackers, lack of lobbies etc are a non issue.
9 Oct 2013, 07:40 AM

As a casual player I don't really care if ppl do that. And actually it's hard to determine how many of the quite many disconnected games that are staged.

At a different subject, I was told previously that reports of team kills and other abuse was supposed to be sent to info@relic.com

Now it's enforcement@relic. com???

So were the previous messages sent in vain? Or do different kind of reports go to different e-mails?
9 Oct 2013, 08:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Public accusations or any sort should not be done on COH2.ORG guys, please remember it because I am now forced to invisible that post. Email enforcement@relic.com with the accusation and the screenshot and they will eventually take care of it ;)
9 Oct 2013, 08:26 AM

Public accusations or any sort should not be done on COH2.ORG guys, please remember it because I am now forced to invisible that post. Email enforcement@relic.com with the accusation and the screenshot and they will eventually take care of it ;)

I did not know that, but I posted it to basically inquire about that kind of behavior from the developers. If I post it again with the name of the player blocked out then its considered normal?
9 Oct 2013, 12:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hmm I think that if you obscure players names with the aim of showing just an example to enforce your argument, then yes there would be no problem for us.
10 Oct 2013, 03:18 AM

So.. the witch hunt begins again.
10 Oct 2013, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 15:36 PMStoffa
Nullist if you just ALT F4 out of a game you don't do a drophack, you get a loss if you do that. A drophack is done by deliberately lagging out your game by, for instance, pulling out your internet cable or starting a big download.

Also I can't help but think that you're talking out of your ass here since you don't even play this game.

How can you possibly prove or ever know someone is starting a big download or have ever known without standing next to that person or have done forensic investigations on their computer and network? As opposed to packet loss or network congestion? Talk about things coming out of places.....Oh the Irony
10 Oct 2013, 04:08 AM

Permanently Banned
How are you even supposed to see it off someones ladder page if they are a dropper?

From a high number of "Disputes" or what? Or "Drops"?

And if someone only drops when they are about to lose, but continue when they win, how is that supposed to eventually bite them on the ass?

That they will "lose" in future if their opponent drops??

I dont get it.
10 Oct 2013, 06:34 AM

simple fix- VP counters. if you have less VP's than the enemy and you drop out you should lose.

edit: this is a stupid idea, it obviously wont work, sorry.
15 Oct 2013, 17:53 PM

I just got this reply from Relic for two submissions I made:

Thank you for reporting this. We have taken action on this matter.

- The Relic Enforcement Team

I obviously don't know the action they took, but I am glad that they are replying and find this an encouraging sign.
15 Oct 2013, 18:16 PM

...the glorious sync-hack is back as well, so if any admin is here, any info about an fp-forum? Like I mentioned before, there are a lot of community members (including me) that could help with putting one up.
15 Oct 2013, 18:45 PM
Patrion 14

Edit: Edited to prevent further derailing.
16 Oct 2013, 09:14 AM

Interesting observation, very often when I quickly beat a 1v1 opponent with Assault Grenadines they resort to the lag/kick tactic. They usually make a derogatory comment like p2w etc before starting to lag the game.

The last time this happened in my game I decided to kick and funny enough I got the win, but still a dispute was added to my profile. I guess you will always get a dispute whether you kick or get kicked?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment