Login

russian armor

More uniformity between factions

Abilities like defensive vehicle smoke to work the same for all factions?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
70%
Total votes: 27
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Apr 2019, 13:20 PM

I would like to ask the devs to make similar abilities more uniform among factions if they don't serve as flavor. What I mean by this:

1.Tank smoke to have same delay for all factions (currently its instant for axis and on a delay for others).
2.All units to have the ability to holster minesweepers (currently only for OKW).
3.<Up for debate> Arty (on-map or otherwise) not to be able to target base sector (could argue of some inconsistencies with this as well).

The list is not exhaustive but you get the gist.
20 Apr 2019, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:20 PMPereat
I would like to ask the devs to make similar abilities more uniform among factions if they don't serve as flavor. What I mean by this:

1.Tank smoke to have same delay for all factions (currently its instant for axis and on a delay for others).
2.All units to have the ability to holster minesweepers (currently only for OKW).
3.<Up for debate> Arty (on-map or otherwise) not to be able to target base sector (could argue of some inconsistencies with this as well).

1) Big yes on the tank smoke delay for everyone

2) This IS a flavour and assymetrical advantage, so... no

3) Big yes. On map howitzer arty included
20 Apr 2019, 14:15 PM

Uniformity between factions, no. Differences are good if those differences aren't "missing this basic tool."

Consistency between factions though, like you've described here? Definitely.

Sturmpioneers have sweeper hosltering because they're a 300 MP combat unit, but it couldn't hurt for Pios and Combat Engineers. None of them are spammed as mainlines.
20 Apr 2019, 18:10 PM

On map tools should absolutely be able to fire into the base sector. Could mess around with a damage reduction when in your own base (would hopefully help with flame cars too) but disallowing a unit that costs fuel and is taking up population from firing into the base is an awful direction
20 Apr 2019, 18:11 PM

On map tools should absolutely be able to fire into the base sector. Could mess around with a damage reduction when in your own base (would hopefully help with flame cars too) but disallowing a unit that costs fuel and is taking up population from firing into the base is an awful direction

Double the recharge speed in return?
20 Apr 2019, 18:33 PM

I understand artillery being a tool to punish massing static defences and to help with a breakrough. Having it fire at an enemy base is a tool to punish someone for having units.. would combine explosive dmg to retreating squads into same category of annoying nonsence you can't avoid.
20 Apr 2019, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 18:33 PMPereat

I understand artillery being a tool to punish massing static defences and to help with a breakrough. Having it fire at an enemy base is a tool to punish someone for having units.. would combine explosive dmg to retreating squads into same category of annoying nonsence you can't avoid.

If base is in range of ON MAP arty, it SHOULD be able to fire inside it.
There is no magical forcefield protecting base from infantry or tanks, there shouldn't be one for on map arty.
20 Apr 2019, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 18:45 PMKatitof

If base is in range of ON MAP arty, it SHOULD be able to fire inside it.
There is no magical forcefield protecting base from infantry or tanks, there shouldn't be one for on map arty.

Afaik I can't drop arty flairs with brit sniper/IS on enemy base sector due to a magical force field. Technically their arty is on map (although w/o pop cost).
20 Apr 2019, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 18:54 PMPereat

Afaik I can't drop arty flairs with brit sniper/IS on enemy base sector due to a magical force field. Technically their arty is on map (although w/o pop cost).

Brit arty also can not shoot without these flares, like all other arty units, its more of an offmap then on map and it has more in common with USF Major arty then LeFH.
20 Apr 2019, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 18:55 PMKatitof

Brit arty also can not shoot without these flares, like all other arty units, its more of an offmap then on map and it has more in common with USF Major arty then LeFH.

But its physically on the map, can be destroyed, cost fuel and is subject to the force fields you mentioned. And if im not wrong it counts as onmap artilery for the purpose of counter barrage. Artilery (as oposed to tanks and inf) is in no danger when attacking an enemy base and is somewhat a cheese move. I guess it's a matter of taste what you want to see in a game. I'm just arguing on having the same rules for everyone.
20 Apr 2019, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 20:54 PMPereat

But its physically on the map, can be destroyed, cost fuel and is subject to the force fields you mentioned. And if im not wrong it counts as onmap artilery for the purpose of counter barrage. Artilery (as oposed to tanks and inf) is in no danger when attacking an enemy base and is somewhat a cheese move. I guess it's a matter of taste what you want to see in a game. I'm just arguing on having the same rules for everyone.

It doesn't cost anything to place, it doesn't cost anything to "rebuild", it doesn't have veterancy, it doesn't have pop cap, you have no ability to place it where you want it(it doesn't cover all map, unless the map is sufficiently enough, so that is another similarity with on-maps, but it definitely has nothing else in common with them).

Its simply for visual candy and outside of that, its an off-map with off-map mechanics to use.
20 Apr 2019, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 14:15 PMLago
Sturmpioneers have sweeper hosltering because they're a 300 MP combat unit, but it couldn't hurt for Pios and Combat Engineers. None of them are spammed as mainlines.

IMO it would be better to give them shared veterancy when they get the minesweeper, so they can actually get vet while doing their job (supporting other units).
20 Apr 2019, 21:09 PM

IMO it would be better to give them shared veterancy when they get the minesweeper, so they can actually get vet while doing their job (supporting other units).

That would be nice.
Flamer engies always reach vet3 relatively fast anyway and don't get much of rec acc anyway and the moment you pick sweepers, you pretty much concede the possibility to ever get more then vet1.
20 Apr 2019, 22:44 PM

Change vehicle smoke to have a delay for all factions, then allow axis to use snares through smoke like allies can.
20 Apr 2019, 22:47 PM

I agree with everything except allowing other squads to holster sweepers. As others said, sturms get to be the exception because they're actually meant for combat to a degree and they're accordingly expensive as the tradeoff. Not like rear echelons losing a carbine when they upgrade sweepers will change anything anyway since they already lose to every unit in the game lol.
20 Apr 2019, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:20 PMPereat

1.Ost vehicle smoke is command ability,how many vehicle got smoke without command ability?
2.I’m not sure,but OKW Sturmpionners need 8 pop and can't upgrade weapon to help get VET fast(1xSchreck is useless)same pop other factions got 3 repair squads,OKW need upgrade tool kit to got same repair speed,so that's not fair for OKW,if you make SP need less POP and can upgrade flamethrower without commander,so No.
3.It’s not fair for OKW too,OKW didn't have frontline reinforcement without commander ability or MedicHQ,and most time OKW deploy MedicHQ out base sector and upgrade retreat point ,so Allies when see OKW infantry retreat can bomb they MedicHQ,even they infantry retreat to base,still can give damage to OKW,but Allies factions got frontline reinforcement or mobile retreat point,if you give OKW all HQ can mobile,I say YES,if not,I say NO.
20 Apr 2019, 23:55 PM

Permanently Banned
So USF/UKF get instant tank smoke stock, (UKF smoke is basically as close to instant as could be) while Ost only gets it doctrinally? This suggestion coming from a person who thought the old ostwind was perfectly fine? Should we be surprised?
21 Apr 2019, 00:38 AM

I'd like to see the smoke on axis tanks slightly delayed and fired in front of them a bit so it's less of an easy mode escape but can be used offensively.
Or at the absolute least made an upgrade primarily so there is some premedetation involved.
21 Apr 2019, 02:10 AM

I'd like to see the smoke on axis tanks slightly delayed and fired in front of them a bit so it's less of an easy mode escape but can be used offensively.
Or at the absolute least made an upgrade primarily so there is some premedetation involved.

+1
I think exactly the same, it shouldnt be too hard to code the smoke pot to spawn a few meters in front of the tank and a little (realistic) delay too.

As an upgrade sounds too controversial, unless it is dirt cheap (40 muni or so) since you already pay each time you use it. Maybe turning smoke into a expensive upgrade (100 muni) and making it free will reduce its "spammability" at least on every single OST armour. LVs would never use it tho
21 Apr 2019, 03:44 AM

So USF/UKF get instant tank smoke stock, (UKF smoke is basically as close to instant as could be) while Ost only gets it doctrinally? This suggestion coming from a person who thought the old ostwind was perfectly fine? Should we be surprised?

Where is it written that commander abilities should be better versions of things? Are flamers that okw/ukf get better than stock for other factions?

And I stand by my assessment that shock ostwind is a terrible idea as its new dmg coupled with its speed will wipe squads on retreat like nothing. And you most likely could a-move a ost+p4 to enemy base and go afk that early in the game for a win.

And yes, this is coming from a guy who doesn't have an avatar with a terrible taste;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS